The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vigneault’S ‘Charm’ Could Split Canucks Locker-Room (The Province)

bryguy26

Funny, here I thought the biggest reason was....

Henrik: playing injured (back)

Samuelsson: out

Raymond: out

Kesler: playing injured (shoulder & hip)

Higgins: playing injured (ankle)

Malhotra: out/playing injured (eye)

Edler: playing injured (broken fingers)

Ehrhoff: playing injured (shoulder)

Hamhuis: out (hernia)

Bieksa: playing injured (knee)

Rome: out (suspended)

I don't care if your coach is God almighty. That's a mighty mountain of key injuries to overcome.

come on Baggins - stop being reasonable here - how are people supposed to blame everything on AV's alleged shortcomings if you go bringing the actual context into the discussion...

They have very convenient memories as well. I love this part which I see parroted here all the time.....

"just as Cody Hodgson and his camp were not amused when Dr. Vigneault essentially suggested the player had no significant health problems but was using them as an excuse for a poor performance in his first camp. Later examinations found the back problem and once it was fixed Hodgson eventually became a productive member of the team"

Now the media was all over Hodgson from prospect camp right through the preseason. Cody's comments about his back went like this....

Prospect camp: Back feels fine.

Regular camp: No problem, feels good.

Preseason: It's good, no problems at all

Cut from team: Oh, my back!

What is AV supposed to think? It sure sounded like he was making an excuse at the time. Of course Cody had well over a million reason$ to lie about how his back was throughout that time while trying to make the team. Perhaps the whole process would have been sped up had he been honest in the first place about how his back was.

You guys should stop hating on TG, he's clearly gravely ill. When he's on sportsnet it looks like he's going to fall over any second and when he writes it shows whatever meds he's on is making him delusional. We need to be sending positive vibes his way not this negative crap.

Funny, here I thought the biggest reason was....

Henrik: playing injured (back)

Samuelsson: out

Raymond: out

Kesler: playing injured (shoulder & hip)

Higgins: playing injured (ankle)

Malhotra: out/playing injured (eye)

Edler: playing injured (broken fingers)

Ehrhoff: playing injured (shoulder)

Hamhuis: out (hernia)

Bieksa: playing injured (knee)

Rome: out (suspended)

I don't care if your coach is God almighty. That's a mighty mountain of key injuries to overcome.

There were no injuries on the Boston side?

benefit of the doubt answer:

His real answer is that he thinks Kesler could have played through it, and that is probably what Kesler said at the time. The production was low, I'll bet he didn't want to start talking about how Kesler doesn't have wingers to play with who can produce, which is probably what he was thinking. So he obfuscated as best he could but it didn't work. Bet that he has talked to Kesler since to clear the air. Truth is Kesler could have contributed lots of points anyways if he had anyone to play with. IE. Put a legit top-6 winger with him, and see what happens.

Booth was a failure last year. Showed signs of potential for fairly significant stretches, but instead of breaking through at the end of the stretches he either tailed off or got injured. Kind of like Ballard. (We need these 2 to be a lot better to have a chance next year! Especially as we are stuck with them!)

And Raymond was dismal. Didn't even show signs of breaking through. The team just isn't going to win with someone like that taking up a top-6 spot. Whatever happened to playing-time by merit? If he was injured, let him get his game back on the 4th line or at practice until he can play at a level where he makes a real contribution. (ie. keep him bottom 6 if all he does is defend, er, whatever he was doing on that goal against la... ya)

I still feel the AMEX line could have worked if they had stuck with it. It WAS WORKING for a few weeks there, it is really weird how they never gave them another chance.

But give Kesler 2 players who can score 20-25 goals and 30-40 assists and you've got something.

As far as TG: He has good opinions most of the time, no doubt that AV needs PR coaching of some kind.

I'm not really sure why everyone keeps insisting the turning point in the Boston series was leaving Luongo in for all of those goals. First, do you guys remember how many defensive blunders the team made in game 4? I think every goal in the game except for 1 was directly tied to a big mistake defensively, I'm not sure how you could pin them on Luongo (if you believe leaving him in for all of those goals caused his play).

Second, the team took a 3-2 lead after game 5. If game 3 was the turning point it doesn't really make much sense because they still managed to take a lead. Usually, a turning point means the team has entirely lost control, think back to the Mats Sundin season when the Canucks blew the 1-0 lead late against Chicago and lost that game in OT. They never recovered from that.

It seems for the past few years the Province Sports only creates non-exsistant contraversy when covering the Canucks. I understand the newspaper business is not generating the same type of revenues as years before, but you will eventually lose all credability with the public after a while. When these same reportes talk in television interviews they do not say the same thing as their written articles in the paper the next day.

Ever since the Stanley Cup run I've been unimpressed with the Vancouver media. I understand they have a job to do. And there is an insatiable lust for ink on the Canucks. But, they yank the uninformed masses around by their impressionable noses.

There was a time when the Province was a must read for me. Now I check the Sun first, and even they write mostly knee-jerk, re-hashed baloney. If it weren't for Pass it to Bulis there might not be anything worth reading.

That said. The Province and Sun guys do have press credentials and a modicum of insider knowledge. It is hard to know what is true and what is supposition.

The main problem is...and it's scary...Tony Gallagher has been right before!

AAAAaaaaaaaa!!!!!

AV is a terrible coach and we win games despite of him. He had Bryron Richie playing the point on the PP for us for an entire season. Bryron Ritchie!!! No coach with a brain would do that. He was crap back than and he is still crap now. And yes the turning point of Stanely Cup finals was AV being a moron and not pulling Lu in the third game and destorying the team confidence for the rest of the series. He didn't learn his lesson from game 4 of the Chicago series where his job got save by Burrows. If we run a ‘let the players take ownership’ style of coach than why even have AV? Does he run the best freakin practice drills out there? because he certaining is not motivating his team. Does he have the best strategies? maybe in the regular season but in the playoffs it seems like every team can figure us out once they do their homework on us and AV is known to be slow to adjust. All I see is a coach that gets in the way by making head stratching moves such overplaying Raymond on the top 6, playing Rome, saying stupid shHt about his own players, playing favorites to undeserving players, over playing Pahlsson and getting destoryed by Kopiters line with his stupid line matching in this year's series, refusing give our recent prospects and chance and running them out of town.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjm7xqlCQYc&feature=g-u-u

Ever since the Stanley Cup run I've been unimpressed with the Vancouver media. I understand they have a job to do. And there is an insatiable lust for ink on the Canucks. But, they yank the uninformed masses around by their impressionable noses.

There was a time when the Province was a must read for me. Now I check the Sun first, and even they write mostly knee-jerk, re-hashed baloney. If it weren't for Pass it to Bulis there might not be anything worth reading.

That said. The Province and Sun guys do have press credentials and a modicum of insider knowledge. It is hard to know what is true and what is supposition.

The main problem is...and it's scary...Tony Gallagher has been right before!

AAAAaaaaaaaa!!!!!

I deplore the way AV coaches. Professional sports should be a meritocracy, but with V. he plays his favorites no matter how good or bad they're playing. They always get the same minutes and get the same perks. Players find this very frustrating and resent it, whether they say so publicly or not. (The perfect example is the power play lineup.)

- for the life of me I can't think of one single positive attribute V. brings to the table.

I swear every year AV is making mistakes and then everyone is like oh he made a mistake or 2, but he is learning from his mistakes and it will make him a better coach for next year. The fact that this is happening every year is unacceptable, if this coach is still learning every year from his mistakes, means he's not as good of a coach that everyone thinks he is. Yes him learning from his mistakes makes him a better coach down the road, but it shouldn't be happening every year, and this team needs a coach who has been through all those mistakes before, and have already learned from those mistakes to take this team to the cup.

Guest Dasein

If I was working in a restaurant and Tony came in, I'd piss in his soup.

The most useless POS on this planet.

AV's playoff coaching success:

1st year - Loss in second round

2nd year - No playoffs

3rd year - loss in second round (had to come down from 3-1 to win the 1st round then blow it against the 'Hawks

4th year - collapse against the hawks again after dominating first round 4 - 0

5th year - almost collapsed in the first round (1 goal away from making history) then completely get blown out on the road against the Bruins and loss game 7 on home ice

6th year - 1st round loss.

2 wins in the last 10 playoff games.

Archived