The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Reuniting the best duo of 05-06

As i have mentioned before i think joe thornton is the perfect player for the second line.

To Van: Thornton

To Sj: Raymond, Matthias, Howden, Fla 1st, Van 1st, Van 2nd

To Fla: Luongo

I think its pretty fair? Ill change it once i get your opinions

Sign Jonathan Cheechoo to a one year 1 million dollar deal

Sign Dan Ellis/Marty Turco (i want turco but everyone seems to want ellis)to a one year 1 million dollar deal

Booth/Kesler plays a similar role as scott thornton, who was cheechoo and thorntons linemate in 05-06

Without Kesler

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Thornton Cheechoo

Higgins Malhotra Hansen

Volpatti Lapierre Desbiens

Bieksa Hamhuis

Edler Garrison

Ballard Tanev

Schneider

Ellis/Turco

With Kesler

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Kesler Thornton Cheechoo

Booth Malhotra Higgins

Volpatti Lapierre Hansen

Bieksa Hamhuis

Edler Garrison

Ballard Tanev

Schneider

Ellis/Turco

Stanley Cup.

I'd rather get Matthias, Howden and Florida's 1st for Luongo and keep our 1st and 2nd rounders. If the idea is to get rid of Raymond, we can move him for a pick and get even more in return. Thornton's a douche and hasn't done what people have expected of him in the playoffs, I doubt he'd come here.

The idea of Thornton centering Kesler and Booth is definitely intriguing but Thornton won't be cheap; he's nearly a PPG anchor on that roster, you take him off and replace him with Matthias, Raymond and some futures? Sorry but SJ hangs up before the proposal is even finished.

I'd rather get Matthias, Howden and Florida's 1st for Luongo and keep our 1st and 2nd rounders. If the idea is to get rid of Raymond, we can move him for a pick and get even more in return. Thornton's a douche and hasn't done what people have expected of him in the playoffs, I doubt he'd come here.

I'd much rather do this deal straight with FLA and keep our 1st and 2nd.

But why in the world would FLA give up howden, Matthias and their 1st for just Lu? If they were willing to part with all that then this trade would've been done a long time ago. Why even get SJ involved? Thornton is a playoff choker anyways and his play has been declining even in the reg season.

Archived