The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Paul Heyman is one of the best. Fantastic on the mic.

You should watch some of his old ECW promos if you haven't seen them. Sadly WWE wont allow him to speak freely. Though he is getting a lot more pull backstage.

Someone has to be the heel.

Why? Time to get rid of the whole face/heel thing and let all hell break lose!

Edited by Grapefruits

Ryback wins the Triple Threat

Reigns and Ambrose beat the Wyatts

New Day win the tag titles

Amell and Neville beat Barrett and Stardust

KO beats Cesaro

Team Bella wins the Diva's tag match

Ziggler beats Rusev

Orton beats Sheamus

Taker beats Lesnar

Cena beats Rollins OR Sheamus cashes in MITB (Ughhhhhhh)

That's how I see it going down

Edited by Guest

Is there any point in watching this company when Cena wins every-time? Seriously? Imagine Austin said no to lose to Jericho, which made Jericho's career (the undisputed champion)

Imagine The Rock put a temper tantrum when Mick Foley won the belt on raw (eg the night rating changed)

List goes on the point is, during the attitude era you had different champions - The rock, Triple H, Austin, Mick, Taker, Kane

Now with this current product it goes like this - new champ - cena - lesnar - cena - cena - cena lol how can anyone support this crap.

So far Cena or Vince or whoever calls the shot. Has successfully ruined Cesaro, Kevin Owens, Rusev, Ryder (lol) lol I jumped this wrestling wagon because of Lesnar but I must say I salute you guys to watch this garbage product for 3 hours a day. No wrestlers are put over,so how can I get behind any wrestler? When they just lose to super cena lol Seth Rollins character looks like a chicken sh*T. Roman Reigns - should be heel and Dean ambrose who knows what he is doing. Bray Wyatt had potential to be a decent star, but again Cena beats him. lol If Shamues wins, what's the point, when Cena is going to beat him in a short time?

This is the worst I seen wrestling as a fan, I am waiting for Lesnar to lose or win at summerslam and I'm gladly turning off this crap.

Enjoy kids

How dare we still enjoy wrestling in 2015! Anything not in the Attitude era blah blah. I've moved on from Suck It, thumbtacks, and brutal chair shots. Watch ROH if that's what you're into. I still don't get why stone cold is on the cover of wwe 2k over a active wrestler, let's focus on the present.

How dare we still enjoy wrestling in 2015! Anything not in the Attitude era blah blah. I've moved on from Suck It, thumbtacks, and brutal chair shots. Watch ROH if that's what you're into. I still don't get why stone cold is on the cover of wwe 2k over a active wrestler, let's focus on the present.

Over the last few years they've been doing a Showcase mode, where they go over classic rivalries. Austin is front and centre of that this year

Edited by Guest

I heard that, sounds similar to wwe 2k13 Attitude mode that felt like the year before's Wrestlemania game and the previous etc. I just wish the wwe would focus on the current roster with a fresher game story mode, instead of just going back to what worked in the past. Maybe next year's game.

Maybe Cena won't win??

Also Kevin Owens isn't ruined.

Not ruined, but largely stunted. Not saying he had to have one of the biggest guys in the company let him go over in his first feud, but if they weren't planning to have Cena lose and give the US title to him, then why match him against Cena in the first place? It made him look very weak and whiny coming out of it. It gave him a bullet-point that he keeps using in where he talks about how he beat Cena, but it carries very little weight when everyone hearing it knows he subsequently lost twice, including tapping out in the latter.

I actually hope Cesaro wins this match now, because if he were to lose it, his push would have no real steam left behind it. If he lost to a more legitimate Owens in a match up for the US title, he could get away with that, but the current possibility of losing to a rookie with one WWE win in a no-steaks match would be hard to come back from for a while.

I think it's interesting to see more interesting wrestlers come up during this time, and it's certainly better than the void of charisma and talent that permeated the company more strongly from 2005 to 2011-ish. But the company still tends to do two things wrong for any one thing it does right.

I don't nitpick every booking for every feud/match, or create dream cards in my head, but when they so often mess basic things up and subsequently validate it by letting a good opportunity fade away, it creates this scepticism to their product.The ability to accept a single result as a part of a long term plan doesn't entirely work when their long term plans don't often enough have direction in the first place. Slow burns like this Undertaker/Lesnar feud are pleasant because they're so rare.

I like unpredictability, to where the result to a match doesn't feel inevitable. And it would be easier to just sit down and watch without analysing these certain results if the warning signs they come with aren't almost always verified to be valid. Unpredictable results more often than not tend to be unexpected for the wrong reasons with them.

Is there any point in watching this company when Cena wins every-time? Seriously? Imagine Austin said no to lose to Jericho, which made Jericho's career (the undisputed champion)

Imagine The Rock put a temper tantrum when Mick Foley won the belt on raw (eg the night rating changed)

List goes on the point is, during the attitude era you had different champions - The rock, Triple H, Austin, Mick, Taker, Kane

Now with this current product it goes like this - new champ - cena - lesnar - cena - cena - cena lol how can anyone support this crap.

So far Cena or Vince or whoever calls the shot. Has successfully ruined Cesaro, Kevin Owens, Rusev, Ryder (lol) lol I jumped this wrestling wagon because of Lesnar but I must say I salute you guys to watch this garbage product for 3 hours a day. No wrestlers are put over,so how can I get behind any wrestler? When they just lose to super cena lol Seth Rollins character looks like a chicken sh*T. Roman Reigns - should be heel and Dean ambrose who knows what he is doing. Bray Wyatt had potential to be a decent star, but again Cena beats him. lol If Shamues wins, what's the point, when Cena is going to beat him in a short time?

This is the worst I seen wrestling as a fan, I am waiting for Lesnar to lose or win at summerslam and I'm gladly turning off this crap.

Enjoy kids

Cena doesn't win all the time. He wins at very stupidly inopportune times, but he does lose. Especially in the summer in recent years. Guy has lost his last four Summerslam matches, the last two very cleanly, one in a way that helped establish the Brock Lesnar we have today.* He failed to cash in his money in the bank successfully at Raw 1000. He lost to CM Punk in the awesome 2011 Money in the Bank match that put CM Punk over.

It's like some sort of karmic punishment for burying the entirety of Nexus and their insane potential during the 2010 Summer season, lol (which may have been the most egregious offence they've written for his character.)

Basically July and August have tended to be a crapty time for John Cena in recent memory. Though that pretty much that much echoes the idea that he's at his best when he has a chance to lose. He's more interesting when he's vulnerable, and the matches are more interesting when you know it's not just another LOLCENAWINS. A small handful of people have gone over by beating him, but no one has ever come out of their feud better after losing him. There's no momentum at all to be gained from it.

I praised how the match at Summerslam 2014 went down with Lesnar, but Lesnar's completely needless loss against Cena in his return match at Extreme Rules 2012 (and the entirely needless feud with HHH) created this massive need for damage control that necessitated the breaking of The Undertaker's streak and the aforementioned Summerslam squash match before he was taken completely serious again.

All things considered though you're exaggerating the situation as it stands right now, and you do sound pretty saltly, lol. I don't like seeing the same thing night in night out either in general (particularly in their emotionless 6-man tag main events), but I think someone have to be a little extra cynical to dismiss this entire Summerslam card. It's pretty good, and they bothered to build most of it. I don't like the Cena Rollins match for the reason I listed in my previous post, and if he does win it will put a damper on things for the reasons you've listed. But a card like this doesn't need souring before it even goes down in the books.

* (The other in 2013, Daniel Bryan was buried 5 minutes later, and it required massive amounts of fan complaining to force their hand at fixing it the next year at Wrestlemania. Not the fault of Cena's character obviously, but he didn't go over that night, and would have stayed buried buried until the fans did something about it. I like it when the fans manage to use their powers of complaining for good, even if I do ultimately feel sorry for Batista after the fact, lol.)

Looking at the current card, I've kind of changed my mind about the 4th hour now. It does look like it could really be a Wrestlemania like event. The card is no worse than the one they decided to go with at Wrestlemania, and the number of matches in the show is still low. As longs as they're not overly stuffing it with vignettes, advertisements and replays, there's going to be a seriously long amount of time for people to wrestle and show their stuff. And like I said before, they have a lot of good wrestlers and better than usual stories to feed into it.

It doesn't have the kind of excitement that Wrestlemania does as this is there first time around in trying to match it and there's no precedent, but I do think the general aura surrounding it is creating something that wouldn't be there at any previous PPV. Basically I'm hoping the execution is anywhere near as good as the promise.

Possible Spoiler on Kane returning at SummerSlam

During today's installment of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer speculated that Kane will return at Sunday's SummerSlam event to cost Brock Lesnar his match against The Undertaker. Meltzer mentioned that Kane would come back to seek revenge on Brock "breaking" his leg before he was written off WWE television to film an upcoming movie. He said that if Taker is going to play the heel role and get a victory over The Beast, this would be the way to book it.