The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

House Music/EDM Appreciation Thread

Jägermeister

1 hour ago, Jägermeister said:

Different animals completely.

I've only done Ultra in Croatia, and while it was amazing, it really can't be compared to Paradiso.  You're going from like 8pm-5am in a massive, packed (and really dirty) stadium, then marching back home to a rented apartment or hotel room after. Production and lineup when I went were better than Paradiso, but the event itself was really poorly organized.  Ultra Europe with USC organizing it and some element of on-site camping (they had camping but it was like a 45minute shuttle away and quite small) would be unreal.  I enjoyed both thoroughly, and if I had the choice at equal costs I'd probably do Ultra over Paradiso, but they really were quite different.

Tommorowland will also be #1 for me.  I can honestly say I can't even really be objective when comparing it to other festivals.  It was my first one, while travelling Europe for the first time, and the production and lineup were just perfect.  It was a dream come true.  The best I could really say is that it was basically Paradiso on some sort of freakishly strong steroid.  Everything great about Paradiso was even better at Tommorowland.  My only complaint would be that I had to miss so many sets I wanted to see due to scheduling conflicts.  But that was more of a testament to how good the lineup was than it was to poor scheduling by the organizers.

how old are you? How did you afford to go to so many big festivals? It's like 400+ each

12 hours ago, Jägermeister said:

Different animals completely.

I've only done Ultra in Croatia, and while it was amazing, it really can't be compared to Paradiso.  You're going from like 8pm-5am in a massive, packed (and really dirty) stadium, then marching back home to a rented apartment or hotel room after. Production and lineup when I went were better than Paradiso, but the event itself was really poorly organized.  Ultra Europe with USC organizing it and some element of on-site camping (they had camping but it was like a 45minute shuttle away and quite small) would be unreal.  I enjoyed both thoroughly, and if I had the choice at equal costs I'd probably do Ultra over Paradiso, but they really were quite different.

Tommorowland will also be #1 for me.  I can honestly say I can't even really be objective when comparing it to other festivals.  It was my first one, while travelling Europe for the first time, and the production and lineup were just perfect.  It was a dream come true.  The best I could really say is that it was basically Paradiso on some sort of freakishly strong steroid.  Everything great about Paradiso was even better at Tommorowland.  My only complaint would be that I had to miss so many sets I wanted to see due to scheduling conflicts.  But that was more of a testament to how good the lineup was than it was to poor scheduling by the organizers.

Tomorrowland is like getting tickets to the Super Bowl to watch the Pats play. A very, very, very expensive and unlikely dream. 

On 3/23/2016 at 11:35 PM, CaptainCanuck001 said:

Ive been to Ultra Miami and Croatia, EDC, Sunburn, Global Gathering, Eletric Zoo and Sensation. And honestly nothing compares going to Tomorrowland, it's almost like going to another planet for the first time. I highly highly recommend that if you have the chance to go, do it, you won't regret it.

so now vancouver events are boring and you won't want to go anymore ehh? :P:P

Just now, DoughtysCheck said:

anyone going to seasons tomorrow?

Knife party and Porter will slay tomorrow but $$$$$$$$

Yuup.

Super excited for day 1.  Knife Party put out some of the best sets I've seen, and the only time I saw Porter he was unreal.

Day 2 I'm not too excited for.  Seeing Odesza and Thomas Jack will be cool, but it's not a huge deal.  Duke Dumont I really couldn't care less about.

3 hours ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

Lol I wouldn't say they're boring... Just different. But I like going to the smaller events/festivals around town a bit more lowkey

The biggest problem with the events here (minus the club shows which are great most of the time) is the all ages thing.  Nowhere else except Vancouver have I been to a festival that allowed children in.

Seeing a bunch of teenage boys cooked beyond cognition and teenage girls trying to grind on 25 year old guys does take a lot of the allure away.  It takes a really good lineup for me to go to a bigger event here nowadays.

Edited by Jägermeister
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jägermeister said:

The biggest problem with the events here (minus the club shows which are great most of the time) is the all ages thing.  Nowhere else except Vancouver have I been to a festival that allowed children in.

Seeing a bunch of teenage boys cooked beyond cognition and teenage girls trying to grind on 25 year old guys does take a lot of the allure away.  It takes a really good lineup for me to go to a bigger event here nowadays.

im going to find you tomorrow!! :ph34r::ph34r:

52 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

I know! I hate all ages show. That's why I got VIP tickets for Faded in the park it's 19+

On 3/23/2016 at 9:54 PM, DoughtysCheck said:

because pats no longer gonna go to the superbowl? :lol:

Hardy har har  ... :P

Yo Jager, we (you, Doughty and I) should meet up for a shot at Fvded if you're going .. Doughty and I are gonna meet up before hand since I'm selling him my extra ticket. Or if not a shot, some cola bottles or gummy bears perhaps .. ? ;)