The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

There's a major lawsuit against WWE over royalties and WWE Network profits.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
 - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that there is a huge class action lawsuit in the works over royalties and the WWE Network profits. Apparently a large number of former WWE talents are participating in the legal suit, with more expressing interest in getting involved. The argument is that the WWE Network taking the place of DVDs and Blu-rays, effectively replacing home media, causing the revenue from those sources to drop. The wrestlers feel that they should be entitled to part of the Network revenue due the replacement. It was noted that the Lawsuit, if successful, could potentially hurt WWE Network revenues badly, going forward. Recently, Doug Somers and Eddie Gilbert's family have unsuccessfully tried to get royalties from having clips shown on regular WWE TV but The Observer noted that this situation is very different.

The built-ups for these matches at Mania have been utter crap. I get that there have been injuries on the roster, and the creative team have been scrambling to put things together on short notice, but it feels like they just put names in a hat, and whatever they pull, that's what they're going with. 

12 hours ago, shiznak said:

The built-ups for these matches at Mania have been utter crap. I get that there have been injuries on the roster, and the creative team have been scrambling to put things together on short notice, but it feels like they just put names in a hat, and whatever they pull, that's what they're going with. 

Reminds me of the family guy episode on south park xD

Update on WWE's interest in Roode and Young is that WWE have been in contact with both. WWE is said to be more interested in Young as they feel he can play any character they need him to play.

Angelina Love is done with TNA. She said over the weekend that her contact expired while she was pregnant. Velvet Sky might be leaving too. Her deal is set to expire in 3-4 weeks. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Velvet as she's #2 in merchandise sales right behind Jeff Hardy.

Beautiful People in WWE, please.

WWE doesn't see Ambrose as top guy. No surprise at all. Ambrose goes over Lesnar thanks to Wyatts interfence. That doesn't help or do anything for Dean. Lesnar kicks Ambrose ass the entire match and Lesnar can't put him away, so Ambrose should win instead with quick roll up or something. Wyatts getting involved protects Lesnar and set ups Lesnar/Bray feud.

''I don't think, there is a John Cena right now, unfortunately. But since the Shield broke up I thought he should be the top guy. I know the qualms on why he wouldn't be the guy but unless you get the chance unless you're given the chance and you're booked well in that position, you just don't know. For me, I would've put him in that position and given him the shot, if it didn't work, it didn't work.

I mean, they've never given him that shot, and every time they say they're gonna give him that shot, they do the exact opposite. I think that they had this feeling that if we uh, y'know, "we kept beating Bryan Danielson and look at how big he got.", and it's just like that was a weird situation. I don't know that "keep beating him until he gets over" is gonna work in very many cases. I think in most cases, it won't work. I think that the general feeling on Dean Ambrose is that I think people like him, and they also do not believe in him as a top guy.

I mean, that Triple H match was like, a real bad one because just the whole nature of the way that match went. He tricked him into the title match, he still gets beat clean, comes up with a story afterwards and it only buries him even deeper. They pretty much said he's a spunky guy who can't beat a top guy. I guess there's a chance he's gonna get his hand raised over Brock but like, if he does, y'know it's gonna be like with the Wyatt family doing it all. So, if even if he is to win that match, I don't know what it really means, and I don't think that they would put Dean over Brock clean. I don't think, they would have Ambrose win without any interference, and if I was booking, I wouldn't do that either because, I just think that you've got so much money invested in Brock, but if I was booking that, I also wouldn't have these angles be so one-sided, I mean, it's so one-sided all the way through.

On Smackdown I'm watching all these one-sided angles thinking, they'll probably put Dean's hand up, and think "Well, that's how he gets his thing.", but it's probably gonna be with Bray Wyatt and the Wyatts interfering, but how much is that gonna help Dean really? I think people see Dean as a guy who is a good guy on the show, but he's not a guy that's gonna be on top, because they'll never put him on top. I think how they see him, is like how they've seen a lot of guys over the years, over to a degree, but not over to a big degree. ''

This Shane/Undertaker thing is hilarious. The crowd is eating it up, but they love everyone involved too much. They're just cheering for everyone, and not against anybody. Even Lesnar got cheered for ending Undertaker's streak.

Everyone wants Shane to take over Raw, Everyone wants to see Undertaker continue Wrestling.

But this is true main event emotion. Holy $&!# indeed. This really should be closing out Wrestlemania. That whole thing was so over. I'd hate to be whatever follows this. 

20 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

This Shane/Undertaker thing is hilarious. The crowd is eating it up, but they love everyone involved too much. They're just cheering for everyone, and not against anybody. Even Lesnar got cheered for ending Undertaker's streak.

Everyone wants Shane to take over Raw, Everyone wants to see Undertaker continue Wrestling.

But this is true main event emotion. Holy $&!# indeed. This really should be closing out Wrestlemania. That whole thing was so over. I'd hate to be whatever follows this. 

That Shane/Undertaker fight was awful. Shane's punches don't look realistic or believable at all.  That along with the shuffle bit he did a few weeks back on Raw was totally ridiculousness when him and Undertaker were going at it. Shane also was botching his lines that night too. Shane didn't even come close to landing anywhere near Undertaker when he jumped from the top rope onto announce table. Shane couldn't even stand when he tried to get up. It wasn't a case of him selling. The only thing that will save this match is whomever interferes. Shane/Undertaker, HHH/Roman aren't WM Main Event worthy. I couldn't believe when Vince said Shane will be Undertaker's most formidable opponent at WM.

10 minutes ago, the last outlaw said:

That Shane/Undertaker fight was awful. Shane's punches don't look realistic or believable at all.  That along with the shuffle bit he did a few weeks back on Raw was totally ridiculousness when him and Undertaker were going at it. Shane also was botching his lines that night too. Shane didn't even come close to landing anywhere near Undertaker when he jumped from the top rope onto announce table. Shane couldn't even stand when he tried to get up. It wasn't a case of him selling. The only thing that will save this match is whomever interferes. Shane/Undertaker, HHH/Roman aren't WM Main Event worthy. I couldn't believe when Vince said Shane will be Undertaker's most formidable opponent at WM.

I think it was a case of him at least partially selling. It's a brutal bump, not something you can really jump up from, whether you're actually healthy enough to or not.

His punches are still bad. The fight won't be about the strikes though. Not the brawling. It's about the spots.

And the crowd loved it, which is the most important thing. Not just kind of accepted it, they absolutely were into the whole thing. I think the match will be fine. 

Totally agreed with the "Most formidable opponent" line from last week though. That was hilarious. Doesn't help the match when you oversell it by making up stuff. But that said, it's the first time you're going to ever expect the Undertaker to lose at Wrestlemania, and that means something, even if it's because of reasons that aren't Shane.

Crowd was totally into all 3 things/segments so far, but they've kind of now spent the 3 hottest storylines/feuds they have going in them, outside of Lesnar/Ambrose. The next 2+ hours of Raw are very likely to drag on, again outside of when Lesnar/Ambrose come out.

Edited by g_bassi13