The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

We are going back to the AFC Championship game! WOOOOO! And this time it's in our house.

Not impressed with how relaxed the offense and defense got once they got big leads but at least the defense was able to put it away.

now that I've relaxed, I can add an edit:

First off, Brady now the most winningest playoff QB in NFL history. Also, what did Peyton Manning do in the divisional round? Throw 2 INTs and give up a huge lead. What did Aaron Rodgers do? Not a great game by his standards, 250 passing with 2 td's and a pick. What did Brady do? nearly 350 yards passing with 3 TDs and no turn overs. I'm sticking by that he is the best QB in the NFL.

Sucks that Ray Lewis's career will have to come to an end in Foxboro but at least he'll go out having played two legends in Manning and Brady. Looking forward to next week!

Edited by NucksPatsFan

Awesome couple of days for NFL fans. I would have loved to see the Seahawks win but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Next week is going to be just as exciting if not more. Too bad Ravens and Pats have to play each other and one of them has to go home. On the bright side one of them will definitely move on and have a chance to win the SB. I can't lose next week.

Go Pats

or

Go Ravens

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Upvote 1

We are going back to the AFC Championship game! WOOOOO! And this time it's in our house.

Not impressed with how relaxed the offense and defense got once they got big leads but at least the defense was able to put it away.

First off, Brady now the most winningest playoff QB in NFL history. Also, what did Peyton Manning do in the divisional round? Throw 2 INTs and give up a huge lead. What did Aaron Rodgers do? Not a great game by his standards, 250 passing with 2 td's and a pick. What did Brady do? nearly 350 yards passing with 3 TDs and no turn overs. I'm sticking by that he is the best QB in the NFL.

Sucks that Ray Lewis's career will have to come to an end in Foxboro but at least he'll go out having played two legends in Manning and Brady. Looking forward to next week!

love your edit. agree with the Ray Lewis comment. I love that guy, possibly the best football player ever to play the game. If the Ravens somehow beat the Pats I would love for them to win the SB.

one more thing

Peyton Manning passer rating yesterday 88

Tom Brady passer rating today 115

Fantastic effort by the Seahawks to rally themselves back into it.. Took lots of perseverance and heart.

Still, an empty feeling :(

I feel ya man. Was not to be. They went down fighting so no shame in that. The other teams will definitely be giving the Hawks offence some respect next season but it's hard not to feel confident with a calm, collected QB in Russell Wilson....who's proved he can get it done when it matters the most!! Great season Hawks!!

And congrats to all the teams moving on! Looking forward to the games next weekend. I guess of the remaining teams I wouldn't mind seein the 9ers win.....and some more of that Kaepernick magic!! oh oops.....sure hope I don't get labeled a bandwagoner now. :rolleyes:

The game was in Foxboro last year too.

I guess Brady wasn't mad afterall, eh Richard Sherman? God, I hate that guy more than I hate eli manning. He is to me for football what Brad Marchand is to canucks fans in hockey.

Says the "nucks" fan who is probably also a Burrows fan who is pretty much the Richard Sherman of the NHL (although not in the media). Don't be a Sherman hater, he's a humble guy when he needs to be...it's called getting under the skin of the players...LIKE THE CANUCKS. You mad???

Says the "nucks" fan who is probably also a Burrows fan who is pretty much the Richard Sherman of the NHL (although not in the media). Don't be a Sherman hater, he's a humble guy when he needs to be...it's called getting under the skin of the players...LIKE THE CANUCKS. You mad???

Burrows is the Richard Sherman of the NHL? LOL There are a lot worse guys out there than Burrows. Sean Avery would be the hockey version of Sherman imo.

Burrows is the Richard Sherman of the NHL? LOL There are a lot worse guys out there than Burrows. Sean Avery would be the hockey version of Sherman imo.

Avery is just a neanderthal. Sherman is a smart guy. Listen to his interviews, he knows how to pick his spots. Don't be a hater, you would kill to have him on your team, everyone would. He's a stud.