The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THE OFFICIAL NHL 13 THREAD

Nail

I am having a lot of the some outcomes as Champions of Nothing. Seems difficult to adjust to this years edition and really no new features that I am really enjoying. As loyal fan who buys each year of EA's NHL video game each year, I can see myself passing on next years edition. Unless something

Good:

Really like going through the menu and it's sleek design. The new additions to the graphics and the commentary is a nice change (still would like to see more). Also like how EA cut down on the amount of time between the whistle and the upcoming faceoff, saves a lot of time. I like the layout of the potential meter for each prospect. The stars and potential ability of the prospects seems much more effective then a letter grade.

Bad:

Really haven't enjoyed the gameplay at all. Honestly it feels like a step back from NHL 12. Skating, EA's pride of NHL 13, is not an improvement at all and it seems like others are finding the same. Difficult to turn and the CPU can blow right around my defenceman. Heading into the offensive zone I cannot skate near the defender without getting the puck taken right off my stick, similar to what Champions of Nothing was talking about above. I know there overalls seem a bit off in every NHL game, but this year it seems like some NHLers are rated 70-75. Just played with Winnipeg so far (for Be A GM) and a guy like Jim Slater is rated 73, but in real life he a key peice to the Jets bottom six and evenplay in the WC for team USA. I haven't played that much NHL 13, but my initial thoughts about the player ratings are not good. Hoping for a roster update soon!

What I would add:

Playoff beards would be awesome! It would be cool when you create your player that you have the option of the playoff beard, Sidney Crosby beard, or a Shea Weber beard (or none at all). Not sure if they have the rights to but a WJC would be a neat option for Be A Pro or even to play with prospects in Be A GM.

Overall thoughts:

Seems like EA is running out of things to add to each game and the things that were added I haven't been impressed with this years changes. I still have to try out some of the online gameplay and the GM connected mode, but my expirence with the gameplay, Be A Pro, and Be A GM that I have played isn't great. If nothing seems attractive next years game, I don't see myself spending $60 on NHL 14.

I don't know what everyone is going on about - the skating is awesome. Ten times more realistic skating than NHL12.

Of course, it's harder. You have to respect your opponents speed. Especially if, as a D-man, you are skating backwards. It takes some adjusting to. It's probably the biggest fundamental shift in gameplay since the introduction of the skillstick, so an adjustment period should be expected.

I am having a lot of the some outcomes as Champions of Nothing. Seems difficult to adjust to this years edition and really no new features that I am really enjoying. As loyal fan who buys each year of EA's NHL video game each year, I can see myself passing on next years edition. Unless something

Good:

Really like going through the menu and it's sleek design. The new additions to the graphics and the commentary is a nice change (still would like to see more). Also like how EA cut down on the amount of time between the whistle and the upcoming faceoff, saves a lot of time. I like the layout of the potential meter for each prospect. The stars and potential ability of the prospects seems much more effective then a letter grade.

Bad:

Really haven't enjoyed the gameplay at all. Honestly it feels like a step back from NHL 12. Skating, EA's pride of NHL 13, is not an improvement at all and it seems like others are finding the same. Difficult to turn and the CPU can blow right around my defenceman. Heading into the offensive zone I cannot skate near the defender without getting the puck taken right off my stick, similar to what Champions of Nothing was talking about above. I know there overalls seem a bit off in every NHL game, but this year it seems like some NHLers are rated 70-75. Just played with Winnipeg so far (for Be A GM) and a guy like Jim Slater is rated 73, but in real life he a key peice to the Jets bottom six and evenplay in the WC for team USA. I haven't played that much NHL 13, but my initial thoughts about the player ratings are not good. Hoping for a roster update soon!

What I would add:

Playoff beards would be awesome! It would be cool when you create your player that you have the option of the playoff beard, Sidney Crosby beard, or a Shea Weber beard (or none at all). Not sure if they have the rights to but a WJC would be a neat option for Be A Pro or even to play with prospects in Be A GM.

Overall thoughts:

Seems like EA is running out of things to add to each game and the things that were added I haven't been impressed with this years changes. I still have to try out some of the online gameplay and the GM connected mode, but my expirence with the gameplay, Be A Pro, and Be A GM that I have played isn't great. If nothing seems attractive next years game, I don't see myself spending $60 on NHL 14.

I don't know what everyone is going on about - the skating is awesome. Ten times more realistic skating than NHL12.

Of course, it's harder. You have to respect your opponents speed. Especially if, as a D-man, you are skating backwards. It takes some adjusting to. It's probably the biggest fundamental shift in gameplay since the introduction of the skillstick, so an adjustment period should be expected.

Good:

Bad:

What I would add:

Overall thoughts:

Archived