The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks draft Brendan Gaunce at 26th Overall

Southpop45

He may very well end up with the team this year, or he may not. I believe with his size, and barring a good training camp, We could see him get his 9 games with the Canucks. I don't think he will spend the year with the Canucks unless he does get those 9 games and really shines in the process.

"“The top heart-and-soul player of this draft class, Brendan Gaunce is a player that will contribute in a number of ways at the NHL level."

Thats all I wanted to see.

+ Enrolled in Gary Robert's fitness class!! ha at least one of our prospects is there still!

Big pick. How silly would it have been if Forsberg kept dropping haha.

If you can't handle a little criticism about one of our stars, you might be the reason people hate niucks fans so much.

I'll concede. Henrik is perfect in every way and gods gift to hockey. Every time he makes a perfect pass to Danny, an angel has an orgasm.

I guess this is where this entire discussion takes a huge turn off of a cliff.

Simply looking at statistics, Gaunce appears to be the only real sexy player we've drafted. The same could be said about our second rounder then you realize he's 20 years old; good numbers but he's two-three years older than most of the draft class. I'll reserve judgment until down the road. But looking through hockeydb and some of the late round picks we could have had, and Gillis' drafting track record..

With all due respect, Henrik is career minus player in the post season, and that's when the hard line matchups occur, and we face tougher teams. Dave Bolland looks like Mario Limeux when he plays us, and that player is Henrik's responsibility when he's on the ice with him.

In the resular season, Henrik gets all the prime offensive opportunities, and rarely has to go up against the other team's top line, which inflates his +/-. Henrik does a lot of things well; getting back to his own zone when they are stripped off the puck in the offensive zone is not one of them.

You are exactly right. Both Daniel and Henrik and so good offensively that it covers up their weakness in defending. They always try to anticapte a play and they make dangerous all or nothing reads as they are not willing to simply skate back to cover the oppostion, which makes Burrows soley responsbile. The Sedins next favorite defensive play is the hook as their covers try to skate away from them.

Simply looking at statistics, Gaunce appears to be the only real sexy player we've drafted. The same could be said about our second rounder then you realize he's 20 years old; good numbers but he's two-three years older than most of the draft class. I'll reserve judgment until down the road. But looking through hockeydb and some of the late round picks we could have had, and Gillis' drafting track record..

Archived