The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Terrible game. Defense should've seen the game winning run coming aside, 2 horse sh*t calls cost the game (phantom holding call in the endzone, offensive PI on Gronk). 

Loss doesn't matter quite as much, just going through the motions in these games until the playoffs come. Division and 1st round bye are all but locked up judging on the rest of the schedule. What matters is Gronk. 

Amendola should be back next game, Edelman expected to be back for Week 17, though they'll probably give him that off and the bye week to get 100% for the divisional round. But Gronk man, that's the loudest I've ever yelled the F word. He was walking with full weight on it after it looked like, so, there's some room for optimism. 

49 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

I don't think Peyton wins this game. Osweiler made some huge plays down the stretch. Broncos should let Peyton walk next year

Him and Marshawn are pretty much done I think.

Also bad news on Jimmy Graham he tore his patellar tendon in his knee just like Victor Cruz last year. He is likely to not be the same player when he comes back.

There is a chance it could be career threatening for Graham and Cruz both being 29 going on 30.

20 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Gronk boarded team bus without any brace or crutches. 

That's lucky Jimmy Graham out for the year on a similar looking play.

Lot of significant players injured so far this year and still 5 games and playoffs to go. Crazy Year.

I think Patriots could rest their guys and still easily beat the Eagles next week. Why rush back Gronkowski, Amendola or anybody really who is even banged up a little?

Just now, Chip Kelly said:

That's lucky Jimmy Graham out for the year on a similar looking play.

Lot of significant players injured so far this year and still 5 games and playoffs to go. Crazy Year.

I think Patriots could rest their guys and still easily beat the Eagles next week. Why rush back Gronkowski, Amendola or anybody really who is even banged up a little?

Gronk won't be playing next game 100%. Amendola I think he's alright, rested him this week like they should to Gronk next week and maybe the week after.

...tough for Graham. He just started clicking too and figuring things out with Seattle. Only pray for the best.

7 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Gronk won't be playing next game 100%. Amendola I think he's alright, rested him this week like they should to Gronk next week and maybe the week after.

...tough for Graham. He just started clicking too and figuring things out with Seattle. Only pray for the best.

Yeah it's too bad it seems this year the injuries to big name players are overshadowing things and probably the reason why the majority of the league is mediocre right now. It's pretty wide open each team has their flaws and are all look beatable.

@Chip Kelly, get a load of this

@scottzolak: Talked to others close to it that 87 has been singled out by league to target him on consistent basis for more push offs on him. Singled out

league trying to nerf Gronk and the Pats. Today's officiating was pretty bad but nothing close to that Ravens game a few years back. League and refs make me sick.

Edited by TheRussianRocket.

5 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

@michaelFhurley: I think if you're mad about the non-call for hands to the face on go-ahead TD, you have a gripe. https://t.co/hm9nivgIOU 

...screw Goodell. 

I actually noticed that when they replayed the td. The announcers didn't mention the refs missed the hands to the face by Evan Mathis the ex Eagle.

LOL. There's missed calls on most plays for BOTH teams in every game. The Pats aren't going to get all the calls. I don't even get why Pats fans are mad. Now the perfect season narrative is gone and there won't be that added pressure. Gronk injury is big, but it seems he's fine and will be back in time for playoffs. 

But but but Osweiler goat! Damn he looked good. 

30 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

^and the game winning TD was a hold but oh well...

maybe the Eagles can win the division possibly? Seeing how weak it is and Gronk possibly out next week, wouldn't be surprised if the Pats play it out safe and Philly comes out guns blazing and walks away with a W.

I don't know man.. Everything is up in the air. Do the players even want to play for Chip anymore?

I wouldn't blame them. Using a raw rookie on Megatron instead of Maxwell who can't cover 1-on-1 going no huddle all game at the same pace and running the same vanilla plays each week when they are not working.

Using Demarco on outside runs when he doesn't have the agility to get the outside or any speed or burst. Plus out of the shotgun when it is clear he runs best on inside and north-south runs under centre.

I've already given up on the season. Just hoping for a good top 10 pick at minimum and wait to see how the biggest circus in the NFL unfolds.

Will Chip the Coach hire a competent experienced GM who is not a Yes man? Or does he try to go the Titans to coach Mariota.

I don't think he goes back to college he rather get another shot in the NFL with a legit qb who can run his system I think question will that be in Philly or does he start over in Tennessee. 

4 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

LOL. There's missed calls on most plays for BOTH teams in every game. The Pats aren't going to get all the calls. I don't even get why Pats fans are mad. Now the perfect season narrative is gone and there won't be that added pressure. Gronk injury is big, but it seems he's fine and will be back in time for playoffs. 

But but but Osweiler goat! Damn he looked good. 

First half was so so. But he made enough plays when it counted the most to get the W. Unless he faceplants the rest of the way.

Clearly his team with Peyton on the brink of retirement.