The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Piper died of cardiac arrest.

As noted, WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper has passed away at the age of 61. TMZ reports Piper passed away from natural causes at his home in Hollywood.

TMZ has updated their original report and noted that Piper died from cardiac arrest in his sleep on Thursday night. He was found on Friday.

Piper's rep told TMZ:

"I am devastated at this news. Rod was a good friend as well as a client and one of the most generous, sincere and authentic people I have ever known. This is a true loss to us all."

A family member told TMZ Piper was cancer free at the time of his death. They issued this statement:

"Our family is saddened by the sudden passing of our father and beloved husband, Roderick Toombs aka Rowdy Roddy Piper."

Aw man. That's awful. RIP Roddy Piper. One of my all time favorites.[/quote

Yep. I don't follow wrestling at all anymore, but I grew up watching wrestling in the late 80's and 90's. I was sad about this one and the Ultimate Warrior.

new siggy. if you look at how both cm punk and aj left, after the careers they've had here, it's kinda sad how wwe dropped the ball and kinda let them just fade away

Holy Crap, RIP Roddy.... I figured he'd be around for another 20-30 years. Only 61.

for a wrestler during his time, 61's a damn fine year to go at, sadly

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

Was hot-rod on roids? I dont think he was, could it be just health related eg stress?? I guess my question is why are all these wrestlers dying at a earlier age like 60's and how old is Vince. Also, didn't Vince take roids?

I believe this is a common misconception. The steroids aren't, or aren't solely, what causes the enlarged heart that leads to heart attacks. Instead, my understanding is that it has more to do with abusing pain medication. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though.

WWE refusing to take phone calls from Chyna.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UJ9W0ufUfY

Chyna's manager Anthony Anzaldo posted the following footage on Chyna's YouTube channel of himself calling WWE Headquarters on Chyna's behalf. The person manning the phones was instructed that she's not allowed to take any phone calls regarding the former WWE talent.