The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks draft Brendan Gaunce at 26th Overall

Southpop45

Brutal pick!!! Can't skate can't stick handle!!!! We just got the next Manny Malhotra!!! He's Cody's buddy and works out with Gary Roberts, I'm sure there telling him great things about our organization!!

If Gillia picks Cristavol Nieves with our 2nd pick I'll forgive him

Brutal pick!!! Can't skate can't stick handle!!!! We just got the next Manny Malhotra!!! He's Cody's buddy and works out with Gary Roberts, I'm sure there telling him great things about our organization!!

If Gillia picks Cristavol Nieves with our 2nd pick I'll forgive him

For those who think Samuelsson was a good pick, i've seen him play on the oil kings a few times and he was hardly noticable. Just a roamer most of the game. I don't know much about Gaunce but I'm sure he's a better player.

It is completely impossible to have a discussion when you change the topic post to post. First you say he is poor defensively and give an example of Bolland. (I posted an article for you fwiw) Then you ask me if I am arguing he is a great 2 way forward. This is hilariously typical of CDC, either black or white. I didn't mention ONCE that i thought he was great. I simply said your assessment shallow. Because it is.

BTW, Kesler is even for his playoff career and offensively an absolute dud. You take out the Nashville series and he has 4 goals in 46 career games.

Linky: http://vansunsportsb...din-kryptonite/

Good pickup, kind of dissappointed we didn't move up in the draft as there were some opportune times to do so. Reminds me of the kesler pick with a bit more size. If he can turn out to be half the player kesler is then this pick is a winner

Picked Alexander mallet with their 2nd rounder 81 point, 132pim 6'1 LW from Rimouski.

Missed out on Thrower by 6 picks, and Sissons by 7 :(. Sometimes I wish Gillis wasn't a pansy because I'm sure our 2nd and a 7th or 6th coulda moved us up 7 spots for one of those 2.

I guess we'll have to see if Mallet makes the NHL though...Before we can know for sure cuz guaranteed the other 2 will be there within 3 years

Picked Alexander mallet with their 2nd rounder 81 point, 132pim 6'1 LW from Rimouski.

Missed out on Thrower by 6 picks, and Sissons by 7 :(. Sometimes I wish Gillis wasn't a pansy because I'm sure our 2nd and a 7th or 6th coulda moved us up 7 spots for one of those 2.

I guess we'll have to see if Mallet makes the NHL though...Before we can know for sure cuz guaranteed the other 2 will be there within 3 years

That's a good link but I'll review the actual results rather than take them at face value when I have the actual time. I'm not going to take some random bloggers as accurate, and the results of Bolland against this team speak for themselves (One thing skewing the results may be the Sedins always get PP time against Bolland).

My argument hasn't changed. If you look at my first comment, it says Henrik are pretty terrible defensively when compared to other elite centres in the league, mainly because of their foot speed. Bolland was used as an example, and he is Hank's assignment; a better assessment of their defensive play may be Bolland's number against the Sedins. Sedins are elite centres so they will always be able to put up points. They even know their speed/skating needs work hence the video of them discussing it and rollerblading in Sweden.

Kesler gets tougher assignments than the Sedins, and has usually been hurt in the postseason.

Sedins was a typo in my part but I was obviously talking about Hank, since that's what I said throughout the paragraph.

Every goal bollard scores when Hank is in the ice is his responsibility since its his man and bolland isn't even the most offensively gifted guy. Obviously henrik is one of the best players in the league at what he does, but he isn't the guy I'd trust defensively and since his hockey iq is off the charts, it has to be his speed and poor skating causing the problem.

Henrys IS an elite centre which is why I said he isn't as good as OTHER elite centers defensively. My argument is that his speed hurts his defensive game.

So Kesler IS a good 2 way centre despite being offensively anemic but Hank is not because Bolland has scored goals? And come on man, the "Sedins" aren't centres. They really are 2 different people. Tell me how many goals has Bolland scored with Hank on the ice where it was a coverage issue?

Archived