The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Guys like Piper , Valentine, Beefcake , Ric Flair , Hulkster are still alive though

It struck me that all those guys started their careers before steroids and the like were 'necessary' - ie that they built up their bodies in a more natural way than the likes of Warrior, Davey Boy etc. Just a thought - Flair's never had a body that any of his fellow pros would be 'jealous of', yet he's had the longest career of all!

Only just catching up on WWE after some years away - Taker's Streak ending and Warrior dying drew me back - why did CM Punk leave? What's the story there?

No-one knows reason/reasons why Punk left. It's been kept quiet and he hasn't said anything publicly since departing. He was banged up from injuries, fed up of travel, unhappy about not main eventing WM and also didn't want to work HHH at this year WM's which was the plan, but once he left that all changed and Bryan was slotted into the spot.

• Upvote 1

Surprised no-one has mentioned about Nancy Grace. Last night was discussing Warrior and made very disrespectful comment about Owen. She stated Owen's death was because of drug abuse. Many within the industry are commenting on social media and asking she apologize.

Edited by J529

Owen's older brother Smith Hart issued a statement on Facebook:

"I think our beloved sister-in-law Martha as well as my entire family should be tremendously offended by the implication of Nancy Grace that my brother Owens demise had anything to do with drugs or steroids. For her to attempt to capitalize on Warrior's death while his family grieves for personal choices he may have made more than 20 years ago is a sad to day for what passes as journalism today. Breaking news; Many rock stars snorted cocaine in the 80's. Perhaps we should shut down the entire music industry. We should not buy into any of their such ridiculous libelous statements. We will hear official details from the coroner this weekend and not from some gossip journalist."

Iron Sheik tweeted: "Nancy Grace YOU FAT DUMB ****** I beat the frack out of you talk bad about my wrestling brother. GO frack YOURSELF YOU DEAD DOG WHORE"

Zeb Colter tweeted: "If anybody receives an email entitled NANCY GRACE NUDE, do not open it. It's not a virus. It really is Nancy Grace nude. @NancyGraceHLN @WWE" "#boycottnancy @NancyGraceHLN RETWEETS REQUESTED. Wrong fan base to piss off Nancy."

Cody tweeted: "Why are folks surprised by @NancyGraceHLN ?? She got dumped by a pro-wrestler in the 80s' and started a life quest to be just awful... ...if she was remotely confident in her accusations, she'd interview an active talent, yet she won't do that because she'd have a... ..."Mark Cuban/Skip Bayless" situation, and she would come-off as the ignorant sweathog she actually is."

DDP issues statement on appearing on Nancy Grace:

"I went on Nancy Grace last night expecting to discuss Warrior the man. Had I known the only topic discussed would be steroids I would not have participated. At the time I was also unaware of the list that was shown to the viewing audience. To imply that all of the wrestlers on that list died from steroids was wrong and for that they owe the families an apology. Again, my only intention was to discuss Warrior the man and share some stories about how dedicated he was to the wrestling business. I am saddened that was not what happened and my thoughts remain with his family.

DDP"

Edited by J529

Sting has signed with WWE

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Sting has indeed signed a deal with WWE. There's no word yet on details regarding what role he will play but he is scheduled to be on TV, but not right away. It's said that the deal has been close to being done for a while but now it has been signed. Sting's assumption was that he would work with The Undertaker, which many expected, but that's up in the air with Taker's future now in question. The deal includes Sting being on television, but whether that's as a regular character or just to build for one match at next year's WrestleMania, that isn't clear. He obviously won't be a full-time wrestler.

Sting has signed with WWE

I know it was gonna happen but finally he comes to WWE! I just really hope Taker can do one more next year at WM31 with Sting...It will be a great moment for both, having their final match against each other. Something that has been a decade in the making.

I know it was gonna happen but finally he comes to WWE! I just really hope Taker can do one more next year at WM31 with Sting...It will be a great moment for both, having their final match against each other. Something that has been a decade in the making.

If Taker can't do it and his career is over, I do wonder what they will do with him.

Awhile back there was report of Sting becoming GM and with Vickie leaving, I wonder if that might happen. All depends on what happens with Taker.

Only just catching up on WWE after some years away - Taker's Streak ending and Warrior dying drew me back - why did CM Punk leave? What's the story there?

I think he was fed up with the WWE and how its run, aswell as injuries.

Surprised no-one has mentioned about Nancy Grace. Last night was discussing Warrior and made very disrespectful comment about Owen. She stated Owen's death was because of drug abuse. Many within the industry are commenting on social media and asking she apologize.

Ya I was gunna post something about that. Saw that last night. Just ridiculous these people trying to get the sexy story & take advantage of tragedy

I still hope not.

It would be horrible IMO. The build would be awesome, but this years Mania proved Taker doesn't have it anymore, Sting doesn't either. It would be a terrible match.

Just look at Magnus/Sting at BFG, good build, there was hope Magnus could carry Sting to a good match but the entire thing fell flat. And Magnus is a better worker now than Taker is.

I'm not 100% sure what I would do with Sting.

Maybe have him join Daniel Bryan's side against the Authority. Or Feud Lesnar.

I just wish Sting had signed with WWE 10 years ago, not now. But good for him, hopefully he has enough in the tank for a couple solid matches to wrap up his career. Not sure who I'd want him to work with on this roster right now if he's limited to one or a few matches.

Hell yeah Eric Young is the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion!

I don't see EY holding the title very long. He either drops it back to Magnus at Impact next week or at PPV. TNA's way of "thank you" to EY for his years of services. Similar to Sabin's short reign.

TNA copied WWE by having EY win right after Bryan won at WM.

Edited by J529

Backstage news on Undertaker and The Streak

Referee Chad Patton did not know that The Undertaker would be losing to Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania XXX. He was told Taker was winning but the rule every referee is told is that if the guys don't kick out, you continue the count. Right after the match ended, Lesnar whispered in Taker's ear, "Thank you." Apparently the decision to end The Streak was finalized on March 31st. Only a few people knew the outcome before WrestleMania Sunday. The group of people that knew were most likely Vince McMahon, Taker, Lesnar, Paul Heyman, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon. None of the agents were aware. The actual script for the show did not have a finish listed but this didn't raise any red flags because that's not unusual for WrestleMania and it wasn't the only match that didn't have a finish listed. Whether or not The Undertaker is done, Vince was going on the assumption that this was his last match and he could either win or lose. McMahon chose the idea that it's better to lose on your way out. One person close to the situation said Vince talked Taker into losing. Another person, who would also be in the know, described it as Vince making the call and Taker agreeing, and that he wasnt talked into doing something he didnt want to do. Losing was not Taker's original decision but he was in on it and never protested the decision. Perhaps, like he thought in 2010, if he was going to lose, maybe he thought Lesnar was
the guy to lose to. There were many people within WWE very unhappy about The Streak ending but couldn't say so publicly.

Edited by J529

Flair won't be part of Evoluton

- Before WrestleMania XXX, WWE had been planning The Shield vs. Evolution for Extreme Rules. If they go that direction, it's said that Ric Flair will not be a part of the group with Batista, Triple H and Randy Orton.