The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hmm Ok.. Maybe We Were Not That Bad. Kings Swept St.louis..

alexkidd

After Daniel came back we were pretty even with the Kings. If Daniel was back for game one it probably would have been a 7 game series. Now that the Kings have swept the Blues I feel better about the Canucks. Kings are on a tear and are proving to be way better than everyone thought. Next season should be good for us. Rested and ready for revenge!

After Daniel came back we were pretty even with the Kings. If Daniel was back for game one it probably would have been a 7 game series. Now that the Kings have swept the Blues I feel better about the Canucks. Kings are on a tear and are proving to be way better than everyone thought. Next season should be good for us. Rested and ready for revenge!

LA is playing really hard and with a lot of confidence. You gotta give them credit, but the Canucks still underachieved. Having Daniel around for the whole series would've helped, but the team never looked in sync. Too many mental errors and not enough effort.

LA is playing really hard and with a lot of confidence. You gotta give them credit, but the Canucks still underachieved. Having Daniel around for the whole series would've helped, but the team never looked in sync. Too many mental errors and not enough effort.

It was never an issue of being "that bad". President's Trophy, remember. It is/was a question of being the best. That's what you have to be to win it all. Are we really giving ourselves the chance to be the best with all of the pieces we have?

I think we're only a few pieces away:

1) coaching staff (possibly in the works); 2)starting goalie (almost certainly in the works);3)all-star d man (a trade of #2 could bring this back); 4)all-star power forward/sniper/playmaker (a trade of #2 could bring this back, too). Put those pieces in place, and we are the best.

I know it seems like "Oh, all we need is a new coach, trade Luongo and get Kopitarz and Duncan Keith? Why didn't you say so?", but it's not as much of a pipe dream as it looks, and those pieces are all within grasp. We just need MG to have the balls to make the moves/difficult decisions.

Tomorrow could bring a lot of answers.

Archived