The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Does Toronto Have That Is Worth Luongo?

Why are half of you people selling Lu short?! He is still a great goalie who can lead your team to a presidents trophy season, give you a decent run in the playoffs if the team can give him the support. I'm a huge Schneider fan and want to see him in our crease for a long long time, but if he ends up going I'd be sad to see him go but rest easy knowing we have Luongo. Thankfully the other GMs in the league will have a clue which is far more than I see in this thread.

With the market the way it is for goalies. Lots of teams are looking. And really besides Jonathan Bernier on he market there are no elite goalies out there. So luongo will fetch more than a couple players.

If varlomov gets a 1st rounder in return for him. Ben bishop get a 2nd rounder. No reason why Luo wouldnt fetch a phaneuf/scheen calibre player there first rounder and possibly a bottom 6 forward/5&6 depth player.

The leafs are very high on Gardiner, as they didnt want to include him in any deals at the deadline. They also have traded their last 2 first round picks and have missed out on Seguin and D Hamilton. So i cant see the 5th pick or Gardiner coming back, but i can see either Schenn or Franson, which would help our top 4 d.

With the market the way it is for goalies. Lots of teams are looking. And really besides Jonathan Bernier on he market there are no elite goalies out there. So luongo will fetch more than a couple players.

If varlomov gets a 1st rounder in return for him. Ben bishop get a 2nd rounder. No reason why Luo wouldnt fetch a phaneuf/scheen calibre player there first rounder and possibly a bottom 6 forward/5&6 depth player.

Archived