The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Never understood anyone, let alone professional, rich athletes, fleeing hit and runs.

If a story came out that Spikes was involved in an accident, stayed at the scene to make sure the other driver was fine, exchanged information and will have some sort of agreement, there might have been a chance for discipline but not getting cut. If he was intoxicated, then getting cut should be the least of his worries.

I'll bet donuts to dollars that he was drunk. Leaving his car, after a fender bender, and getting the heck out of there was the smart thing to do.

The cops want to talk to him. If he wants to continue to be smart he should tell the cops to talk to his lawyer. That's the nice thing about the 5th amendment on top of your right to remain silent in the first place.

The funniest thing is that his Mercedes looked much worse than the Nissan he rear ended.

Never understood anyone, let alone professional, rich athletes, fleeing hit and runs.

If a story came out that Spikes was involved in an accident, stayed at the scene to make sure the other driver was fine, exchanged information and will have some sort of agreement, there might have been a chance for discipline but not getting cut. If he was intoxicated, then getting cut should be the least of his worries.

How do you figure? They can't prove squat about him being drunk or he would have been arrested by now. Chances are, he was drunk. Leaving the scene was a smart move.

How do you figure? They can't prove squat about him being drunk or he would have been arrested by now. Chances are, he was drunk. Leaving the scene was a smart move.

If he was drunk, why not still stay and exchange information then drive off. He still comes off looking like a decent guy, plus if the other driver sensed he was drunk and claimed it after the fact, Spikes could've played the, "He recognized me and is trying to get additional money out of me" card.

If he was drunk, why not still stay and exchange information then drive off. He still comes off looking like a decent guy, plus if the other driver sensed he was drunk and claimed it after the fact, Spikes could've played the, "He recognized me and is trying to get additional money out of me" card.

orrrr you just leave and remove any and all chance of getting caught. If you stay, you legally have to wait until a cop shows up. At that point, once the cop gets there, you are up a creek without a paddle.

Patriots signed Derek Cox, who was drafted by the Jaguars after they made a trade with the Patriots at the draft.

Here is why a few years later, that trade ended up playing a huge role in the Patriots winning their 4th Super Bowl.

1. Jaguars wanted Cox, and traded the 232nd pick and the following year's 2nd round pick to the Pats for pick 73
  2. WIth the 232nd pick, the Patriots drafted Julian Edelman
  3. The following year, Belichick traded Jacksonville's 2nd round pick (pick 44) + 6th round pick to the Raiders for pick 42
  4. Pick 42 - Gronk

orrrr you just leave and remove any and all chance of getting caught. If you stay, you legally have to wait until a cop shows up. At that point, once the cop gets there, you are up a creek without a paddle.

I've seen many times driving by accident scenes where if both cars are still functioning, people exhange information and go home without the RCMP showing up. I'm not familiar with American laws though. Or maybe these people I see in BC are also breaking the law lol.

I've seen many times driving by accident scenes where if both cars are still functioning, people exhange information and go home without the RCMP showing up. I'm not familiar with American laws though. Or maybe these people I see in BC are also breaking the law lol.

In general, I think what SF1 is trying to say is Spikes took a risky measure to leave the scene but for the greater cause if he infact was drunk. A DUI is a lot worse than leaving the scene imo.

Patriots signed Derek Cox, who was drafted by the Jaguars after they made a trade with the Patriots at the draft.

Here is why a few years later, that trade ended up playing a huge role in the Patriots winning their 4th Super Bowl.

1. Jaguars wanted Cox, and traded the 232nd pick and the following year's 2nd round pick to the Pats for pick 73
  3. The following year, Belichick traded Jacksonville's 2nd round pick (pick 44) + 6th round pick to the Raiders for pick 42
  4. Pick 42 - Gronk

Funny how everything worked out.

4. Pick 42 - Gronk

That story is one of the many reasons why I love sports. The irony. Also, is it just me or do the Pats have a ridiculously good drafting/development record compared to other teams. They must be top 3. Forget about any draft busts, just players that no matter where they were drafted went on to have an impact on the team.

Just a casual observation taken over the years.

Top 3 in no particular order:

Patriots

Ravens

Seahawks

Anyone disagree?

Edited by Green Building

That story is one of the many reasons why I love sports. The irony. Also, is it just me or do the Pats have a ridiculously good drafting/development record compared to other teams. They must be top 3. Forget about any draft busts, just players that no matter where they were drafted went on to have an impact on the team.

Just a casual observation taken over the years.

Top 3 in no particular order:

Patriots

Ravens

Seahawks

Anyone disagree?

Seahawks in just the last few years.

In total i think its

Patriots

Ravens

Packers

Seahawks in just the last few years.

In total i think its

Patriots

Ravens

Packers

Definitely this but I'd put Packers at the very top without question. They have some ridiculous stat something like 52 of their 53 man roster was developed within the organization and had 1 player come from the outside. Can't remember exactly but it's an insane number.

Malcolm Butler missed a flight to practice and BB left him at home for 3 weeks. Jonas Gray scenario 2.0 lol. Scary cause our CBs are already so scarce and he's doing this and missing out on a lot of help.

"In Foxborough, even voluntary practice time is something to be earned; a privilege, not a right."

Malcolm Butler missed a flight to practice and BB left him at home for 3 weeks. Jonas Gray scenario 2.0 lol. Scary cause our CBs are already so scarce and he's doing this and missing out on a lot of help.

"In Foxborough, even voluntary practice time is something to be earned; a privilege, not a right."

Due to weather conditions which was totally not his fault, however it is something he will learn from and at least plan ahead earlier next time so it won't happen. You wanna play in the big league, you gotta take everything seriously and always arrive early.