The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can Everyone Just Stop Calling This Team Classy?!

jonnycanuck46

did you not hear? the team will be classy when so-called 'fans' have a huge rant after a loss.

Had we won would you have posted a rant....of course not.

EDIT: oh and a classy team does not necessarily warrant a suspension. Last I checked Linden and the Sedins were classy players.....

If you guys are so embarassed, just simply stop supporting them and support Detroit or NYR. I just don't get all the whinning from you guys but yet you still support the team.

I for one don't care about that stuff because it doesn't affect the game in any way. Had they not done that last would they have won?

I don't care because we will always be hated and called dirty no matter how clean we play or when we win the cup. That is all in the game, and they didnt get any calls for it so let them do it. As long as they don't take cheap shots on other players and hit peoples head in the glass. Diving and selling calls is just part of every sport. Get over it.

Anyone who thinks we are classy has their head in the sand. We HAVE our moments, strictly speaking, in the community... the Canucks organization/players do a tremendous amount of charitable work. That's classy. However, our on ice antics and having our management complain about certain aspects of the game for the entire league and media to dissect, probably not that classy. There is a time and place for stuff like that to be handled, and phone call to league head office should suffice.

That being said, last night was brutal to watch. I've been in denial when other fans/teams called us divers/whiners etc. But I see it, and its frustrating. I don't want to us to be known as those types of hockey players. There is integrity of the game that needs to be respected, regardless of what occurs. Most of the time it is out of our control. I.e. reffing/suspensions etc.

A true team fights through adversity and brushes it off.

Our fanbase is Jekyl and Hyde on its best days, and we are the laughing stock of the league. I'm sick of it, and I know a good percentage of us are too. We reap what we sow, and until we play whistle to whistle, good hard-nosed hockey, we will be known as divers/whiners.

Boston Bruins were dirty and cheap against us and they got a freakin cup and we are still the hated and arrogant team. IF taking a couple cheapt shots and dives gets us a cup, I all in.

After last season, I'm convinced for us to win we need to play Bruin style hockey and take a few extra shots at guys and keep chirping.

When your Captain goes from viking mode (last 10 regular season games) into Olympic diving mode (1st playoff game) its never a good thing.

I just thought i would never be subjected to that again after last year. Its like these guys learned NOTHING from last year playoffs.

Kesler was an embarrassment and LaPierre needs to shut his yap and let his play do the talking.

Last night's diving did nothing but turn the refs against us and prove the haters right.

Diving, snowing the goalie, atta boy Kesler. Way to make us look like even bigger a**holes.

Guys, honestly, before you start laughing at the OP, think about what he has said. It's true. I simply couldn't help myself but be disgusted by the way the Canucks were playing last night. Don't get me started with Kesler, then Luongo falls to the very back of the net and Hank slides on his back from the blue line to center. Unbelievable. Then you guys wonder, " OMGZ WHY WASN'T THAT A PENALTY!" It's because they acted like people from my drama class in high school. I don't blame the refs for putting their whistles away sometimes, they are just simply confused. Cut the crap Canucks, you won't get your PowerPlay.

It hurts, really. I am proud to say that I've always been a Canucks fan, but when they open the playoffs doing that? What is there to cheer about? On top of that BS, they lose. Come on guys. You just won the presidents trophy, and all you wan to play for is a damn PP?

If Canucks continue their BS, Kings in 6.

If Canucks play properly, Canucks in 5.

I don't get it. after playing the season good and clean and coming out on top, they get one game into the playoffs and resort right back to this garbage? I don't even care if this team loses again. They need classy players like Linden and McLean again. The 94 team had 100x more heart.

yes i saw the play thats why i brought it up, and yes he did take a dive, imo anyways, and obviously in the refs opinion too. Its playoffs every team embellishes and dives somewhat to give their team any advantage they can. But kesler last night, just disgusted, cant even defend that.

Archived