The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Christian Doctor Chemically Castrated Boy As Part Of 'Gay Cure'.

Sharpshooter

Jai604 I see that you are genuinely wrapping your head around what I'm saying so I will try to respond to you as well as I can. Here we go:

Nope. False assumption. Anyone who really debates the existence of god knows that there is no way currently to either prove nor disprove the existence of god, and so it is moot to even argue it.

Unlike a lot of people in this thread, I already did comment way back at the start of the thread about my feelings on the issue; which I believe to be pretty cut and dry, regardless of whether someone is religious or not. But I can state it again for those who seem to take things way too personally.

Many people are mentally sick. Some are doctors, some are stock brokers, some are mechanics, some are chefs. Regardless of whether someone is religious or not, people make horrible decisions that nobody should agree with. It doesn't matter whether someone holds a particular belief system or not.

This doctor, in particular, is an awful person. It's pretty straight forward and there is really not much more to discuss on it. If someone goes on a killing spree and it turns out that they are an Atheist, I don't blame it on the fact that they don't have a personal relationship with ABC religion. The same goes for someone who claims to be religious, yet acts out and castrates one of their patients. In both situations, the person is mentally unwell and needs help.

There you go. Now back to the "off topic" at hand.

Well...think of it this way.

In order to stab someone, you need a sharp object.

In order for this guy to do what he did, he used his religion to be that sharp object.

But here's the kicker - the sharp object he used does not say to castrate homosexuals.

In other words, even though he used religion to back his actions, his religion doesn't actually back him.

Buddhism seeks to relinquish desire and love. It's totally different than compassion and actualizing altruism.

Did you know that a buddhist would say to a prostitute to continue in her line of work? Only by becoming a good prostitute would she rebirth into a better person in the next life?

Buddhism seeks to relinquish desire and love. It's totally different than compassion and actualizing altruism.

Did you know that a buddhist would say to a prostitute to continue in her line of work? Only by becoming a good prostitute would she rebirth into a better person in the next life?

Archived