The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] McKenzie: "I don't think Toronto are high on Bernier"

I don't get all the Schenn hate. I think he would be the perfect partner for Edler. Big and strong, good defensively (as good as you can be on Toronto) and RHS. Plus he's much cheaper than Weber and still has a lot of room to grow as he's only 22. It would also give us more options on the back end, saying putting him with Hammer together to form a pretty good shutdown unit. Additionally, being on the same team as Hammer would be a big boost for him, as he can learn from one of the most underrated (imo) dman in the league.

Your fn nuts if you don't think his wife would allow a trade there. It was his favorite team growin up. They are gonna be a powerhouse in the next three years for a long time to come. This is the perfect time for him to be getting in. With him in net and yakupov, hall, nuge, eberle, hemsky, pajarvvi, gagner up front they will dominate.

It wouldn't matter because Lombardi has made it pretty clear he has no intention of moving Bernier.

I'd say Florida are the front runners for Luongo -

1 - they have far more attractive young assets and can afford to part with a few

2 - they don't have a stubborn, lowballing GM

3 - most likely Luongo would prefer to go there

4 - their starter Theodore has only a year left at 1.5 cap hit

5 - their prospect Markstrom is only 22 and injury prone

6 - the Leafs suck and should continue to.

Guest Dasein

MG: Hey Dale, How's our farm team doing?

DT: Well, you know same ol'

MG: You know we're trying to trade Roberto eh?

DT: Yeah I saw, those Leafs, I wanna see some more waffle throwing.

MG: You know what I want to make a hockey trade.

DT: Definitely makes sense, plus I would love to see Burkie look like he did when Brayden got drafted before he did and he was stuck with Kadri.

MG: I agree.

DT: Well whatever you want MG, Howden, 1st, rights to Garrision sound good to you?

MG: For Luongo? Yeah done.

There is a Pierre Lebrun column on espn.com that says he believes that Florida is one of the teams in on Lu, but he thinks that the Canucks would need to take on a contract in return to help Florida. The only one I can imagine he is talking about is Campbell.

His contract is a disaster, but he is a fantastic puck mover (something we need) and he did sign it at an age that if he retires it does not remain on the cap.

I know most are going to disagree exceedingly, but if we could move Raymond along with Lu so salaries match up nearly identically, I would consider it.

Guest Dasein

Why would they give up Gudbranson, clearly a piece along with Kulikov, they plan to build their backend around for years to come?!?!

Toronto doesn't value getting into the playoffs enough. I say we keep both goalies and wait for the fail!

Van 1st + Luongo + Prospect for Tor 1st + Schenn/Franson

If that doesn't work.. Schneider + prospect to Columbus for the second sounds better

Archived