The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

eh. right guy won

mr anderson... does not care about this aces and 8's crap anymore

Yeah, Anderson is still pretty entertaining though, I like the goofy layer he has to him.

well this whole lawyer thing now... it's just so stupid

Yeah this part of the storyline is dumb. Can't wait till they move past it, and the Aces & Eights thing in general.

only thing good about velvet is her ass

And her rack.

oh hell yeah

it's sad that their women's title looks better than their world title

To be fair it looks better than the WWE title and the Divas title also :lol:

But I think the TNA world title looks good, although nothing will compare to the classic World Title WWE has. That title is easily the best out of any in either company IMO.

I have to wait until Impact is uploaded online to see it.

Then I'll skip most of it like always.

Aside from the parts about the main storyline, the matches were all pretty good, I don't think you will have to skip much.

can't argue with that. although the new wwe title is slowly growing on me. it's just so... bland, but i'm a huge mark for the white strap a la the intercontinental title

Yeah I like the mid card titles, the US title has always been one of my favorites, and the Intercontinental looks good aswell. The WWE title is growing on me a bit too, but still its not really something I'm a huge fan of, it just screams "PG Era" too much for me.

also... you now, i like kevin nash as much as the next guy. seems like a bit of a prick most of the times, especially towards the internet community, but he's a nice enough guy to tell some amazing stories of back in the day and on the road and stuff, but some of the things he says from time to time... :picard:

WWE legend Kevin Nash was interviewed earlier this week by Chad Dukes of 106.7 the Fan DC/CBS Radio. Here are some highlights of what he said about:

His Previous Comments About Punk & Bryan Being Too Small: “I’ll always feel that way… when they made the movie Avengers, Scarlett Johannsen, Hawkeye and Captain America did not fit with Thor and Hulk.

“People want that. Ryback got pushed to the moon because he had that look. People want to see that. You get over faster if you look like you’re a monster. I don’t take anything away from… I wanna see a 6’5″ guy get on the mound and throw a 110mph fast ball. I really don’t want to see some guy doin’ the Maddox [former MLB Pitcher Greg Maddox] and cuttin’ the corners and all that. I appreciate it, but I wanna see somebody come in there and throw 3 pitches, 110mph, strike the guy out.”

Daniel Bryan: “I would love for him to carry me.”

no one tell him who the tna champion is

in the same interview he puts over the shield. weird stuff.

Oh and one other thing about TNA.

I loved that backstage segment with EY & Park where they were talking and Park was like

"No I don't remember it at all" and EY replied "Well I'm basically a scientist now so I can help you" :lol: LOL

EY is just great, wish he was there full time.

eric young and joe park are the best characters. at first i hated park's gimmick but it's great

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

i bit. i dunno how to feel about that one. i knew that day was coming soon, but i guess to further some kind of story... i dunno i'm mildly interested now

I didn't want to read at first, but just decided to go ahead and do it anyways. Looks like just plain jane shows in the next couple weeks. I always read Smackdown ones regardless though lol.

And I'll never forgive Kevin Nash for spoiling a big moment in Breaking Bad for me. What a chicken.

Lol, this isn't good

Current TNA Stars Contacting WWE

Several talents on the TNA roster have reached out to WWE as of late, reports F4WOnline, about getting out of their current deals. However, it's being said WWE refuses to talk to them while their under contract with TNA.

While WWE might not talk to TNA talent directly, it's being reported that WWE is in fact monitoring the status of their contracts.

There's not much of an update on Matt Morgan, but F4WOnline is reporting he'll likely return to WWE before the end of the year.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/275793-wwe-announcer-changes-current-tna-stars-contacting-wwe

that roster is so thin right now i wouldn't be surprised some of them want to jump ship, but wwe won't have anything to do with them until their contracts are up

especially with the jesse sorensen fiasco. dude broke his neck for that company, but i guess letting go of "dead weight" is a classy move by the company

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

Since Jesse Sorensen announced on Monday that he had been released from his TNA contract, there's been a lot of outrage and resentment towards TNA for releasing someone who had suffered a broken neck working for the company. That negative response to Sorensen's release certainly amplified the #askdixie Twitter madness that took place over the course of the week when TNA President Dixie Carter began requesting questions from fans for her to answer. That request, obviously, came with the worst possible timing for the online audience.

Over the course of the last week, a number of people within TNA have discussed the circumstances leading to the decision to release Sorensen, so here are the confirmed details from the TNA side of things.

As previously noted, Sorensen release was made from a financial perspective, as the company is re-evaluating just about every employee and seeing where they can streamline things financially to better reflect the financial realities of taking TNA and turning Impact Wrestling into a full-time touring road show, instead of something based out of one location.

Sorensen was being paid a wage much higher than someone in his usual position as a production assistant would have received. This was TNA trying to help Sorensen as he recovered from his broken neck. At the time of the injury, he was on a TNA deal that paid him per appearance. TNA later signed him to a monthly guarantee where he paid no matter what and he was paid during his recovery period without being asked to do anything.

When TNA went on the road, the decision was made that Sorensen would then put to work as a PA, basically making sure everyone who was needed for the taping had signed in and confirmed they were present, then bringing talents to different areas they were needed for filming of promos, vignettes, etc. So, he was being paid a good salary for 2-3 days' work a month. The mindset behind that, we were told, was to give Sorensen the chance to learn some additional production skills that he could take elsewhere and have some additional work under him.

When the financial cutbacks began, TNA found themselves in a position where they began cutting staff - wrestlers and otherwise It is an across the board situation - wrestlers, office, production, etc. are all in the process of being reviewed with some being let go and others being given more responsibility.

Sources indicate that when Sorensen came up for review, he was in a position where he was making more than the average TNA staffer that could also handle the responsibilities, but wasn't working full-time. So, it was a case of the company being stuck with a choice of cutting someone who could handle more for less or someone who was being paid a lot more to do very little. From a bottom line perspective, TNA's hands were tied. They were not in a position where they could afford, right not, to keep anyone who they couldn't prove was pulling his weight. In his position, Sorensen wasn't, not in comparison to others who would be cut in his place.

Some have asked why Sorensen wasn't just given a different deal or asked to do more. Sorensen wanting to return to the ring was another factor that strongly worked against him while the company was reviewing him. There was a feeling within the company that despite the fact they were assisting him and helping him move on to whatever the next stage of his life would be, Sorensen was still pushing TNA to allow him to take independent wrestling dates and even let him back in a TNA ring. So, the company was trying to help him and assist him and he was more interested in getting back in the ring and potentially hurting himself, as opposed to learning more about the production aspect of the company.

It should be noted that Sorensen's recovery is nothing short of miraculous as he was initially expected to be a permanent quadriplegic. Within days, however, he began being able to walk again and all accounts are that he can do anything he wants physically - but cannot take the physical punishment that comes with contact sports or an activity like pro wrestling. Sorensen, however, has pushed himself to return to the ring and has, at times, trained to return inside the ring we are told. This led to issues with TNA. There were numerous occasions where Sorensen was told he could not take dates without getting himself medically cleared, which just wasn't going to happen given the reality his circumstances. We are told that Sorensen pushing to be allowed to wrestle during the same time that he was being paid higher than normal rates to do very little certainly worked against him.

TNA sources also noted that when Sorensen was first injured, the company did everything in their power to assist him financially and with his medical bills, as well as flying in and paying for his mother to remain with him as he recovered, then signed him to a guaranteed deal in order to make sure he had money coming in.

The Sorensen release, by all accounts, was one that TNA did struggle with, especially considering the circumstances. He was well liked personally and TNA sources indicate that they wanted to help him all they could, but they were in a situation where they had to make hard choices, and one of those choices was that Sorensen needed to be released from his contract - especially when he was pushing for things the company wasn't willing to allow him to do.

It should be noted that Sorensen has been soliciting bookings on his Twitter account, so it would appear he is still planning to pursue a return to the ring. So, while he has not publicly stated he would be wrestling, he is certainly looking to make appearances, something that a few people in TNA have expressed concern about privately.

Edited by TheHitman

eric young and joe park are the best characters. at first i hated park's gimmick but it's great

Yeah I really enjoy those 2.

that roster is so thin right now i wouldn't be surprised some of them want to jump ship, but wwe won't have anything to do with them until their contracts are up

especially with the jesse sorensen fiasco. dude broke his neck for that company, but i guess letting go of "dead weight" is a classy move by the company

I don't see what the big deal is, Vince has been letting go of injured wrestlers for years going back to the WWF days, atleast TNA kept him around for awhile to give him a few paychecks.

As for the talent thing, I'm not too worried, the main guys that are important will stay.

Just started watching Impact. This Lawyer thing :picard:

"Don't make me rock your world"

I know that angle is stupid, the matches are good though.

Edited by Smashian Kassian