The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dave Pratt Hosting Sportstalk on CKNW AM980 WTF?

On Friday they were roasting Neil on Rock 101, and they had Don Taylor on. You should have heard Pratt. "Donny...puhleeeze take me back!"

They both pointed out the whole poker thing was stupid. Pratt stated that it was the only blow-up hissy-fit the two had in 8 years.

Pratt may go off on dumb tangets...but it's better than listening to B-Mac go on and on about Golf. That is as bad as Pratt talking about Poker.

I listened to David Pratt recently on CKNW and wasn't that interested. He needs someone, Don Taylor was perfect, to oppose him. He can be entertaining to listen to but lacks the ability to give any level of insight into hockey (which is what I care most about). His sidekick, David Sheldon?, was just an awful yes man and I hope he has a short career in radio.

What makes good radio? Having an audience that wants to listen. This is what made Neil Mcrae so succesful in this market. He gave his "insight" unreservedly and in an entertaining manner. I don't think this is something that can be taught at BCIT. You either have it or you don't.

It was a while ago but think the plagiarism issue also hurt Pratt's reputation. Especially when his excuse was something along the lines of "it was a good line and I wanted to get out of the office before noon on a Saturday".

I saw him as a lazy and unprofessional host who developed a reputation for calling in sick because of his drinking and partying habits. How many times have we heard "so where's Pratt today"?

And quite frankly; since he brings the issue up so much, it might actually do him some good to use the bicycle lane every once in a while.

The clear impression I got is that since he has been "at it" so long, he felt a sense of entitlement whereas others did not reciprocate those same sentiments.

Not to mention that he continuously utilized a sports talk platform to bully his political beliefs on the audience and often cowardly cut people off and hung up on them when they called in to disagree with him.

But I must admit that the Jennifer Mather call will always be a classic...

• 3 weeks later...

Pratt has passion makes for interesting listening. Bmac & Taylor just doesn't cut it without Dave. I've listened to Dan Russell's show since it's inception and he's become boring, replace him with Pratt permanently.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't say 1040 has a very good line up at all actually. Unfortunately they were unwilling to continue with Pratt and as a result I have gone from an avid 1040 listener to I can't remember the last time I tuned in. This is not just because Pratt is no longer on the TEAM more to do with their entire line up is just completely boring and has no chemistry. It's nice in a way cause I am back to listening to music.

Archived