The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which of these trophies have you touched/seen in person?

ChrisCo!

I've touched the stanley cup, touched an olympic medal from 2010 and i went to the grey cup game last year which the lions won. I refuse to go to any player's "day with the cup parade" if they bring it to metro vancouver cuz they're from there, because the only stanley cup parade i will go to, is a canucks one.

Back in the day Hospitals used to train their own nursing staff. My Mom learned her trade at Hamilton General Hospital. She was working the hospital when the Leafs won back in the Original Six era. So the Leafs players being the slick guys that they were brought the Cup in and gladly let the nurses drink champagne from it. So my Mom drank from the cup (I'm assuming this was from 1951 not long before she moved to BC). Too bad it didn't pass on any Stanley Cup worthy skills to me :).

Then again it was the Leafs... ;)

I've been to the Hockey Hall of Fame so I've been close to the cup but I didn't touch it. (I'm not sure if it's THE cup. But it was late summer so I wasn't sure)

My friend's ex fiance was friends with the guy who takes care of the cup (forgot his name at the moment). He owed her a favor so he brouhgt the cup to her house, there was like a hundred people there and my brother and I had the once in a lifetime chance to hold the cup up. It was awesome!

Ive touched/kissed the stanley cup and lifted the Memorial Cup over my head (man that thing is heavy). Marc Habscheid had to grab it from me from behind haha. I have also sat in Carter Rycrofts lap, (curling) while he showed me his silver medal...

Ive seen the other cups at the Hockey Hall of fame...but does that count?

Archived