The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keep the dream alive?

CanuckleHead1092

http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/Canucks+keep+Doan+dream+alive/6999963/story.html

I've also read in a different article that Doan had interest in signing with the Canucks in the past.

I really hope he signs in Vancouver, Doan is exactly what this team needs

D. Sedin / H. Sedin / Doan

Booth / Kesler / Kassian

Burrows / Malhotra / Hansen

Higgins / Lapierre / Bitz

Edler / Garrison

Hamhuis / Bieksa

Ballard / Tanev

So you have burrows on the third line and zack on the second? I hope AV is smarter then this. What the team needs is a better second line to take pressure off the first line not a stacked first with fillers on the second.

Lemme throw it down for y'all to pick it up:

To FLA-Luongo,Sauve

To VAN-Howden,Ellerby,2nd rd pick

To STL-Ballard,Ellerby, 2nd rd pick (FLA), 4th rd pick (VAN)

To VAN-Berglund, Sobotka

***Sign Doan + Colaiacovo

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Doan

Higgins-Berglund-Kassian

Sobotka-Lapierre-Hansen

Edler-Garrison

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Colaiacovo-Tanev

Schneider

Lack/Veteran*

Who's to say Kassian won't earn that spot? Burrows is a fantastic 3rd line player. Kassian has the potential to be an elite power forward. Burrows is great but if those spots work, Kassian should be in the top 6

How we can afford the cap hit of Doan? We would have to get rid of Luo for non roster players/picks. The fact that Luo controls where he goes limits our options. Now that we gave Cory a huge raise and have Luo still here we are stuck. If Phoenix needed a goalie and Luo would go then we could work something out but they dont need a goalie. My dreamer side says get it done MG but my realistic side says wake the fugg up.

How we can afford the cap hit of Doan? We would have to get rid of Luo for non roster players/picks. The fact that Luo controls where he goes limits our options. Now that we gave Cory a huge raise and have Luo still here we are stuck. If Phoenix needed a goalie and Luo would go then we could work something out but they dont need a goalie. My dreamer side says get it done MG but my realistic side says wake the fugg up.

Archived