The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Sam Bradford, Reggie Wayne, Doug Martin, Brian Cushing all have their seasons ended on the same day. Jerod Mayo, Vince Wilfork, Julio Jones had theirs ended over the last couple weeks

Lance Briggs, Jay Cutler out for over a month.

What a bad day for injuries. That is a lot of pro bowlers who had their seasons ended not even half way into the season.

edit: add leon hall to the list of season ending injuries occurring yesterday

Yeah. It`s absolutely insane the amount of injuries that are happening right now. I usually hate to see any player go down but to lose pro bowlers it only hurts the quality of the game. tbh though not to sound like a dick or anything, but im not upset at the bears injuries. Helps the Lions alot.

Edited by canuckfan_21

Decker is too busy having gushy gushy wet wet with her

maxim1.jpg

He can't before marriage because he is a good small town Christian boy (at least that's what they were talking about in the promo for his reality show).

Not many times a game lives up to the hype this Monday Night certainly did.

It was as brutal as advertised. Ponder looked pissed having a guy play that doesn't know 90% of the playbook with the offensive co-ordinator calling plays on a little napkin sized play card for him.

Freeman looks like Sanchez with both guys struggling after having some success early in their careers. Freeman has questionable work ethic but he has better physical tools than Sanchez.

He couldn't do anything. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to have one of the greatest RB's of all time on your team and waste away his talent while he is still in his prime.

When teams are this brutal they shouldn't be playing on national tv. Monday Night Football and Thursday Night Football are both terrible the majority of the time.

Sunday NIght Football is the only one that seems to get good games most of the time, though next week's national tv games are all terrible on paper.

The game of the week may be Broncos vs Redskins.

It was shocking how bad the Eagles offence was. The d played about as good as you can expect. Had the offence even played at 80% they would have won the game.

Crazy the Eagles haven't won at home since last year ironically against their next opponent, the Giants.

Where did you see the game? It said on the CTV website that they were showing the Eagles and Cowboys on CTV Vancouver but I filip around it's the same damn game on six different channels.

Patriots and Jets everywhere.

It was on one of the american channels.

With my basic cable package, I usually get to choose between two or three games on Sunday. Last week it was three. As you said, a bunch of stations had Jets/Pats, but there were also one each of 'Boys/Eagles and Bengals/Lions.

Pretty pissed of Wayne is done for the year. Disregarding the rivalry, he's hands down one of the greatest to play his position, at least in my mind. Find it shocking he's underrated and not in talk with some of the legends at WR, but Wayne is simply amazing.

He's reached 1000+ receptions this year, that's insane itself, and then to take into consideration the liability he is, consistency he has, and the threat he brings to gamedays, it's almost unheard of. His iron man streak is done which is another hit, but honestly, he is an all around great WR. He can play it short, medium, long, and from those 3, he is a massive threat no matter where he catches it. Now that he's out, I can't see the Colts winning 2 playoff games, and possibly even 1. He's that big of a factor to the team and not taking anything away from the Colts team and Luck, but when a guy like Wayne goes down, you can't replace him. Sucks for Indy cause they looked like a solid contender this year but it's going to be a uphill battle from here on.

Pretty pissed of Wayne is done for the year. Disregarding the rivalry, he's hands down one of the greatest to play his position, at least in my mind. Find it shocking he's underrated and not in talk with some of the legends at WR, but Wayne is simply amazing.

He's reached 1000+ receptions this year, that's insane itself, and then to take into consideration the liability he is, consistency he has, and the threat he brings to gamedays, it's almost unheard of. His iron man streak is done which is another hit, but honestly, he is an all around great WR. He can play it short, medium, long, and from those 3, he is a massive threat no matter where he catches it. Now that he's out, I can't see the Colts winning 2 playoff games, and possibly even 1. He's that big of a factor to the team and not taking anything away from the Colts team and Luck, but when a guy like Wayne goes down, you can't replace him. Sucks for Indy cause they looked like a solid contender this year but it's going to be a uphill battle from here on.

Reggie Wayne isn't a liability to the Colts, as the rest of your post points out. lol

Issue maybe brewing in Denver, YIKES :(

Mike Klis@MikeKlis13m

Broncos giving rest to several veterans, including Wes Welker, Shaun Phillips, Eric Decker, Chris Kuper. And Peyton Manning.

Mike Klis@MikeKlis12m

Still, we saw something wrong with Peyton Manning's deep passes at Indy after Robert Mathis hit. And now not practicing.

Jeff Legwold@Jeff_Legwold12m

#Broncos in full gear for practice, but QB Peyton Manning had no shoulder or leg pads. Did not throw in warmups.

Issue maybe brewing in Denver, YIKES :(

Mike Klis@MikeKlis13m

Broncos giving rest to several veterans, including Wes Welker, Shaun Phillips, Eric Decker, Chris Kuper. And Peyton Manning.

Mike Klis@MikeKlis12m

Still, we saw something wrong with Peyton Manning's deep passes at Indy after Robert Mathis hit. And now not practicing.

Jeff Legwold@Jeff_Legwold12m

#Broncos in full gear for practice, but QB Peyton Manning had no shoulder or leg pads. Did not throw in warmups.

He hurt his ankle apparently. I wouldn't read too much into any player missing a wednesday practice

So St Louis contacted Brett Farve and asked if he would want to play again. He said no, but sure feels like Farve retired saga is about to continue..

In other old qb news, apparently Jeff Garcia has contacted the browns beleiving he could still start for them. The funny thing is a few people on espn would like to see that. Sure is a bad year to be Jason Campbell