The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Jeff Skinner - 6 yr, $34 million

5 million flat would have been more appropriate, especially with their other stars like the Staals and now Semin at such a high price.

I would definately say that Carolina now have the best, most playoff-ready top-6. Perfect mix of toughness and skill that Los Angeles and Boston used to cruise through the playoffs.

Both Staals are very tough, gritty playoff performers who both have Cup rings.

Jokinen and Rutuu are a good mix of toughness and skill, but much more even.

Semin and Skinner are purely skilled forwards.

That is a dangerous top-6 that will make some noise if they bust into the playoffs.

First off the Canes should be play-off bound and they are set for the future. With Skinner, Staal signed long term and I guarantee Erik will re-sign now that jared and Jordan are in the system. If I was Marc i would ask to get traded to the Canes in about 3 years as the NYR are still the better team for now, although they have over-rated players. Now the people trashing our top six is a little out of line. Sedin and Sedin guarantee a top 4 line in the league and Burrows is an amazing player. So our top line is one of the best. When Kesler comes back and back to form he is one of the best second line players in the league and if Booth plays like he can and Higgens continues to play well, our top six is golden. Obviously it will suck until Kesler comes back.

Archived