The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Avalanche sign P.A. Parenteau

it's been 4.5 hours and if you haven't noticed many of the canuck "targets" are off the market. everyone has been saying how great players like prust and pa parenteau even latendresse would be on the nucks over the past few days and we literally have signed no one. you think we're getting doan suter or pairse is garrison is worth 6.5? dream on.

Guys ripping on Gillis need to realize more than one GM are chasing these guys and these guys have preferred teams they'd play for. We're not in bad shape at all

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler (OPEN)

Higgins (OPEN) Hansen

Malhotra Lappy Kassian

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler (OPEN)

Ballard Tanev

Alberts

Schneider

Schroeder and Jensen look like they may be ready for the jump, although Jensen should be developed a bit more and Salo may still come back. Parise is said to want to stay in the East and Suter doesn't want to play in a big market, Garrison, if true, is wanting 6.5 million, the way to fix our holes may not be through FA. Canucks won't be in the headlines every July 1st or trade deadline guys and that's a good thing because it means we have few and smaller holes then the rest of the league that we don't need to over paying for guys.

i hope we are all ignorant to something being cooked up by the canucks....probably somehow related to the luongo trade....because this team needs some improvements...if it does not improve, and we get fed the lame "look, were coming of two presidents trophy seasons in a row, this isnt a team that needs to be blow up....\" line........then i dunno.

You do have to remember that as other teams sign players, they are no longer available for us to sign... so while a wait and see approach can work at times, other times you need to strike fast if you want a player or someone else will. If you take your time too long you end up with;

I don't want to see MG stand around twiddling his thumbs and end up panicking and signing whatever is left...

We saw what Booth and Kesler can do without a playmaker. That's 9.25 million dollars of SHOOTERS with nobody to pass them the puck. Common sense says you need to get them a winger who is a playmaker. 4 million per year for a guy who had 67 points, but more importantly 49 assists, is not a bad salary at all.

Investing in a playmaker could help Booth and Kesler both be 35+ goal scorers. Look at the big picture.

I WANT DOOOOOOAN!!!! $4 mil. I'll chip in $100.

We'll see how Parenteau does in Denver without Johnny T. Could be a great signing who knows. But like someone above, we've got to be realistic and realize that just because someone becomes a UFA, it does not mean we need to go after them.

did you all really want to overpay for fringe players.... was paranteau going to put van over the top...?? no.

the deal takes him to 33 years old... you think paying him 4 million at 32 and 33 is a good idea? expecially with potential 2nd line RW prospects on the horizon?

still lots of UFAs out there, lots of bs rumors floating around... wait untill the dust settles on the FA period, and the Luongo trade.... Then all you band wagoners that give Vancouver fans a bad name can cry and whine like friggin babies.

He signed him after good top 6 free agents were gone. Jagr, Leino, and others were all signed, the cupboard was pretty bare. (And I still think Leino is far better than his disaster of a season in Buffalo).

If we have another season with a guy like Raymond being the playmaker on the line with Booth and Kesler, then this free agency was a disaster.

Archived