The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pgt Nux 3-1 Lak

Jaimito

Good game by the boys! Schneider was amazing and really helped to keep the team's faith up in a weak first period. I was quite positive going into the game and then was preparing for the worst after the first period. Then the team woke up and got the much needed win.

Great effort by the team and we even got the powerplay clicking. Delighted that Edler scored and had an improved game tonight.

I am, however, concerned by the poor passing and puck handling they showed in the very late portion of the third period. Even though you've got your insurance goal, you don't ever let up like that. The Kings are very good at capitalizing on our mistakes and we can't make simple mistakes like that. If they can avoid doing that, I like our chances going forward.

Keep up the good work, boys! The seed of doubt has been planted in the Kings and will continue to grow in the days before game 5.

To all those saying before the game that starting Schneider was a big mistake, it seemed like the right move to me. Schneider absolutely shut the door and made some key saves early and some big saves on the PK and kept us in it. Then with the presence of Daniel on the PP, man did it look different. This seems like a complete different team now with Daniel back, everybody can go back to playing their comfortable roles and we're not going to go away easily.

I still believe till the very end!

I hope this will give them some confidence back. Now they know, yes they can score on Quick, yes they can score on the powerplay, yes they can beat the Kings. Did you see Henrik's reaction after his goal? I think they may get a bit of their swagger back now. Take Game 5 at home, then go back to LA and force Game 7. It has been done before and can be done again.

We all expected Daniel to have a great impact today, but I would've never thought that he'd be on for all the Canucks goals. Henrik looked very much effective once again with his brother back. I also love the shot Henrik took at Brown after Brown was monkeying around with Daniel. It's nice to see them stand up for each other.

Ballard simply looked like the man we paid 4.2 million for. His tape to tape passes were accurate, he also seemed to be in the right position and was getting into some rough stuff too. Hamhuis as well had another stellar night.

Schneider was simply stellar.. He was a huge part to this win, and there's no way AV doesn't put him in net on Sunday. It looks like he'll be taking over the series from here. He did his part when he stopped that PS in the middle of da turd. Without that, we could've been swept possibly.

Optimistic feelings are back.

Positives about todays game (save for the first period): Powerplay clicking (so much confidence, the passing was beautiful), Ballard/Tanev pairing, less penalties, no shorthanded goals against, SEDINS (!!!!!!!), momentum, and 4 days off.

I'm cautiously optimistic. 3 more games, you guys. But, with this team that played today, its evident that LA is beatable, QUICK is beatable.

Sunday, guys, Sunday!

Craig Simpson couldnt stop talking about the negatives when the Canucks were down 1-0 in the first period, then the Canucks score and Hughson couldnt get a word out of him. lol

Then when Daniel? makes alittle soft shove on Brown's head, he suggested that might get looked at as a headshot LMAO! why dont he just admit he hates the Canucks already :lol:

1st wasn't great but Schneids kept us in it! Raymond HAS to be scratched next game, no doubt. Ballard played great, Booth was finding the right spots, and the SEDINS!...I almost forgot what the two of them were like together: the foundation of this team!

Like another poster said above, Cory Schneider is the real deal. He was phenomenal tonight in saving 43 of 44 shots and did exactly what the team needs: match Jonathan Quick save for save. When Luongo was in, he didn't necessarily play bad at all, but he couldn't do what Schneider is doing, which is stealing games and matching, or even outplaying, the Vezina candidate on the other side.

Although having Daniel back in the lineup is a positive thing, period, his impact was felt most on the PP. The PP is night and day with and without him and it was simply on another level tonight. It's no coincidence the Canucks scored their first 2 PP goals of the series on their first 2 opportunities tonight. Daniel was a difference maker, which is really no surprise as he's a freaking Art Ross and Ted Lindsay trophy winning player. It was also great to see Hank get his first goal of the series. He looked pumped!

All in all, the story of the game was the Sedins and Schneider, but the team in general played much better. They played solid team defense and raised the level of their game in the offensive zone, including passing and protecting the puck better. That all being said, I'm going to continue with the mindset that this win was a bonus. I'm not saying I don't believe in this team, but history suggests this series is a loss for the Canucks. I simply don't want to have my hopes shattered so, while I'm enjoying a higher level of optimism, I'm still keeping things in perspective. Just glad we didn't get swept.

Archived