The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boring Sports

What sports do find boring to watch?  

1,020 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think this has a lot to do with simply what sports teams are in your city. A lot of Americans think hockey is boring, but the ones that do have no emotional investment in a team.

For me it is basketball, specifically the NBA. Everything is so manufactured. Intentional fouls, giving half court if you call a time-out in final two minutes. Not to mention there is more commercials in the final 2 minutes of a game, than the rest of the game combined(not counting halftime).

I would say racing, but that is not a sport. If driving something was a sport there would be a ton of taxi and bus drivers in London right now who would be medal hopefuls.

Do you seriously believe driving a bus or taxi is even remotely similar to driving a race car?? The amount of concentration and focus that is required to pilot a race car is something 99% of us cannot come close to. Plus there is an enormous physical toll on the body when your are muscling that steering wheel against both positive and negative G forces constantly being applied on the body. Just one lap in a high powered race car would definitely have you singing a different tune.

I dont think i've ever watched a baseball game from start to end lol. It's a fun game to play, but watching it is like watching paint dry. honestly.. even the highlights are boring, it's either a strike, a home run or a diving catch. I hate how the players take their sweet time every pitch or at bat. Adjusting their gloves, looking at some random things in the field or chewing tabacco.

Do you seriously believe driving a bus or taxi is even remotely similar to driving a race car?? The amount of concentration and focus that is required to pilot a race car is something 99% of us cannot come close to. Plus there is an enormous physical toll on the body when your are muscling that steering wheel against both positive and negative G forces constantly being applied on the body. Just one lap in a high powered race car would definitely have you singing a different tune.

lol i was making a joke, and I don't think driving a taxi is the same F1, but driving something has been proven not to be athletic. Sitting in a sauna is extremely taxing on your body too, but does not make it a sport. IOC does not classify driving as a sport. Yes it is impressive, but no not a sport.

Yes I was in a race car when I was in Vegas, insanely impressive, but not athletic in anyway

lol i was making a joke, and I don't think driving a taxi is the same F1, but driving something has been proven not to be athletic. Sitting in a sauna is extremely taxing on your body too, but does not make it a sport. IOC does not classify driving as a sport. Yes it is impressive, but no not a sport.

Yes I was in a race car when I was in Vegas, insanely impressive, but not athletic in anyway

Some people in Canada love soccer. That's why the sport is growing. Canadian teams from minor leagues are making the MLS because more and more people are watching it. That's why BC place is almost always packed when the Whitecaps play.

I think the auto racing option needs to be split into a couple different categories. I find watching Nascar or drag racing incredibly boring and F1 as sort of middling entertainment. On the other hand, I could watch rally racing any day of the week.

Archived