The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is It Time To Be Fair To The Sedins.

Bodee

It seems, according to many on here that the Sedins have 2 maybe 3 good years at the top. I'm not sure I totally agree with that but if that is the case is it now time to get them a partner who will not only take the strain off their over relied on points production but a partner who will make a physical impact in front of the net and who will "persuade" defenders from molesting the twins?

I see Kassian in this role but unfortunately not for 2 or 3 years.

Some say Booth but I don't think he has enough awareness of what is happening around him and although physical, certainly not intimidating.

A word here for Burr. I think he is a great player, he was outstanding in last year's run but I don't think it's fair to expect him to fulfil the role I'm talking about. There is no doubts about his bravery but he just doesn't carry the physical presence.

I think it is time to go for Perry or prise Iginla from Calgary. Another player who would thrive with the Sedins and provide the protection and points imo would be David Backes.

This would allow Burr to drop down and operate with Kes and Booth.

A third line of Higgins Manny and Hansen

A bottom line of Lapierre Pahlsson and Kassian.

My questions are could we make this happen and if not with the players suggested then who?

Edit Pahlsson / Manny / Volpatti

I think the days of 'protection' are long gone when we are talking about star players. The new NHL is every man for himself and they just have to stick up for themselves. I still think Daniel should have turned around and dropped Marchand in last years final. Look around the league, no one is immune to the hits.

I think the days of 'protection' are long gone when we are talking about star players. The new NHL is every man for himself and they just have to stick up for themselves. I still think Daniel should have turned around and dropped Marchand in last years final. Look around the league, no one is immune to the hits.

I don't necessarily think he meant just a big body presence to play with the twins. I think he just means a star-calibre player with a big body and soft hands that can make them THE most dangerous line in hockey.

There is no denying that Sedin Sedin Burrows is an amazing first line. But while back to back Art Ross players playing with an un-drafted 188lb Cinderella story winger is nice, and it has worked well with that player being the clutch Burrows. The Sedins DONT have another 15 years of being elite players. They have had good line mates, but it is about time for them to have a few years with a GREAT line mate.

I love Burr and want him to retire a Canuck more than I want Kesler or Bieksa to retire a Canuck, but I also want the Sedins to get one more shot at being the most dangerous line in hockey. Burr can do everything else.

Sedins deserve our outmost respect and Gillis needs to understand they need more room on the ice, especially come playoff time.They were our best players against the Kings. A player like David Clarkson, somebody that can dish out hits and play a top 6 role, would be ideal and would come cheaper then somebody like David Backes or Corey Perry. Although, if the ducks are in need of a goaltender ( Hiller not being able to step-up like last season ) Luongo for Perry or something of that rather could work out.

I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing. I'm not talking about an enforcer, I'm really meaning someone to "attract" the heat by his physical threat.

At present the opposition defence goes out to intimidate the Sedins (to their credit they take it, however they have little push back) If you put someone up in front of the net who is physically intimidating the opposition would't have time to bother the Sedins, leaving them to work their magic.

The players I am talking about ar a couple of levels above the likes of Chris Neil in that they would have a high scoring threat.

I'm with you on it but after thinking about Crosby and what he goes through... i don't think it matters anymore who you play with. In big games there is an effort to whack the best players and stars regardless. The game has changed i think and wonder if a guy like Sakic would still be as successful today?

You guys don't give Kassian a chance, unbelievable. KASSIAN should be playing with the Sedins, he's the missing piece! How much more clear does it get, give him a few GAMES, not a few SHIFTS with the Sedins, he's way better then Bitz and look what happened when Vigneault put him with the Sedins, Kassian has a better skill set, and he's a complementary piece in a big power forward with great hands, good speed, big body, to stick up for, and complement two of the best finesse players and in my mind the best in the world, Kassian, Sedin, Sedin, has the potential to be the best line in the NHL, you have to give it a few GAMES though, not a few SHIFTS.

You guys don't give Kassian a chance, unbelievable. KASSIAN should be playing with the Sedins, he's the missing piece! How much more clear does it get, give him a few GAMES, not a few SHIFTS with the Sedins, he's way better then Bitz and look what happened when Vigneault put him with the Sedins, Kassian has a better skill set, and he's a complementary piece in a big power forward with great hands, good speed, big body, to stick up for, and complement two of the best finesse players and in my mind the best in the world, Kassian, Sedin, Sedin, has the potential to be the best line in the NHL, you have to give it a few GAMES though, not a few SHIFTS.

Archived