The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks draft Brendan Gaunce at 26th Overall

Southpop45

He had to, he was never gonna be given the chance. The only 2 games he played, he was the best canuck on the ice and he had a one way ticket to Manitoba...why? because he was keeping the seat warm for Mason Raymond. Sergei would've scored 5 goals that game and he wouldn't even get a sniff on the same minutes Raymond was.

Yes cause people without hindsight chose the better options at the time. How dare they not look into the future and choose to pick someone who showed up at camp out of shape instead of someone who just had a 25 goal season. Those stupid people. I can't wait till three years later so I can tell them all the mistakes they made now so I can look like I'm smart and have great knowledge on how to run a team.

What about this season and the season before? Frankly we give Mason Raymond every chance to succeed and hes failed. Sorry but less than 15 goals with the amount of minutes hes playing isn't good enough. The guy is absolute garbage. Zack Kassian can't sprout his wings unless we give him a chance too.

Remember the playoffs ..when Raymond gave a real effort on backchecking Anze Kopitar I think it was game 2, which Kopitar scored...guess what? Raymond was back on the ice again right after. Intermission, Bowness said AV put Raymond in to see if he can have a bounce back shift....Do you think Hodgson or Kassian would be afforded that chance? NO.

Thats why AV is a horrible coach. 2 presidents trophies ? big deal..nobody cares about how many of those we win. Ron Wilson has a few of those nobody gives a rats a$$

Sedins was a typo in my part but I was obviously talking about Hank, since that's what I said throughout the paragraph.

Every goal bollard scores when Hank is in the ice is his responsibility since its his man and bolland isn't even the most offensively gifted guy. Obviously henrik is one of the best players in the league at what he does, but he isn't the guy I'd trust defensively and since his hockey iq is off the charts, it has to be his speed and poor skating causing the problem.

Henrys IS an elite centre which is why I said he isn't as good as OTHER elite centers defensively. My argument is that his speed hurts his defensive game.

Why would they even bother mentioning it then...?

Gilman went out of his way to make a little speech about it... saying they've never given a retired number to another player etc etc

Yes I'm aware of what year it is :rolleyes: I just thought it was somewhat odd for him to come out and announce it on such a grand stage when he simply could have just talked to Smyl beforehand and said "hey it's just the way the draft is this year, he's just getting it for the day"...

It's not like anyone outside of Vancouver knows Smyl wore #12, nevermind that it's retired. Smells odd to me...

I don't often listen to Team 1040. But I do sometimes when I'm driving.

Blake price is an idiot, half the stuff he says leaves me shaking my head.

Today he was saying he would rather draft a boom or bust prospect in the 1st round over a sure fire NHL player.

He's like "I need someone to get excited about".

Well become an Oilers fan then Blake.

/Rant

This is why I don't listen to 1040.

No I haven't, so I was wondering why they didn't raise his jersey to the rafters... :rolleyes:

Perhaps honouring was not the right word, but they hadn't acknowledged their alumni like this in previous drafts, say '09, '10 and '11.

Archived