The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

TNA payed Matt Hardy double his usual appearance fee. This won't go over too well with all the top talent they've let let go because of financial issues.

For indie appearances, Matt Hardy usually charges $1,500, plus hotel and transportation, plus another $300 for his wife Reby Sky. It's said that TNA paid him around double that for his appearances at the New York City tapings this past week. Matt is still not signed to TNA or Ring of Honor and wants to continue working for both promotions, even though that may not be possible. Hard gave the impression that he's not looking to sign a contract to work as a regular for any company. Hardy said on a recent episode of Wrestling Observer Radio that he made enough money in WWE that he's financially set for life but working indies allows him to earn a decent income and stay involved with wrestling.

Edited by J529

News on Jericho's return and how long he's back for.

Chris Jericho's return to WWE is not a short quick in and out, PWInsider.com has confirmed. WWE sources indicate that Jericho is figured into WWE's current creative plans through the 9/21 Night of Champions PPV in Nashville, TN.

Best part of RAW last night was how they opened the show with HHH talking for fifteen minutes.

Creative GENIUS I tell's yah....

tbh its better then the whole bray wyatt thing. I know most people are down with it but I just find them irritating and the fact that theyre immediate contenders is kind of lame too.

I did enjoy swagger throwing rusev out of the ring. He'll probably lose in the end but its about time someone got in rusevs face.

Sure hope Angle returns to WWE for one last run. Lots of opponents and feuds he could have.

Curious as to what the major announcement is regarding Punk's status.

-Going into Money In the Bank this past week, one of the key topics within WWE was the direction of feuds going into Battleground and SummerSlam. WWE is short on top babyfaces, which is one of the reasons why the company hasn’t turned Sheamus and why Chris Jericho was brought back. Brock Lesnar is coming back soon but obviously as a top heel.

- There is some concern that Bray Wyatt is getting lost in the shuffle and they are focused on getting him into the new feud with Jericho and keeping his momentum. Of course, there is a lot of concern that Daniel Bryan’s momentum has been lost as well.

- Going into the pay-per-view, WWE was banking on the traditional Money In the Bank ladder match to be a shower-saver and so far we’ve seen fans praise that match more than the other.

- Chris Jericho will be on Smackdown to address the Wyatt attack.

- Emma was arrested for theft of an iPod case at the Walmart. WWE has been informed of the incident regarding Emma's arrest. WWE issued the following statement to PWInsider this afternoon in regards to Emma's arrest at a Walmart in Hartford, CT on Monday saying "WWE is aware that Tenille Dashwood (WWE Diva Emma) was arrested for shoplifting. Ms. Dashwood is ultimately responsible for her personal actions." Officials remain puzzled as to why Emma did such a thing and the latest word we are getting shouldn't come to a surprise to many that she will inevitably be released from the company.

- Expect a major announcement soon regarding CM Punk's WWE status as his contract reportedly expires on or around the 17th of this month.

- As seen on Raw, AJ Lee re-captured the women's title. WWE has planted the seeds for what many call a 'double turn'. AJ Lee will be working as a face.

- Kurt Angle has told close friends as well as a few people within the WWE that he is interested in one last run with the WWE before retiring. It will be interesting to see if WWE re-signs him. As of now, things do point to the possibility of this happening.

- Adam Rose is not expected to be pushed. In fact, WWE officials backstage have considered maybe having him do some backstage interviews instead of wrestling.

According to SEScoops the top four matches set for SummerSlam are as follows:

* WWE World Title Match: John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar
* Stephanie McMahon vs. Brie Bella
* Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton
* Chris Jericho vs. Bray Wyatt

How can WWE consider Steph vs. Brie a top match?

What happened to Reigns vs. HHH?

Edited by J529

According to SEScoops the top four matches set for SummerSlam are as follows:

* WWE World Title Match: John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar

* Stephanie McMahon vs. Brie Bella

* Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton

* Chris Jericho vs. Bray Wyatt

How can WWE consider Steph vs. Brie a top match?

What happened to Reigns vs. HHH?

Any match with Brie Bella should never be considered a top match.
  • Upvote 1

So, how exactly did Daniel Brian get injured? Was it really because of those tombstones, or what?

Pretty sure it was cumulative damage from over the years. He does a lot of high risk in ring work and it's caught up with him. He's gonna have to change the way he does things, or he's gonna have a short career.

I wonder at this point if he's in the Edge ballpark with his injury.

Unless her match with Stephanie is a bra & panties match that ends in a draw...

There's another option. Steph and Brie HLA

Pretty sure it was cumulative damage from over the years. He does a lot of high risk in ring work and it's caught up with him. He's gonna have to change the way he does things, or he's gonna have a short career.

I wonder at this point if he's in the Edge ballpark with his injury.

Pretty much. He will have to change his style. There's a report that he could be out for the rest of 2014.

tbh its better then the whole bray wyatt thing. I know most people are down with it but I just find them irritating and the fact that theyre immediate contenders is kind of lame too.

I did enjoy swagger throwing rusev out of the ring. He'll probably lose in the end but its about time someone got in rusevs face.

I was sick of the Wyatt thing pretty much a month after it started. There's just no excitement to it at all.

Sounds like an innocent mistake if you ask me, hopefully she won't get to much of a backlash from WWE.

Jul 2, 2014 - 1:10:50 PM

- WWE announced the following today:

"WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Diva Emma as of today, July 2, 2014. WWE wishes Emma the best in all her future endeavors."

Jul 2, 2014 - 6:23:04 PM

- WWE announced the following:

"Upon further evaluation, WWE has reinstated Tenille Dashwood (WWE Diva Emma) but will take appropriate punitive action for her violation of the law."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What the hell WWE? Overreact much?

Edited by Grapefruits

Jul 2, 2014 - 1:10:50 PM

- WWE announced the following today:

"WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Diva Emma as of today, July 2, 2014. WWE wishes Emma the best in all her future endeavors."

Jul 2, 2014 - 6:23:04 PM

- WWE announced the following:

"Upon further evaluation, WWE has reinstated Tenille Dashwood (WWE Diva Emma) but will take appropriate punitive action for her violation of the law."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What the hell WWE? Overreact much?

Pairing Emma with Santino isn't punitive action enough.

They had second thoughts about releasing her because letting her go is too easy and instead they will embarrass and job her, which they've done to many over the years. This vary thing has been said and happened when someone has been "fired" in storylines in the past.