The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Yeah I've been watching TNA on and off since 2006.

I was watching TNA prior in 07 when they were going the Styles/Angle storyline with Karen and I really liked it. Then I started watching again prior to Hogan coming in in 09, then once he came in I kept watching, then after a bit I just stopped watching all together, gave it a chance last year, watched for a solid 2 month then the Aces and Eights thing just killed it. (Pre Bully it was terrible)

Now I started watching again and I love it, its been really good, the Aces & Eights thing has finally turned the corner (though I wish they would get away this Brooke Hogan thing) and the matches are good, and I like alot of the things they are doing.

WWE on the other hand I followed week to week for a solid 3 years. (06-09) But after awhile it just got old. Since then WWE has just become worse IMO. To the point of it being terrible, I had given it chances here and there since then and just couldn't get back into it.

Now its just bad, the roster is nothing close to what it use to be, they have the talent in the wrestlers to make it good again but the booking is absolute garbage, before you had alot of top end guys on both shows, and you had really good guys on the mid card scene. (I think of Kennedy, MVP, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy until he got his push, Lashley when he was on SD, exc)

Now the undercard is garbage and they have a limited supply of mainevent talent IMO (compared to before, they still have quite a few guys) cause everyone is fed to Cena instead of them switching it up to build more talent.

Aces and Eights hasn't been interesting for like the last 2 years.

I agree I tried watching a bit of it off and on and it dragged on too long and no matter how much TNA fanboys argue that they made sense of Bully being the leader I just never have and never will buy the explanation it just seemed lazily put together. And to make matters worse having Sting bring back MEM because nobody in the back helped him yet includes Angle, Joe and Magnus... You know those guys that didn't help him... Just crappy booking all around which is too bad because TNA has some quality in ring workers.

Hogan said those things.

On the topic of TNA, Tara was released.

Oh okay, Hogan also called Bischoff a B***h.

Bischoff isn't the future, he can't do anything other than bump, Abyss/Park is already better than Cena though he will never be a face of the company type guy.

And yeah I heard about that, its fine she wasn't being used as apart of anything really.

tara's better off retiring. she's done pretty much everything there is to do in the business, unless she decides to sign back with the E to help out the younger girls coming up

Would be good, Sara Del Rey is doing a good job with the divas right now too, I have noticed the new up and coming divas have been much better lately compared to the last few years before she was trainer. Adding victoria/lisa/tara in there would really help out as well. Edited by Keslerific

not sure how her knee is since it's braced up hard over the years but if they brought her back on seasonal training or having a couple matches to put over the younger ladies, that would be nice, kind of how jericho does now with the younger talent. the women don't really have that seasoned veteran to help them get over

Now I'll never watch Smackdown

Brad Maddox comes out and announces the return of RVD to SmackDown. Vince then announces that Vickie Guerrero is the new SmackDown General Manager. Vickie then cuts a promo about how she hates all of us.

Why can't she just go away? :picard:

Edited by Guest

Now I'll never watch Smackdown

Why can't she just go away? :picard:

She has a lifelong contract or something. She's there forever =D I wouldnt mind her as a manager helping a young talent get heat. I like how WWE is bringing back more managers and valets right now.

She has a lifelong contract or something. She's there forever =D I wouldnt mind her as a manager helping a young talent get heat. I like how WWE is bringing back more managers and valets right now.

It's her voice that I just cannot stand. It like a drill right into your brain. It's horrible.

watching the wyatt family segment on raw. that was a real good promo by bray. i hate the "what" chants... so much. the crowd really knows how to kill a good segment

I'm so stoked for Bray Wyatt, that segment was awesome. The entrance was awesome as well. Looking forward to see what the WWE does with the Wyatt family, hopefully they don't book them poorly after a big impact start.

well they didn't really have a huge impact. just taking out kane, but that's good for them. it wasn't like how the shield made their debut and was on the main event scene for a bit. what the E is doing with the wyatts is just easing them in. at some point they and the shield will clash. that just has to happen at some point. i just have a feeling that the path that the wyatts are going will eventually cross with the shield