The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brandon Dubinsky

Well I think he could be a great fit in the 3rd line center position.

I don't know alot about him, but from what I am reading and what I know here's the Pros and Cons.

Pros

- Decent Size

- Defensive Ability

- Shot Blocking/Penalty Killing

- Can Score and play Offensively

- Leadership

- Can play Center or Wing

- Can Skate

- Good on Faceoffs

- Good shot

- Fights

Cons

- Inconsistent Offensively

- Sometimes takes bad penalties

Not sure about any other Pros/Cons, just incase people know of some that I dont, he could be great on our 3rd line as I said.

What will it take to get him? Other Thoughts?

I won't pretend to be overly familiar with him, but from what I know he would be an ideal acquisition to shore up our centre position.

He is 26 - so he's just coming into his prime - and he still has upside. He struggled offensively last season, but had 24 goals and over 50 points the previous season. He won 52% of his faceoffs last year and had over 200 hits. He's big. He played in all situations last year. He averaged over 16 minutes per game, which included 1:16 SH TOI/G and 1:42 PP TOI/G.

The downside is that he makes $4.2M. That's a lot for a 3rd line centre.

Big, two-way centres are hard to come by, so the asking price for Dubinksy might be steep. Hopefully his inflated contract and low point totals from last season would drop his trade value. Anyone have any idea what the Rangers would be looking for in a trade?

I actually really like the idea of Dubinsky. If we pick up Versteeg in a Luongo deal and sign Doan and Carle we will be absolutley stacked:

Sedin - Sedin - Doan

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Dubinsky - Versteeg -----> Epic 3rd line

Kassian - Lapierre - Hansen

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Kulikov - Carle

Tanev - Connauton

Schneider

Lack

Its just not fair. Maybe Luongo, Raymond, Schroeder, 2nd for Kulikov & Versteeg (remember its for their RFA rights) then Malhotra, Sauve, Rodin for Dubinsky? Then trade Ballard for a 2nd to free up more cap space.

well im not going to sit here and pretend im pierre mcguire, but i do know that he plays with heart, grit, is a great leader, and can chip in offensively. he can also fight and is a great penalty killer. he is wildly inconsistent, can take bad penalties, and has http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_qBjo-4_Xc. however, he is the whipping boy in new york, and seems to be involved with every trade rumour with the rangers. so take that for good or bad as far as his trade value goes

Archived