The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks draft Brendan Gaunce at 26th Overall

Southpop45

Can't get a sniper allstar know a days unless you have a terrible team. Edmonton will have a good team in 2-3 years cause they sucked for so long and got great talent through high draft picks. I can wait awhile longer before we get the first pick in the draft.

Maybe as a bit of a tribute to the guy that wore number 12 and has been with the organization since he was drafted. Perhaps because it is the first time a retired number has ever been given out by the Canucks at a draft. Your panties seem to be wound way to tight.

Good point, but centres have to be the most responsible defensively for the most part. Kesler, and Hossa (I know he's not a centre) get Selke buzz because they can get back quickly to the defensive zone. Just my opinion.

We won't be drafting first any time soon, so don't hold your breath. As for the Oilers, all those young guys will get VERY expensive soon. They better hurry up or they'll be the Hawks without the success.

The only problem is we don't really have any sniper or pure skill guys in the farm. Kassian, Jensen and Gaunce are great, but to me they're all power forward type players. Where are our future playmakers and snipers?

Archived