The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Ok boy do I have quite a few points to make about this game

1) The Broncos screwed the Broncos. I thought the Broncos got the shaft on quite a few calls but they screwed themselves over. This aura of invincibility which they clearly believed in is now gone. Poof. The team has been beat and they made some dumb mistakes. That idiotic play by Vickerson was ONLY HIS FAULT.

2)Ronnie Hillman needs to be cut. This guy is a fumbling machine and I don't care if he retrieved it or not he clearly cannot handle the basic concept of running with the ball in your hands and not bobbling it

3) Speaking of calls, was it only me or was everyone completely dumbfounded by the fact the ball was given to the Colts after the fumble. You cannot tell me the ref conclusively saw either way as both guys had there hands on the ball. In those situations I have traditionally seen the ball be deferred to the team who originally hand it but in this case it wasnt

4) Can we please get someone at left tackle who is actually competent. Chris Clark has been above his weight class since the day he replaced Manning. It showed last week against the freakin Jaguars and it sure as hell showed this week.

5) Related to point #4. The Broncos need to shore up there offensive line a bit at the trade deadline. If there is one thing that can cost them in the playoffs it is the offensive line. Ya, the defence is overrated but generally it does what it needs to do when it matters most (unless of course you are Rahim Moore against the Ravens).

6) Andrew Luck did nothing to win this game out right. The Bronco's lost it more than the Colts won it and that was quite obvious

7) I am going to go out on a limb here and say this will be the worst game the Broncos will play all year. The comical series of miscues and problems in this game that happend was flabbergasting. Don't see them happening in the long run though.

Giving the ball to Moreno, who leads all backs in td's, on the goal line,would have been stupid. Especially when you have fumble prone Hillman in your arsenal. Yes, scronny Ronny was definitely the man for the job there.

Roughing the passer call was Karma for Decker flopping all over the place rather than attempting to do his job and catch the ball. Maybe spend a little less time strutting your redneck @$$ on reality tv, and a little more playing football.

Never liked John Fox.

Edited by CanucksSayEh

Giving the ball to Moreno, who leads all backs in td's, on the goal line,would have been stupid. Especially when you have fumble prone Hillman in your arsenal. Yes, scronny Ronny was definitely the man for the job there.

Never liked John Fox.

Thats the call that kills me. They get the TD they win the game. The colts offence was not going to risk anything. They were playing not to lose and Peyton was on a different level at that point.

Edited by canuckbeliever

1) The Broncos screwed the Broncos. I thought the Broncos got the shaft on quite a few calls but they screwed themselves over. This aura of invincibility which they clearly believed in is now gone. Poof. The team has been beat and they made some dumb mistakes. That idiotic play by Vickerson was ONLY HIS FAULT.

Doesn't help that Andrew Luck dove hard to sell that call

6) Andrew Luck did nothing to win this game out right. The Bronco's lost it more than the Colts won it and that was quite obvious

11 yard run on third and 9 to extend a drive early in the game which lead to a TD

Breaking from the pocket to extend the play and completing a pass down field

Keeping the ball when there should've been a coverage sack and running it in for a TD

He did quite a few things to put the Colts in the position they were in which lead to the win.

Peyton looked soo choked at the end of the game, never have I seen him walk that slow to center field after a loss. You just know he wanted to go 16-0 this year with that pro-bowl offense...ohh I love it, I love it so much

Don't worry that Super Bowl and fifth MVP will be nice. Also sh** kicking Brady twice will be great. Also how did you find out what Manning was thinking. Can you share this technology with me?

Get troll'd on here every day seems like. Nice to be on the giving end for once not the receiving. I only get to troll when something bad happens to the Jets, Manning or the Seahawks. Take my opportunities when I got em.

Your teams 5-2 while Broncos are 6-1. Broncos have a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl while your team is a pretender.

Jokes on you buddy.Keep losing to crappy teams such as the Jets. Can't wait until the Broncos kick Patriot a** week 12. Patriots bandwagon will be quiet then.

Edited by canuckbeliever

Your teams 5-2 while Broncos are 6-1. Broncos have a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl while your team is a pretender.

Jokes on you buddy.Keep losing to crappy teams such as the Jets. Can't wait until the Broncos kick Patriot a** week 12. Patriots bandwagon will be quiet then.

Still think the Brocos are a stronger team overall.. comeback was cut short by a fumble and a bad penalty.

Foles, then Barkley. Nothing works for the Eagles, defense finally has a good game but the offense doesn't.

It was shocking how bad the Eagles offence was. The d played about as good as you can expect. Had the offence even played at 80% they would have won the game.

Crazy the Eagles haven't won at home since last year ironically against their next opponent, the Giants.

This is true. However, "the rules" are subject to interpretation.

Watching the Eagles and the 'Boys today, I saw at least four pass interference calls that weren't made. The comment that came up several times from the game commentators was "they're letting them play"...

A game in OT, where the call basically hands the game to one of the teams, would have been a good instance to "let them play", IMHO.

Where did you see the game? It said on the CTV website that they were showing the Eagles and Cowboys on CTV Vancouver but I filip around it's the same damn game on six different channels.

Patriots and Jets everywhere.

Edited by Chip Kelly

Roughing the passer call was Karma for Decker flopping all over the place rather than attempting to do his job and catch the ball. Maybe spend a little less time strutting your redneck @$$ on reality tv, and a little more playing football.

Decker seems like he would be buddies with the Eagles resident redneck Riley Cooper.

Don't worry that Super Bowl and fifth MVP will be nice. Also sh** kicking Brady twice will be great. Also how did you find out what Manning was thinking. Can you share this technology with me?

You're upset after a loss. That's understandable. Hope you feel better today man. Just remember, the Broncos don't know who you are and don't care who you are or that you even exist, so don't let it influence your entire day.

Also I hope to God someone more deserving of the MVP wins it. The MVP should be for someone who makes everyone around them, and the team better. Not performing well by being surrounded by a pro bowl offense.

Edited by NucksPatsFan