The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eddie Lack, Offer Sheet Bait?

EvoLu7ioN

If I'm the GM of a team in need of a goaltender, I'm throwing Eddie Lack an offer sheet on July 1st. He's got vast untapped potential, all the physical tools to dominate in the NHL, and most importantly, has been developed the right way which gives him game a lot of mental stability.

$1,567,043 — $3,134,088: Second-round pick

It's a bit of a gamble, but it would only cost an opposing team a second rounder, which is worth it IMO. Throw him an offer sheet at say 2.5M for 2 years, and mention to him he has the chance to compete for the starter position. Does Vancouver really want that extra million + on the books in their window to win when the cap becomes so crucial, definitely not. I really hope Gillis has thought about this and has a plan of attack in place.

Anyone remember the last time a player who had NEVER played an NHL game was offer sheeted? It's like a car full of children just learned a new sound and can't stop making it. (BTW, there is an answer to that question)

In the spirit of being nicer, I would like to commend you on your grammar and format.

I can't see any team willing to offer sheet an AHL goalie to improve their goaltending situation. Which team? Toronto wants a veteran, TB has great young goalies in the pipeline and Lindback is farther along in development than Lack, Chicago won't replace Crawford for Lack, Florida wants a veteran to go with Markstrom... Just don't see it.

Guest AriGold

Our AHL player wont be offer Sheeted. I know the Ducks are a sour organization that Schultz walks so if he signs with us I could see them trying to throw a wrench into our team. Not sure how though.

Archived