The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo, Schneider Together Forever? [Province Article]

The Situation

Goaltending Situation  

244 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You guys continue to play the Schneider not proven card because he didn;t get to play as many games as Lou has. WELL....Lou never shows up in October, has mini slumps throughout the season, gets yanked once every 11 games. Guess Lou has proven he can;t handle the load either !!

Can't handle the load hes led our team two years in a row to presidents trophies it is a horrible idea to get rid of luongo until we at least see how schneider handles half the games in a season and if he doesnt want that and wants a trade we milk him for all hes got and pick up a top dman our team has been better the past two years statistically than ever before and we want to throw the goalie that led us there away thats a really greaaat idea and seriously with fans like some of you who could handle the pressure in vancouver a goalie gives us our best two seasons ever in back to back years but hell no he sucks get rid of him i mean get real

Can't handle the load hes led our team two years in a row to presidents trophies it is a horrible idea to get rid of luongo until we at least see how schneider handles half the games in a season and if he doesnt want that and wants a trade we milk him for all hes got and pick up a top dman our team has been better the past two years statistically than ever before and we want to throw the goalie that led us there away thats a really greaaat idea and seriously with fans like some of you who could handle the pressure in vancouver a goalie gives us our best two seasons ever in back to back years but hell no he sucks get rid of him i mean get real

I dont get keeping them both for next season, we might have another President's trophy year, but come playoff time, you can only play 1 goaltender at a time..

This team has 1 or 2 huge holes that needs to be filled, if trading one of them for that piece, its the best option imo.

Not at all but when i see a post like this with so many "fans" turning their backs on someone who has brought us great success just disgusts me and if you think that all the media pressure and fan base doesnt affect gillis or the way luongo and schneider act towards all of this ur just kidding yourself even if there was a way to keep our core together and keep both of them which is proven and would be great what player would even want to play here or give it 100% after all of this BS like seriously whatever happens happens but some people should show some respect for what our players have done especially luongo and wish for the best for the team which is obviously keeping both of them and if one has to move it needs to be schneider there was a reason we signed luongo to such a huge deal because we had faith in him to win us a cup and those of you who have lost that faith aren't even fans.

Most of you guys in here are an absolute joke yea lets trade the guy who brought us our first presidents trophy let alone back to back trophies the same guy who took us to game seven of the STF last year. Yea screw him lets get rid of him and throw in a young goalie who is no doubt great and will be great but is untested for a full season who knows how that will end up with all the pressure people like some of you throw at him he will crumble under the stress he will face knowing that "fans" like you are in Vancouver and the first time he screws up you will turn your back on him just like you have with luongo who has been the best goalie ever in this organization. No one can blame Lu for what happened in these playoffs our offense did next to nothing and all of you can turn ur backs on him and say to trade him like always but he had nothing to do with our early exit this year. The best thing for this team would be to try and keep both of schneids and luongo obviously i mean you can't deny facts and with both of them we have been the best team in the nhl two years running in the regular season and i do not see that changing anytime soon if we keep both of them. But if we have to trade one of them it is better for the team by far to keep luongo he is a proven veteran with years still in him and schneider hasn't played more than 30 games or so i mean be real and the return on schneider would be huge nothing near what we would get for luongo what we need is a top dman and some offensive clicking and with luongo in net and those components added there is no team in the nhl who could stop us from winning the cup

You can't win a championship with just goalies....right now both are highly maketable - Canucks could get the player boost needed to put them over the top. Keep them both - and I don't see us winning The Stanley Cup....seeing how I've been cheering for this team for 37 years now - I don't want to wait any longer. Cup or bust.

I've been wanting to see an alternating tandem for the past 2 seasons, and started 2 threads on the subject. But now it's too late. We could have seen how it worked out, and gone from there.

Schneiders in the class of Jonathan Quick, and is capable of carrying this team for the long run.

No risk, no gain. Sign Schneider, and trade Luongo.

Both goalies have earned the outright number one spot. To try to keep both would be unfair and a bit demoralizing.

I would prefer we keep Schneider and trade LU for the youth and my blood pressure, but if Cory can get us something we cannot refuse (big stud dman), I have little problem with Lu in net mentoring our up and comers

The Province must really need to sell papers if they are writing and publishing ludacris stories like this. Both goalies want to be number 1. Luongo is willing to waive his no trade clause. There is no room to keep both. Moves will be made at the draft. Case closed.

Hey Timberwolf....how does Lou merit a #1 billing with Schneids.....when he was middle of the pack all season(15th) vs Cory Schneider being #2 and #3 in SP and GAA....give yur head a shake man....Lou gave up almost 1/2 a goal more per game during the season...7 goals in 2 full games in playoffs vs Corys 4 goals in over 3 games. How does that rate equal billing ????

Archived