The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Are You A Canucks Fan?

tjolsen

For a couple of reasons:

1. Born in Vancouver so I gotta rep the home team

2. Family cheered for the boys ever since I could remember

3. Alex Moginly and especially Markus Naslund & the WCE really made me love this team

edit: lol I like that boots to assess shirt #teambringit

I'm not really a 'Nucks fan... but they used to have a player that I liked (Naslund) and I've always like Jordan Schoeder (watched him play high school hockey in MN.) And I'm here... because someone locked the door behind me and I can't get out :frantic::P

I basically just fell in love with them after the 94 series. I was very young then so it's just tidbits I remember live, although I've seen most of it on tape later on.

Like a lot of fans, it was the Linden/Bure thing that got me attracted. Then later on the WCE came in, and they really deserved a better fate than they got.

Kesler was drafted, and I've watched him since he was in college. THe twins I can't say enough about either.

Mattias Ohlund was my favourite D for a long time, and I see many bright spots on Edler. He's already elite and I think he still has potential.

When you hear the story of a guy like Burrows and how he got to the NHL, it's pure motivation for me to live my life.

Coming from out of nowhere and almost quitting, to making it on a 1st line in the #1 league.

The biggest reason is it's the local team of course but I also took drum lessons from legend Jim Robson's son and I met Darcy Rota when I was a little kid.

I used to like the Bruins as well when I was young because of Bobby Orr and later Cam Neely but they were always 2nd and those days are loooooong gone now.

Archived