The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks' Schneider Apologizes For Comments Regarding Oilers

Edler0023

As an Oilers fan I really didn't find his comments to be a big deal. Honestly, most people outside of Edmonton don't care about the Oilers because they don't give anyone a reason to care. Schneider said something that pretty much everyone is thinking. The only issue I had with his comments were that while they were true, they were random and unprovoked. It was big of him to apologize. I don't think it was necessary but it was a classy move by a relatively young player.

how strong the stench of arrogance. Must feel good making fun of one of the worst teams in the league.

Don't worry, there will be a time in the near future where the oilers will take over the NW. I'm pretty sure all the cocky fans will shut up then and talk about how annoying oiler fans are...

Oh the irony that awaits

Canucks will always be my team as I was born and raised in Vancouver watching the canucks.

However, I follow other teams that I find interesting. For instance, I have supported St. Louis for the past couple years and am glad they have broke through the standings finally. Other notable teams I pay attention to are the Avs, Philli, and Winnipeg (just because I'm glad they are back). As for Edmonton, what is there not to like about one of the youngest teams in the nhl team that will have a top 6 containing some of Canada's most talented rookies, excluding petty rivalry of course...

I apologize though, I didn't know that you are only allowed to show interest in the one team you cheer for and you must hate everyone else.

As for calling Edmonton fans annoying... take a look in your own backyard. You will find some of the most annoying fans in the NHL

I spend a lot of time in Edmonton, and have since the old WHL days, when my in-laws had season tickets .. only two teams I hate are Bruins and Hawks .. I follow most teams very closely, and really find it hard NOT to cheer for the Jets .. their fans really impress me with their passion .. apologies if my sense of humor sometimes comes across as being snide .. :rolleyes:

I think it warrants an apology.

Edmonton's been a terrible team for years now and has the 1st overall pick 3 years in a row. Kicking someone when they're down is never a classy thing to do. They know they suck and there's no reason to rub it in especially when you're #1 in the league for two years in a row.

Just imagine if Billy Ranford made that comment about the Canucks in the 80's when he was a backup to Fuhr on a Dynasty Oilers team. Cory made a mistake and he's being respectful by recognizing that he did.

EDIT: and even if it doesn't warrant an apology, it's still the classy thing to apologize as it may have offended some people. It never hurt anybody to say sorry.

People say bad things about the Canucks all the time, and they aren't forced to apologize. He wasn't attacking Edmonton in any way, only pointing out how the reason they aren't hated like the Canucks is they are among the lowest in the standings.

If someone said that about the Canucks if we were in that position I wouldn't be offended. If our team played like them, are fanbase would go rabid angry on them anyways, saying way harsher things than pointing out their position in the standings.

So people in Canada would rather have an american team with the cup than the Canucks ? Are you kidding me!!!!!!?????? What the hell is wrong with people ? Every year the Canucks are knocked off i pray that there's still a Canadian team to cheer for in the playoffs. There rarely is but i still cheer for any Canadian team than an American team. Now i know whats wrong with this world, people are just screwed up !

I thoroughly dislike Edmonton as a city! There might be some nice people there, but the nasty people overshadow them. It truely is ugly. I don't care what someone says about me for saying so. Not every city is going to be perfect, but Edmonton has a lot to learn! Screw the media for blowing things out of proportion!

Archived