The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

"tsn Turning Point" ..... Penalty Shot.... "save Schneider!"

Hogs & Podz

Ok the bolded paragraphs confuse the hell out of me. Schneiders record is way above .500 in the regular season & has played 29 games this year, I don't recall him getting blown out once this past season, he also played some big games for us against tough teams. Haha I would not say Schneider has been protected start wise at all. Every game Schneider played in he played spectacular, i don't think he's ever been "blown out" in Vancouver or even pulled from the net for that matter. (correct me if I'm wrong)

So please tell me where you got this from unless i'm missing something... haha I just don't know where this came from

Turning point for me was when the Canucks turned the puck over in their own end with like 4-5 seconds left in the the 1st and Schneids made 2 really tough saves. There has been so many times when Lu has let that late goal in and the team goes into the dressing room down, but for a change they went in with that,,wow,,thanks Schneids,,you really kept us in there feeling and they came out in the 2nd better than the 1st by a mile. If L.A scored in the last couple seconds of the first nobody would have blamed Schneids because was such a poor play by the D and was a great quality scoring chance and all the blame would have went to the D.

Anyone that thinks we played so well last night is out of their minds. We gave up the most shots of any games in the series,,and gave up countless quality scoring chances,,and thank god blocked quite a few that didn't get counted as shots. We played much better in game 2 than last night, and the only difference was Lu played ok in game 2, and Schneider played like an elite goaltender last night.

One thing about sports is always the guessing of what may have happened, but to think Schneids would have allowed 4 goals on 26 shots in game 2 is almost nill because my guess is they would have likely scored 1 and we wouild have won. L.A scored twice in 64 shots on Cory so to think they would have got more than 2 on 26 does not seem likely.

i thought i would never say this..... Lou is done as a canuck.. he might play a few more games in the playoffs if we reverse the sweep....but, unless schieder plays EXTREMELY HORRIBLE and lou plays the best games of his life, he will leave the nucks organization in the off-season

We don't know how the series will turn out, so we don't know how important the save will turn out to be.

I also remember a few years ago against the Kings the Canucks were down 2-1 in the series and LA was winning 3-2 in game 4. Lu made a great save on a breakaway by Alex Frolov, and it rallied the team. We went on to win the series and that save was the turning point of the game and the series. So you see, Luongo has made big saves too.

I think people are reading too much into this, frankly.

We have two excellent goaltenders. Although both have played well in the 4 games so far, for whatever reason, the team seems to be playing better in front of Schneider. It's entirely possible that Lou could slot in and stand on his head, but if you're AV, you can't take that chance. Schneids is likely in until he loses, or has a bad start.

However, I don't agree with those who feel Louie's confidence has been crushed by the situation, or that he's played his last season in Vancouver. He's a professional and I think he'll be able to step in and do the job if required. If not, I believe he'll support SChneider 100%. The bottom line is that he wants to win.

All things being equal, I'd bet that MG would be happy to move Luongo and keep Schneider, but that's easier said than done. He first has to find someone willing to take on Louie's contract, then he has to get Luongo to agree to go there. No small feat.

Decent save off of Bolland on a PP in Ot game 7

Down 3-0 in the series when you have a penalty shot from the captain of the other team who has 4 goals, two of which SH Luongo let in.  He stones him and 30 seconds later we score.  And send the series home in dominate fashion.

I pick Schneider's save, you could tell in Brown's post game interview he's afraid of Schneider.

Glove save on... I forget who.. but in his first ever playoff series against Dallas.. right in front of the net.

Lasted 4 OT in a game in that series as well.. making 73 saves..or was it 72 saves..?

Glove save on Smyth when he was down on the ice.

Diving stick save on Bolland.. I think it was Bolland..

That took me less than a minute. If I spend more time and effort to find out, I'm sure I'll be able to find more.

Archived