The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Destination America has cancelled TNA Impact Wrestling. It will air until the fall.

Dave Meltzer of F4WOnline.com is reporting that Destination America has made the decision to cancel all TNA Wrestling programming in the fall once the current television season ends.

According to Meltzer, the decision was made just days before the announcement that Impact would be moving to Wednesday nights and top people at the Discovery Channel were informed at that point. While the ratings were considered good, it's said that they haven't been good enough to justify the cost of having TNA programming on the network. It's reported that several station advertisers specifically haven't wanted to advertise on the show. Because it's in the best interest of both parties not to announce the decision right now, it's expected that Destination American won't publicly acknowledge the cancellation until the fall. Stay tuned for more updates.

News on Samoa Joe's WWE status

The Joe debut is pretty historic for another reason - he will become the first main event talent who first gained his national exposure on TNA programming to enter the WWE system.

Samoa Joe, who debuted for WWE at last night's NXT Takeover: Unstoppable event, is expected to work tonight's NXT TV tapings from Full Sail University. Joe has indeed agreed on a deal with WWE to work NXT and the effort to bring Joe in was spearheaded by Triple H.

For the time being, Joe will continue to work existing and future indie dates. Joe will still be working the JT Lightning Memorial Tournament this weekend in Cleveland. The deal also included merchandise, as noted earlier. The deal could grow into a full WWE-exclusive deal but as of last night, it's believed Joe has not signed an exclusive deal, according to PWInsider. This is a new type of deal for WWE but they clearly thought Joe was someone that they could try this out with.

Justin Gabriel talks about ideas for The Bunny including Vince being revealed as The Bunny, and evil Bunny.

B_51oUqWEAANbCR.jpg

"Me and Adam Rose sat down and wrote out stories to make this bunny and evil bunny, because he wanted to be a heel so bad," Black said. "We wanted to do like the Donnie Darko thing. We had an awesome mask made by the people who do The Walking Dead makeup, the same people who make Kane's masks. We had things filmed, and all of these ideas to turn this bunny into an evil, sadistic character. Adam Rose was going to be like a Marilyn Manson character. Everything got shot down. Each time I'd come up with something or Adam would come up with something, it'd get shot down. An idea that I thought was great and everyone thought as It's more frustration, it gets disheartening. It makes you lose passion for what you're doing."

Black noted that there was no long term plan for the bunny, although he thought they wanted it to end up being someone big who was returning, like a Jeff Hardy, otherwise it wouldn't have been shocking. He also revealed an idea he had for the Bunny that would have been a big surprise.

"I came up with an idea for the bunny to become really hardcore, he has dried blood all over him, sitting backstage grumpy smoking cigars," Black said. "It's like when people hit their all-time low. The bunny should be going through ladders, tables, and coming close to winning championships, but doesn't because he's too f--cked up. Then maybe the bunny gets knocked out backstage, and a ref shows up and it's Vince. That's the only shock factor it could be, if it's someone on the roster. Then Vince wakes up and just goes 'I don't know what happened. I put the suit on and I just blacked out.' Everyone loved the idea, it just never came to fruition."

That's an idea of how frustrated I was, because that was just one idea. Everyone loved it and nothing ever happened. I had so many ideas, and obviously not every single idea was great. I was just like 'nobody's ever going to listen to me here, so see ya.'"

Make sure to check back next week for the first part of my interview with Gabriel. You can check out Black in action at Legacy Wrestling's debut on June 6th at In The Net Sports Complex in Hershey, PA. You can get more details or purchase tickets by clicking here.

TNA has issued a statement disputing the report of Impact being cancelled.

Of course they would they still want people to show up for now.

Doesn't change the fact that they've been cancelled at the end of 3rd quarter though.

11259533_10153002947178198_8335249776385

Tickets on sale now for ECCW Ballroom Brawl IV.

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/eccw-wrestling-ballroom-brawl-iv-vancouver-british-columbia-07-11-2015/event/11004EACCE039651?c=LN_NAC_SMPD_LOC_Facebook_Vancouver_CommodoreBallroom_ECCWBallroomBrawlIV_PPR_Standard_O_1028213_20150520_20150523&bba=1

The first 3 sold out, as did their lucha libre event at The Commodore, I'm sure this one will as well. Only $28 bucks.

Well worth it if your a fan of wrestling.

TNA has issued a statement disputing the report of Impact being cancelled.

This kind of disputes it as well.

Discovery to Heavily Promote TNA Impact Wrestling Change

By Marc Middleton

May 23, 2015 - 8:32:54 PM

- There has been talk at TNA headquarters that Discovery, which is the parent company of Destination America, is planning to use their channels to give a big push to TNA Impact Wrestling moving to Wednesdays over the next several weeks.

Edited by Grapefruits

This kind of disputes it as well.

Discovery to Heavily Promote TNA Impact Wrestling Change

By Marc Middleton

May 23, 2015 - 8:32:54 PM

- There has been talk at TNA headquarters that Discovery, which is the parent company of Destination America, is planning to use their channels to give a big push to TNA Impact Wrestling moving to Wednesdays over the next several weeks.

Why, so it can be beat by NXT in terms of ratings? :towel:

HHH to feud with Rollins in the future. Rollins turning face.

WWE officials have begun planting seeds for a possible Triple H vs. Seth Rollins feud, according to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter. During Monday's RAW when Triple H and Stephanie McMahon threw a celebratory party for Rollins, Triple H said he sees the reflection of himself in Rollins. With that line and Rollins adopting the Pedigree, there is talk of the two WWE Superstars clashing in the future.