The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

To Anaheim:

Booth, Edler, 2nd

To Vancouver:

Ryan, Sbisa, Parros

What do you guys think of that trade? Canucks get that winger we always wanted for Kesler, a good young defencemen, and a tough guy. Anaheim gets what they need, a proven offensive defencmen who hits, puts up 50 points and can help their PP. Add in David Booth to potentially replace Ryan.

However, I think Canucks only do this if they know they can sign Suter. Then, sign Parise (hopefully).

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Parise-Kesler-Ryan

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

Parros-Malhotra-Kassian

Suter-Schenn (Luongo trade)

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Sbisa-Tanev

Schenider

Overpayment or undepayment?

Good joke lol (No offense..)

..people here undervalue Edler waaaayyyy too much...his value is worth more than Ryan's and he is a soon to be - currently very close to - elite d-man.

MG wouldn't trade Edler for Ryan alone, that'd be a big loss for us compared to Anaheim and I'd expect Ryan+ tbh

ryan has more value then edler from what ive heard from tsn and other networks but you never know...

ryan is right up there in my favs...i would be full of joy if the canucks number 9 jersey had the name "ryan" on the back

you need this kinda skill to break a game wide open......how badly could we have used a bobby ryan game breaking goal in the series against the kings??? he can create chances by himself and you need that kinda skill to go all the way

With Edler's contract expiring, I wouldn't mind the trade. We have too many LH defensemen, and trading one for a RH winger will help the team. It's tough finding a big winger with skill (even though Booth is supposed to be that guy).

As for the UFA situation, I think a team can only land one big UFA realistically speaking.

This would not go down well for the Ducks. Bobby Ryan is a proven 1st liner and Booth could not replace his production. No offence to Booth, he is good by all means, however not for Ryan. As for Sbisa; Bob Murray would not trade a rising star, especially a D. Both are left handed anyway and the Canucks have plenty of those already. Edler would definitely be an improvement short term, but Anaheim would be wise to keep Sbisa for a better long term investment. Sbisa also has less of a cap hit and the Ducks need as much cap room as possible to re-sign Perry and Getzlaf next season.

If i were to make a re-proposal:

To Anaheim: Edler & Booth

To Vancouver: Ryan & 4th round pick

Both teams get elite players. Ryan would be a massive upgrade on the wing and Edler would be a huge addition to the defense. In all honesty, if any team wanted Ryan, they would have to overpay a little bet. You wouldn't get Ryan for Edler straight up.

Good joke lol (No offense..)

..people here undervalue Edler waaaayyyy too much...his value is worth more than Ryan's and he is a soon to be - currently very close to - elite d-man.

MG wouldn't trade Edler for Ryan alone, that'd be a big loss for us compared to Anaheim and I'd expect Ryan+ tbh

Archived