The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

At the start of Saturday night's TNA live event in Cape Girardeau, MO, road agent Pat Kenney came out and announced that many of the wrestlers would not be able to compete because an issue occurred with their wrestling licenses. The company was offering either refunds or a free meet and greet with the wrestlers.

Twitter user @hd388 was at the event and here were some of his comments regarding the show:

"This TNA house show is not off to a good start. If I had to guess there's probably no more than 250 people at this TNA house show. Bunch of wrestlers aren't being allowed to wrestle. They said state athletic commission wasn't allowing them to compete. 4th match of this TNA house show & 3 of them has featured either Bully Ray, Devon, Gunner, or James Storm. we got 5 matches & 3 of those featured Bully Ray, Devon, Gunner, & James Storm in some capacity. 2 singles & a tag match. Show lasted 90 minutes. the meet & greet with the wrestlers after the show made up for the lack of matches."

James Storm also wrote the following on Twitter:

"@Cowboy_J_Storm: Want to say thank you Cape Girardeau. We busted our asses to give you a great show. Thank you for believing in @IMPACTWRESTLING ." Uh Oh...

some of the many hurdles if they want to make the big leagues. which is a shame, because, honestly, since they left the impact zone, their shows felt less of... i guess you could say a minor league show (seriously... get rid of that cheap ass ramp. that's just... ugh why did ECW go out of business?) and by that, going to different places with different fans, those people will eiether make or break your show

and since they tape two shows in one day, the other being for the week after (that's where the spoilers come from), the crowds get burned out and they kinda stop caring. TNA kinda overstays their welcome. after hearing something on MLW radio (court bauer, former wwe writer, is said to have connections within wwe and tna, and i guess to a lesser extent, roh) it's said it costs tna $600,000 for a typical impact taping. i'm not sure HOW much of that i can believe since tna does NOT have that kind of money. idc if panda energy is their parent company, tna is panda's investment, and if tna's not making money, then what's the point? idc if dixies dad ownes the joint or not, the guy's still a businessman. from what i hear, dixie is just a sweet woman but doesn't know **** about running a wrestling company and most of the "cost cutting decisions" made, she had almost no involvement in. so who's getting involved? people within spike or her parents, who are getting fed up bleeding money to keep this company afoat?

some of the many hurdles if they want to make the big leagues. which is a shame, because, honestly, since they left the impact zone, their shows felt less of... i guess you could say a minor league show (seriously... get rid of that cheap ass ramp. that's just... ugh why did ECW go out of business?) and by that, going to different places with different fans, those people will eiether make or break your show

and since they tape two shows in one day, the other being for the week after (that's where the spoilers come from), the crowds get burned out and they kinda stop caring. TNA kinda overstays their welcome. after hearing something on MLW radio (court bauer, former wwe writer, is said to have connections within wwe and tna, and i guess to a lesser extent, roh) it's said it costs tna $600,000 for a typical impact taping. i'm not sure HOW much of that i can believe since tna does NOT have that kind of money. idc if panda energy is their parent company, tna is panda's investment, and if tna's not making money, then what's the point? idc if dixies dad ownes the joint or not, the guy's still a businessman. from what i hear, dixie is just a sweet woman but doesn't know **** about running a wrestling company and most of the "cost cutting decisions" made, she had almost no involvement in. so who's getting involved? people within spike or her parents, who are getting fed up bleeding money to keep this company afoat?

I can't see TNA lasting much longer this is a huge blunder. And it's too bad because competition is good. I miss the WCW/WWE Monday night wars, was nice to see each company trying to one up each other.

It's a minor blunder, relax guys. Due to their lucrative ad and tv deals and such, once they sell 2800 tickets for a live taping they've more than broken even. You have to remember that without TNA, Spike would fall to 0.2 average rating. They aren't going anywhere soon. WWE spends upwards of 3 million per show, just the nature of the beast. TNA's having a bit of a shake-up in the front office, everything will be fine again past Bound For Glory.

It's a minor blunder, relax guys. Due to their lucrative ad and tv deals and such, once they sell 2800 tickets for a live taping they've more than broken even. You have to remember that without TNA, Spike would fall to 0.2 average rating. They aren't going anywhere soon. WWE spends upwards of 3 million per show, just the nature of the beast. TNA's having a bit of a shake-up in the front office, everything will be fine again past Bound For Glory.

Olias isn't talking about Spike pulling the plug I think. I think he's saying the owners might get tired of continuously pumping money into something that offers a little return.

Olias isn't talking about Spike pulling the plug I think. I think he's saying the owners might get tired of continuously pumping money into something that offers a little return.

Highly doubt it, TNA's turned profits since Panda's taken over. It's yet to be seen this year whether they've turned profits for the months of May and June but every other month they've done so. TNA drew 600 last night for the house show.

More on the show:

Major Problems at TNA Live Event Last Night, Wrestlers Not Allowed to Compete, Jeff Hardy

By Marc Middleton

Jul 21, 2013 - 9:14:07 AM

- The TNA live event in Cape Girardeau, Missouri started last night with a TNA agent coming out and announcing that Chris Sabin, Garett Bischoff, Jay Bradley, Wes Brisco, Gail Kim and Miss Tessmacher would not be allowed to compete by the Missouri Athletic Commission because they did not have licenses to wrestle.

Around 500 fans were in attendance for the 90 minute show. The card featured just 5 matches and 3 of those 5 featured the same four wrestlers. Quick results look like this:

* Bully Ray beat James Storm

* Devon beat Gunner

* Samoa Joe beat Bobby Roode

* Gunner and James Storm beat Ray and Devon

* Jeff Hardy beat Kurt Angle

TNA officials tried to make up for the problems by inviting all fans backstage after the show to meet wrestlers for free. However, Jeff Hardy charged $20 for a photo and fans could not get his autograph. This led to some of the people that paid $65 for VIP tickets to be upset that fans were getting what they paid for for free.

This was not some minor blunder either. It was a huge f up.

Edited by Grapefruits

Again, minor blunder. I talked to fans who were at the show and they've said this sort of thing has happened in the past for every promotion. There's a reason TNA hasn't run there since 2007 and WWE/ROH avoids it.

Edited by TheHitman

More on the show:

Major Problems at TNA Live Event Last Night, Wrestlers Not Allowed to Compete, Jeff Hardy

By Marc Middleton

Jul 21, 2013 - 9:14:07 AM

- The TNA live event in Cape Girardeau, Missouri started last night with a TNA agent coming out and announcing that Chris Sabin, Garett Bischoff, Jay Bradley, Wes Brisco, Gail Kim and Miss Tessmacher would not be allowed to compete by the Missouri Athletic Commission because they did not have licenses to wrestle.

Around 500 fans were in attendance for the 90 minute show. The card featured just 5 matches and 3 of those 5 featured the same four wrestlers. Quick results look like this:

* Bully Ray beat James Storm

* Devon beat Gunner

* Samoa Joe beat Bobby Roode

* Gunner and James Storm beat Ray and Devon

* Jeff Hardy beat Kurt Angle

TNA officials tried to make up for the problems by inviting all fans backstage after the show to meet wrestlers for free. However, Jeff Hardy charged $20 for a photo and fans could not get his autograph. This led to some of the people that paid $65 for VIP tickets to be upset that fans were getting what they paid for for free.

This was not some minor blunder either. It was a huge f up.

That is a huge f up! If I had a VIP ticket i'd be pissed off too.

Was this Hardy's decision, his agent/manager's, or TNA's? Either way, to charge fans extra $$ after a lackluster event is just bad PR. I understand that the more autographs/pictures of him out there, the less value his autograph is, but it's kind of dumb to treat fans this way after the company messed up.

From a blog: "I personally witnessed kids being turned away with money in hand for TNA merchandise, and I couldn't help but shake my head at what a catastrophe my first TNA show turned out to be." Great way to make money as a small business, turn away money.

Minor blunder my arse. That's a huuuuge screw up. You have to know these things beforehand. Can't see this happening to WWE.

From a fan who was at the show, same thing happened last year to WWE when the Usos and Colons weren't allowed to wrestle. Just wasn't publicized as it wasn't TNA.