The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver Giants thread

Rate this topic

TACIC

Regina Pats 3 at Vancouver Giants 4 Final SO

Maybe it's the lack of hockey, but that was very entertaining. Junior hockey has to be the best bang for the buck for sports entertainment. I can't decide for the Giant's if it's poor defensive coverage, or shaky goaltending or both. At times they look solid, then at times they look brutal. I think Don has a lot of work to do with his boys. The great thing is seeing parents and kids all happy and smiling at a game. That's the kind of fans hockey needs.

Edited by Ghostsof1915

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone here go? It was Trevor Linden night?

Yes I was there. Trev got a big ovation.

As far as the game goes, the score flatters the Giants anyway. The Amerks hit two goalposts in the game and their young players, especially Rankin and McCue, looked very good.

The Giants outdid themselves in this game. Usually they only give up one goal in the last 3 minutes but this time they gave up two.

They are very fortunate they schooled Edmonton on the trade for Musil. Getting a 1st and Geertsen, who looks like he will be a solid defensive d-man al a Willie Mitchell, gives them something to build on for next year. I say next year because this team is awful. I think even Don Hay has given up.

Edited by theminister

Yes I was there. Trev got a big ovation.

As far as the game goes, the score flatters the Giants anyway. The Amerks hit two goalposts in the game and their young players, especially Rankin and McCue, looked very good.

The Giants outdid themselves in this game. Usually they only give up one goal in the last 3 minutes but this time they gave up two.

They are very fortunate they schooled Edmonton on the trade for Musil. Getting a 1st and Geertsen, who looks like he will be a solid defensive d-man al a Willie Mitchell, gives them something to build on for next year. I say next year because this team is awful. I think even Don Hay has given up.

Maybe Trevor should be an assistant coach. If he's not too busy with his business dealings. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Vancouver Giants trade 20-year-old Kale Kessy, a fourth-round pick of the Phoenix Coyotes, to the Kamloops Blazers in exchange for 18-year-old Bob Trzonkowski and a 2015 fifth-round draft pick. Kessy was picked up by the Giants earlier this year from Medicine Hat for a 2015 fifth-round pick. The WHL trade deadline is coming up next week and it is expected that the Giants will make some more moves in their rebuild, perhaps including overager Trevor Cheek, who has 17 goals in 37 games and has 7 in as many games.

It really sucks that Tvrdon is hurt, he would've fetched a good return.

The Vancouver Giants have aquired 18-year-old goaltender Jared Rathjen from the Victoria Royals in exchange for an 8th-round draft pick in the WHL bantam draft. Rathjen is currently playing for the Whitecourt Wolves of the Alberta Junior Hockey League. This trade comes just days after fellow goaltender Liam Liston left the team to attend University of Alberta. Starter Payton Lee played his last game at the world U-17 championship for team Pacific today and will return soon. Rathjen will join the team in their upcoming Alberta road trip. As mentioned above, the Giants have also signed 16-year-old forward Luca Leone of the Coquitlam Express. Leone will also join the Giants in their upcoming road trip.

Edited by mrsasaki