The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Time for Taker to pack it in. He doesn't look scary anymore, he just looks old.

You're right, but, ONE. MORE. TIME!

Give him one last run and let him fade into the sunset the way he should have before the Streak was ended.

I managed to avoid all spoilers, and be genuinely surprised. It was already said there would a swerve in this thread, and that Lesnar would not be champion, but it didn't strike me that Undertaker of all people would take the rug out from under him. I just didn't expect him to be around in a non-wrestlemania capacity ever. Even that "Undertaker is ripped" pic from earlier didn't mean anything to me at the time.

That was good.

I managed to avoid all spoilers, and be genuinely surprised. It was already said there would a swerve in this thread, and that Lesnar would not be champion, but it didn't strike me that Undertaker of all people would take the rug out from under him. I just didn't expect him to be around in a non-wrestlemania capacity ever. Even that "Undertaker is ripped" pic from earlier didn't mean anything to me at the time.

That was good.

Did you scream like a child?

My thoughts on this PPV:

giphy.gif

Cena match was good, crappy ending. The Divas match was good. Just disappointed. No Ambrose, Cesaro or Rusev. Great job Vince burying the youth in Owens, bringing back Taker for why? Sheamus vs. Orton for the gazillion time, what fun.

Overall 7.5/10 PPV For me.

Solid card, everybody tried and worked hard, Cena VS Owens could have been booked better in alot of ways, Brock VS Seth was disappointing all things considered, nice to see Taker back.

I'm honestly alot more interested in the undercard of WWE's shows than the main event anymore.

Overall 7.5/10 PPV For me.

Solid card, everybody tried and worked hard, Cena VS Owens could have been booked better in alot of ways, Brock VS Seth was disappointing all things considered, nice to see Taker back.

I'm honestly alot more interested in the undercard of WWE's shows than the main event anymore.

I don't know if they could do that Lesnar match any different with knowledge of The Undertaker showing up. He had to rob him of an obvious win, and any fight Rollins would have put up would not have been considered believable in the first place

Taker didn't have to kick him in the dick though. I guess he just want to make sure people know they're both amoral tweeners.

Cena match still left me sour though.

I used to be a huge WWF/WWE fan in the very late 90's/early 2000's so I compare today's WWE with back then and the present day just seems so terrible. Maybe it's because I'm more sentimental and attached to the WWE of back then since I "grew up" with it so I feel like it was a part of me, and a part of it is it was just better (tag division back then: edge/christian, dudley boys, hardy boys, etc.)

In saying that though, I don't watch Raw/Smackdown anymore, but I watch all the PPV's.

Orton vs. Sheamus was alright, but nothing was on the line.

Divas match was good, cool to see the nature boy's daughter.

Cena/Owens felt boring. It was the same as the last 2 PPV's where Owens keeps doing Cena's moves, Cena keeps trying to do his moves but failing. I'm a Cena fan though so I was happy he won.

Laughed hard at the whole big show/miz thing. I love how he walks out fully dressed, doesn't say a word, punches him out with one punch, doesn't say anything ,walks out.

The Lesnar/Rollins fight seemed really one sided so I figured something was going to happen, but never figured Taker would show up. I was super excited and shocked when the lights went out, but man, seeing how old and out of shape he's gotten kind of took it away. I went from pumped up to thinking just call it a career man.

Original Sting and Wyatt Family SummerSlam Plans

Bo Dallas should be the new Wyatt Family member. He's going nowhere.

Sting was originally planned to team up with Roman Reigns, and Dean Ambrose to take on Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper and Erick Rowan in a six-man tag-team match at SummerSlam, according to Dave Meltzer. With Rowan being out with an injury, WWE is looking for someone to replace him in the match. Meltzer speculated that WWE may introduce a new Wyatt Family member, but that is not confirmed by any means.

Undertaker has to be the heel with how he acted and low blow.

Bryan Alvarez mentioned on today's installment of Wrestling Observer Live that WWE has booked three long talk segments for tonight's episode of RAW. No indication on what those segments would be, but most will probably will have to do with an explanation of sorts coming out of last night's events from Battleground.

Alvarez added that we should know who is a babyface and who is a heel heading into the planned bout between Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker. He states that he highly doubts that WWE would book the match babyface against babyface.

Someone on wreddit suggested this. They think he should keep being all positive and cheerful, but also be a complete and total psychopath.

That would be amazing.

He would get over with that so quickly.

Sting is missing.

wwe-summerslam-poster.jpg

Why would they put an older picture of Undertaker with long hair on there? Makes me think it's fake.

Even though he gave a low blow last night, I can't see Undertaker at this stage in his career being booked as a heel. He's away from the show so much that fans go nuts whenever he makes an appearance. Any match he wrestles in could very well be his last at the rate he competes. I can't see him being booked as a heel, that would be a huge mistake. Even career heels, guys like Ric Flair who spent a majority of their careers as a heel went out as a face.

Why would they put an older picture of Undertaker with long hair on there? Makes me think it's fake.

Even though he gave a low blow last night, I can't see Undertaker at this stage in his career being booked as a heel. He's away from the show so much that fans go nuts whenever he makes an appearance. Any match he wrestles in could very well be his last at the rate he competes. I can't see him being booked as a heel, that would be a huge mistake. Even career heels, guys like Ric Flair who spent a majority of their careers as a heel went out as a face.

That and the fact Sting, Owens and Rusev are missing.

This explains why Owens lost. Forces within WWE want to see Owens fail.

Just seven weeks ago, Kevin Owens looked on the verge of being the next big breakthrough WWE Superstar having shocked the world by cleanly defeating John Cena at Elimination Chamber and then trolling him afterwards by giving Cena some "veteran advice" that his time is up and KO's time is now.

Now, it looks like WWE is well on course to blowing Owens' momentum, just like Rusev's and many other hot acts before him, after scripting him to lose cleanly on three straight Network specials, including a humbling tapout loss to Cena at Battleground last night. How can WWE make such a glaringly obvious mistake in cooling off a performer who could have easily been a strong headliner for many months to come off the first Cena win in the space of just a few weeks?

Even though Dave Meltzer was "at a loss for words" over the shortsightedness of Owens losing at Battleground in that manner on his latest subscriber only radio show, he still could explain why it happened. Partially it was a panic move over Cena's merchandise selling at a noticeably slower pace immediately after his Elimination Chamber defeat, which explains why he got his win back over Owens so quickly at Money In The Bank. More disturbingly, Meltzer talked about Machiavellian forces within WWE that are salivating at the prospect of Owens failing and was helping to give him enough rope to hang himself with:

"To again explain this: there were two schools of thought on Kevin Owens from the start and the basic gist was that some people thought that he was going to make it and some people thought he wasn't going to make it, and those who thought he wasn't going to make it made sure that he got every opportunity to make it or else they would be wrong. You know what I mean? I shouldn't say they would be wrong, they wouldn't prove that they were right. So now whether he makes it or he doesn't make it, there is a game going on and we're in the middle of the game."

Although Meltzer protects the name of the devious party out to get Owens, it's not hard to join the dots together to know who he's talking about.

Last year, there were rumors that WWE's Executive Vice President of Television Production Kevin Dunn was using Vince McMahon's ear to bury recent NXT call ups like Adam Rose, Bo Dallas and Paige. Dunn's reputation is that he'll bury anyone who is a threat to his position, and it is believed that Paul "Triple H" Levesque and Stephanie McMahon would replace him as soon as they gain complete control of WWE. Thus, it wouldn't be surprising if Kevin Owens is caught in the crossfires in the constant political battle for Vince McMahon's affection between his son-in-law and his long-time confidante.

We'll have more on the corporate games Kevin Dunn has been playing later this week, Cagesiders, so look out for that.