The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Magnus's mic skills > Barrett

Magnus's look > Barrett

Magnus's wrestling > Barrett

Magnus's booking > Barrett

Barrett's just a crapty replacement for what Nigel was supposed to be in WWE. Doesn't help that he barely can wrestle and needs to steal NXT dudes moves.

Speaking of stealing people's moves....doesn't Magnus use the cloverleaf as a finisher? Also, his Mag driver looks fairly similar to the Michinoku driver.

Coming from a guy who only watches TNA, your opinion doesn't really mean much. I however watch both companies and even though I'm pro WWE, it doesn't take an internet smark to know Barrett is better than Magnus.

Edited by Snozberries

Speaking of stealing people's moves....doesn't Magnus use the cloverleaf as a finisher? Also, his Mag driver looks fairly similar to the Michinoku driver.

Coming from a guy who only watches TNA, your opinion doesn't really mean much. I however watch both companies and even though I'm pro WWE, it doesn't take an internet smark to know Barrett is better than Magnus.

Is anyone else in TNA using the Cloverleaf or Michinoku driver? I seem to remember Barrett coming back to TV with a gimmick and finishing move eerily similar to that of Kassius Ohno/Chris Hero's right as he was rumoured to be brought up. Talk about stepping on a guy's toes.

I watch a lot more than only TNA, in fact if anyone here watches every minute of WWE in a week, I still probably watch more with ROH, DGUSA, NJPW, RevPro, AAA, DG Infinity, PWG, etc. The only reason I don't talk about those is I doubt anybody else here watches them.

Edited by TheHitman

I'd love to see Austin come back.

I'm sure they'd waste it though and have him face Cena :picard:

They would probably try too.

Barrett > Magnus.

No.

Magnus >>> Barrett

they won't have him do anything cause he'll most likely shoot it down. pretty sure he's made it clear many times, his one match would be with cm punk. he even alluded to that on his latest podcast where he interviewed.. himself. he brought up something regarding the business today (pretty much buried the PG product) and what it takes to be a good face and a good heel. he brought up "stone cold" was "the grey in a black and white environment." couldn't tell if he was a heel or a face. that's pretty much what cm punk is today. blur the line of face and heel

cena already had the rub against the rock

Thank god, Rock should have done that too.

Stone Colds return would just be far too great to waste on super Cena, it would be great to see him and Punk get 20+ minutes at next years mania.

Barrett's mic skills > Magnus.

Barrett's brawling skills > Magnus.

Barrett's persona > Magnus.

Barrett is also better at gaining heat from the crowd.

Magnus's look > Barrett

Magnus's in ring work > Barrett

Magnus's persona >>>> Barrett

Magnus is entertaining. Barrett puts you to sleep, thats the biggest difference between the 2.

I agree, magnus is still pretty good though. I think he would do better in WWE than TNA.

Nah he would get buried in WWE or fed to Cena, he is much better off in TNA.

Really? I can't list one great match Barrett's ever had. That's not the case for Magnus.

This.

Barrett is garbage. Maybe he has skills and WWE is just holding him down, but right now he is just boring as hell.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

Is anyone else in TNA using the Cloverleaf or Michinoku driver? I seem to remember Barrett coming back to TV with a gimmick and finishing move eerily similar to that of Kassius Ohno/Chris Hero's right as he was rumoured to be brought up. Talk about stepping on a guy's toes.

I watch a lot more than only TNA, in fact if anyone here watches every minute of WWE in a week, I still probably watch more with ROH, DGUSA, NJPW, RevPro, AAA, DG Infinity, PWG, etc. The only reason I don't talk about those is I doubt anybody else here watches them._

What does that matter?

That's like saying Owen Hart sucks, because he's copying the Sharpshooter from Bret, when Bret was using it as his finisher.

Besides, the elbow to the head is such a generic move that just about every superstar can make it his own (Jericho, Punk, Christian, etc).

Lol I think Thursday was the first time I actually paid attention to Magnus. I don't get why you guys drool over him. He might be alright but he's definitely not "there" yet.

As for tonight, going with Henry, Shield, Axel, Y2J, AJ, Barrett, Bryan, Ziggler.

Lol I think Thursday was the first time I actually paid attention to Magnus. I don't get why you guys drool over him. He might be alright but he's definitely not "there" yet.

As for tonight, going with Henry, Shield, Axel, Y2J, AJ, Barrett, Bryan, Ziggler.

Same here but I got Cena and Del Rio retaining.

What does that matter?

That's like saying Owen Hart sucks, because he's copying the Sharpshooter from Bret, when Bret was using it as his finisher.

Besides, the elbow to the head is such a generic move that just about every superstar can make it his own (Jericho, Punk, Christian, etc).

The situation with Bret and Owen was much different than Ohno and Barrett. Again, it's not only the move, it's the whole gimmick and character that Barrett's stolen.

Wade Barrett: Bareknuckle Brawler

Kassius Ohno: The Young Knockout Kid

The WWE already mentioned Barrett was a bare knuckle brawler (back in his NXT days) way before they signed Kassius to a contract.

Plus, it's not really a gimmick of Barrett, when its a fact that he is a bare knuckle boxer in real life.

The WWE already mentioned Barrett was a bare knuckle brawler (back in his NXT days) way before they signed Kassius to a contract.

Plus, it's not really a gimmick of Barrett, when its a fact that he is a bare knuckle boxer in real life.

Wasn't Barrett just a generic wrestler in NXT? They only used him that season because Nigel wasn't willing to do what WWE's medical team suggested. They switched Barrett's character much after Ohno had started doing it in FCW and NXT.