The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

12 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

It would depend on whether it was kayfabe ability or just our favourites. My team would look entirely different for both.

well it would be who you think could balance out both raw and smackdown. the only problem with a brand spit is the world heavyweight title. the goal, if you think about it would be to get OUT of smackdown but like any sport, the defending champion is still in the league (wwe) so the champ, any champion (world, intercontinental, womens) are all exempt and can be on either show, so the draft, you'd build around guys that arent the champion cause back in the day, you had the wwe title on raw, world title on smackdown. that made no sense to begin with. now that theres one one title for each category, i would think they'd be smarter and not draft champions to one show

if that make any sense at all, this gives more emphasis on the championships and on raw and smackdown, comes to a number one contenders match from both brands for the title (i would hope they done bring in some bragging rights bullcrap again) and gives more incentive to buy in to the wwe network that the only way you can see "raw vs. smackdown" is on ppv which would be fresh, especially if it's for a shot at any of the titles

problem with that being is gutting nxt to fill out both rosters. thats why i dont see a brand split

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

2 Main reasons why the brand split will not happen;

1. WWE does not have the Roster depth.

2.It has not been long enough since the WWE World Heavyweight Title was established, I don't think they want another belt on the cards; considering they didn't even have the Tag Titles up for grabs at mania, do we really want another unappreciated title running around? Hell No.

If they do a roster split now;

It would have be NXT VS WWE, for the simple fact that they already have a title established, and because Vince is probably looking for a way to take NXT out behind the shed and put a bullet in it's head before it becomes a threat to him.

You'd have to do the champions competing on both shows. Possibly put greater emphasis on the US title or Intercontinental title as Smackdown's main championship. If I were booking I'd probably do this split:

Raw:
Roman Reigns
Seth Rollins

John Cena
Randy Orton
Dolph Ziggler
Dudley Boys
New Day
Enzo and Cass
Apollo Crews
Baron Corbin
League of Nations
Big Show
Brock Lesnar
The Rock
Wyatt Family
Chris Jericho
Kane
Neville 
Miz 
Rusev
Zack Ryder
Sami Zayn 
Ryback 
Total Divas

Smackdown:
Dean Ambrose
Kevin Owens
AJ Styles
Cesaro 
Lucha Dragons
Usos 
Colons 
Social Outcast
Damien Sandow
Fandango
Goldust and Truth
Stardust
Ascension 
Tyler Breeze
Tyson Kidd
Mark Henry
Samoa Joe
Four Horsewomen 
Team BAD and Blonde

Obviously injury free roster.

Edited by TheHitman

5 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

You'd have to do the champions competing on both shows. Possibly put greater emphasis on the US title or Intercontinental title as Smackdown's main championship. If I were booking I'd probably do this split:

Spoiler

Raw:
Roman Reigns
Seth Rollins

John Cena
Randy Orton
Dolph Ziggler
Dudley Boys
New Day
Enzo and Cass
Apollo Crews
Baron Corbin
League of Nations
Big Show
Brock Lesnar
The Rock
Wyatt Family
Chris Jericho
Kane
Neville 
Miz 
Rusev
Zack Ryder
Sami Zayn 
Ryback 
Total Divas

Smackdown:
Dean Ambrose
Kevin Owens
AJ Styles
Cesaro 
Lucha Dragons
Usos 
Colons 
Social Outcast
Damien Sandow
Fandango
Goldust and Truth
Stardust
Ascension 
Tyler Breeze
Tyson Kidd
Mark Henry
Samoa Joe
Four Horsewomen 
Team BAD and Blonde

Someone already brought it up, but roster depth. I get that even with split rosters, Smackdown would still be the B show, but then you have to ask if KO and ambrose could consistently carry it. Answer is probably no. Orton might be a fit, but at this point in his career, with all his injuries I don't think he'd want to. 

7 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Raw:
Roman Reigns
Seth Rollins

John Cena
Randy Orton
Dolph Ziggler
Dudley Boys
New Day
Enzo and Cass
Apollo Crews
Baron Corbin
League of Nations
Big Show
Brock Lesnar
The Rock
Wyatt Family
Chris Jericho
Kane
Neville 
Miz 
Rusev
Zack Ryder
Sami Zayn 
Ryback 
Total Divas

Smackdown:
Dean Ambrose
Kevin Owens
AJ Styles
Cesaro 
Lucha Dragons
Usos 
Colons 
Social Outcast
Damien Sandow
Fandango
Goldust and Truth
Stardust
Ascension 
Tyler Breeze
Tyson Kidd
Mark Henry
Samoa Joe
Four Horsewomen 
Team BAD and Blonde

Man, that roster really makes me wonder, where the hell have all the heels gone?

Ah, the good old "hair dryer pop". The audio editing has been pathetic for a while. It's one of the main things that turned me off the WWE 10 years ago and kept me away for 5 straight. Watching them manipulate audience sentiments to fit their made up narratives was always frustrating. I still struggle to turn into Smackdown because of it today. It's probably better quality than Raw, and has Mauro Ranallo on commentary, but those fake cheers make me feel like I'm being treated like an idiot more than Raw does because of it. And Raw treats me like an idiot enough, as is. Lol.

8 hours ago, Spotted Zebra said:

Someone already brought it up, but roster depth. I get that even with split rosters, Smackdown would still be the B show, but then you have to ask if KO and ambrose could consistently carry it. Answer is probably no. Orton might be a fit, but at this point in his career, with all his injuries I don't think he'd want to. 

They have more than enough talent to do a split. I'd argue this is the most talented their roster has ever been top to bottom. That includes the period after all the WCW guys started trickling in with their new contracts, which is what caused them to do the split the first time around.

What they don't have is star power, and they don't have that because they continue to make conscious decisions to avoid having stars. They've been allowing only one at a time for a while. That's the biggest single reason for the aforementioned my going cold turkey on the WWE 10 years ago.

I don't know whether they should actually split the brands, but they do need to manage their talent better nonetheless. 

Original WM plans had Ambrose vs Jericho. Jericho would have ended up turning on Ambrose, similar to how Y2J turned on Styles. Everything changed once WWE signed AJ. Ambrose/Jericho feud was teased on SD.

Been waiting for Ambrose/Jericho feud since the plans were seeded back when Jericho was the "mystery partner" teaming with Roman and Ambrose vs Wyatt Family at 2015 NOC. Jericho made a blind tag and lost the match. Jericho blew off Roman and Ambrose post-match and walked off.

32 minutes ago, the last outlaw said:

Tyler Breeze is 0-49 so far in 2016.

That's got to be some kind of record...

It's no secret that Tyler Breeze hasn't been viewed as much of a priority to WWE since making his transition from NXT to the main roster, but at least he has a good sense of humor about it. 

Breeze took to social media earlier this week to respond to a fan who pointed out that he has lost in each of his 49 matches thus far in 2016. Breeze jokingly responded, "I win so much at life, must be the [WWE] Universe squaring things up." 

While some might be confused why Breeze is seemingly satisfied with his career despite being used so poorly since being "called up," he also responded to a fan earlier this week that asked him if he would like to go back to NXT and in his response, Breeze shed some light on why he appears fine with the way things are going. 

"Just went to the bank," Breeze wrote in response to the fan who asked if he would like to go back to NXT after seeing how things are going on the main roster thus far. "I'm good." 

Bahahaha.

Edited by Chris

TNA is moving their headquarters to a warehouse in Tennessee. It's apparently the same one used for shoptna.com operations. Embarrassing.

PWInsider.com reports that TNA is reportedly moving their headquarters to a Tennessee warehouse, the same one used for ShopTNA.com operations. Currently they are based at the Cummins Station in Nashville, Tennessee. The move is set to happen in early May and has been planned for a while.