The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Two plays come to mind which pretty much lost the game for the Broncos.

1. The fumble in the red zone in the 4th quarter. That was brutal. Had Hillman not fumble just a couple yards out of the end zone, the Broncos probably would've scored with Peyton throwing the ball to Welker on the next play.

2. Eric Decker's drop pass when it was a for sure touchdown. Yeah the ball crossed the goal line but as he was stumbling out of bounds, he lost control of the ball and was ruled incomplete. This was in the 3rd quarter by the way.. would've completely turned the game around and the Colts probably woulda lost

Your teams 5-2 while Broncos are 6-1. Broncos have a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl while your team is a pretender.

Jokes on you buddy.Keep losing to crappy teams such as the Jets. Can't wait until the Broncos kick Patriot a** week 12. Patriots bandwagon will be quiet then.

Thought about this on the drive to school..

I'd rather be a pretender than a contender. A pretender wins the Super Bowl, it's a miracle. A pretender gets eliminated, well who cares, they weren't expected to win anyways. Peyton Manning's been a contender his whole career and has 1 ring to show for it, so you keep enjoying being a contender.

If Brady takes his make-shift offense and a defense without it's 2 captains to the Super Bowl, that would be incredible. If the Pats get eliminated in the divisional or AFCCG rounds, it'll be perceived as exceeding their expectations and the experience will be a big boost for the young receivers.

If Manning and the Broncos do anything BUT win the Super Bowl, it'll just add on to Manning's legacy as a playoff choke artist. There is a lot more pressure on the Broncos than teams like the Patriots, the Packers, hell even the 49ers considering the amount of attention the Seahawks are getting.

I also don't understand why the "jokes on me." I personally, as a Pats fan, didn't want Peyton to also have a 16-0 regular season. Since the Colts beat them, that isn't going to happen. That made me happy. That has nothing to do with the Broncos chances to win the Super Bowl or my perception of how talented they are.

Thought about this on the drive to school..

I'd rather be a pretender than a contender. A pretender wins the Super Bowl, it's a miracle. A pretender gets eliminated, well who cares, they weren't expected to win anyways. Peyton Manning's been a contender his whole career and has 1 ring to show for it, so you keep enjoying being a contender.

If Brady takes his make-shift offense and a defense without it's 2 captains to the Super Bowl, that would be incredible. If the Pats get eliminated in the divisional or AFCCG rounds, it'll be perceived as exceeding their expectations and the experience will be a big boost for the young receivers.

If Manning and the Broncos do anything BUT win the Super Bowl, it'll just add on to Manning's legacy as a playoff choke artist. There is a lot more pressure on the Broncos than teams like the Patriots, the Packers, hell even the 49ers considering the amount of attention the Seahawks are getting.

I also don't understand why the "jokes on me." I personally, as a Pats fan, didn't want Peyton to also have a 16-0 regular season. Since the Colts beat them, that isn't going to happen. That made me happy. That has nothing to do with the Broncos chances to win the Super Bowl or my perception of how talented they are.

The joke is on you seeing as winning a super bowl is much bigger than going 16-0. Also what you failed to mention in your hyper positive spin is that pretenders rarely win championships.

The joke is on you seeing as winning a super bowl is much bigger than going 16-0. Also what you failed to mention in your hyper positive spin is that pretenders rarely win championships.

Super Bowl is the ultimate prize, but that doesn't negate amazing accomplishments done in circumstances where that team and/or player didn't win the Super Bowl.

The Vikings aren't winning a SB anytime soon, but if AP breaks the rushing yards record are you going to say "Yeah, well, winning the SB is much bigger than rushing for 2500 yards."

There's no joke on me. I'm happy with what my team accomplished, and considering the fact no team in the 16 game regular season era had gone 16-0 prior to 07, or since then, shows how amazing of a feat it really is.

Two of the last three Super Bowl winners weren't considered the favorites.

Super Bowl is the ultimate prize, but that doesn't negate amazing accomplishments done in circumstances where that team and/or player didn't win the Super Bowl.

The Vikings aren't winning a SB anytime soon, but if AP breaks the rushing yards record are you going to say "Yeah, well, winning the SB is much bigger than rushing for 2500 yards."

There's no joke on me. I'm happy with what my team accomplished, and considering the fact no team in the 16 game regular season era had gone 16-0 prior to 07, or since then, shows how amazing of a feat it really is.

Two of the last three Super Bowl winners weren't considered the favorites.

Glad to see the positive spin you are putting to the 18-1 seasons.I recall a big egg at the end but if selective memory is your thing feel free to ignore the end.

PS: I am really glad we are back to battling terms. It was really weird agreeing with you on stuff for the past couple of months. This seems more natural.

Edited by canuckbeliever

Glad to see the positive spin you are putting to the 18-1 seasons.I recall a big egg at the end but if selective memory is your thing feel free to ignore the end.

Its like braging about the Canucks getting a crap load of points in the 2010-2011 reg season. In the end reg season is irrelevant.

PS: I am really glad we are back to battling terms. It was really weird agreeing with you on stuff for the past couple of months. This seems more natural.

It's nothing like bragging about the Canucks getting a lot of points in 10/11. If the Canucks had gone 82-0 and then lost to Boston in 7, then bragging to others "Yeah well we're the only team to ever go 82-0" becomes comparable. There are teams that go 15-1, 14-2, 13-3 every year. But there has only ever been one team to go undefeated for all 16 regular season games and that is something to be proud of. It is something that may not happen again, or happen again for a very long time. It is something that had never happened before in the modern 16 game era.

I'm not ignoring the end. Yeah the Giants and their superb defense beat us and we lost in the Super Bowl. But that doesn't mean that I should forget the aforementioned perfect regular season, or the fact Brady threw 50 TDs, or that Moss caught 22 or 23 TD's.

Andrew Luck didn't win a Super Bowl last year but that doesn't mean he should forget he had the most passing yards ever for a rookie QB, which is quite the feat considering the big names he surpassed.

Are you saying no one should remember all the great stuff Dan Marino did? Is he irrelevant to the NFL?

I guess by your logic Peter Stastny's 1200+ points in under 1000 games is irrelevant because hey, he never won the Stanley Cup.

Don't worry that Super Bowl and fifth MVP will be nice. Also sh** kicking Brady twice will be great. Also how did you find out what Manning was thinking. Can you share this technology with me?

Your teams 5-2 while Broncos are 6-1. Broncos have a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl while your team is a pretender.

Jokes on you buddy.Keep losing to crappy teams such as the Jets. Can't wait until the Broncos kick Patriot a** week 12. Patriots bandwagon will be quiet then.

I only state facts

I couldn't help but see the irony lol. You are right though the Broncos had every chance to win that game, but made careless mistakes that cost them

Edited by canuckfan_21

I couldn't help but see the irony lol. You are right the Broncos had every chance to win that game, but made careless mistakes that cost them

Lol, I didn't want to point out, in response to the "twice" comment, that Brady beat Manning and the Broncos last year by 10 points, glad someone caught that though

I couldn't help but see the irony lol. You are right though the Broncos had every chance to win that game, but made careless mistakes that cost them

Its all going to happen. Im throwing down words and will be here if the Broncos lose don't worry. #InPeytonItrust

Edited by canuckbeliever

Sam Bradford, Reggie Wayne, Doug Martin, Brian Cushing all have their seasons ended on the same day. Jerod Mayo, Vince Wilfork, Julio Jones had theirs ended over the last couple weeks

Lance Briggs, Jay Cutler out for over a month.

What a bad day for injuries. That is a lot of pro bowlers who had their seasons ended not even half way into the season.

edit: add leon hall to the list of season ending injuries occurring yesterday

Edited by NucksPatsFan