The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead Thread

PlayStation

Okay, so how the heck is the prison going to fight back against that?

I think there's a 3rd group that we don't know of yet. I mean we still don't know who was feeding the walkers those rats, and that camp that was in the woods got robbed by someone or a group of people. I can definitely see a a situation where Rick gets some more manpower. Carol is still on hiatus and it's been confirmed that Morgan will be returning this season. Also that Bob guy keeps mentioning that he was in a group before he decided to go solo.

I think there's a 3rd group that we don't know of yet. I mean we still don't know who was feeding the walkers those rats, and that camp that was in the woods got robbed by someone or a group of people. I can definitely see a a situation where Rick gets some more manpower. Carol is still on hiatus and it's been confirmed that Morgan will be returning this season. Also that Bob guy keeps mentioning that he was in a group before he decided to go solo.

That'd be awesome to see Morgan lead a group to the prison to help Rick

That'd be awesome to see Morgan lead a group to the prison to help Rick

But even without another group I don't think it's that implausible for Rick to beat the governor. Yea they have a tank, but how much "tank ammo" (is that the right term?) could they possibly have? And their goal is to take the prison, not run over the fences which would render it useless and attract even more walkers by blowing sh!t up.

So we spend the entire last season on a storyline with the Governor against Rick, now the new mid-season finale is the exact same plot but with a different group under the Governor. Man I'm giving the show chances but it's just been letting me down. The only thing that has me still is the possibility of a third group, hopefully it will make its impact soon. Otherwise I just felt like I re-watched Season 3 all over again.

EDIT: It was so predictable that the Governor would kill the people he did. I was just anticipating it, and guess what, it happened. Spend an entire episode and a half to develop this side of the Governor only to destroy it within seconds. What is the purpose of the whole family/reclaiming identity if the Governor has not changed and is still the power-hungry, reckless man he was in Woodbury? How predictable again that the Governor will once again have another confrontation with Rick?

To keep the show you relevant and fresh you have to add new elements and new scenarios, but after a season and a half it's still the same old Rick vs Governor with a little dose of diseases on Rick's end. A changed Governor would have changed the entire dynamic of the show. Also very far-fetched that, like someone said, the girls would have no experience in the ZA and how the Governor would be accepted into the camp and be allowed a gun or such without proving loyalty or trustworthy considering his background. Show's on a downhill.

i highly doubt the tank has any shells left, plus, the governor wants the prison, he's not going to drive the tank through the fence/walls, as that would make it pointless... at least we'll have an exciting mid season finale (unless that sneak peak was the end of the show/the cliffhanger)

i highly doubt the tank has any shells left, plus, the governor wants the prison, he's not going to drive the tank through the fence/walls, as that would make it pointless... at least we'll have an exciting mid season finale (unless that sneak peak was the end of the show/the cliffhanger)

That's exactly what the governor would do. He'd have the "if I can't have the prison neither can you" type of approach.

I agree with the suggestion that there is a third group out there what will help Rick.

That's exactly what the governor would do. He'd have the "if I can't have the prison neither can you" type of approach.

I agree with the suggestion that there is a third group out there what will help Rick.

i was thinking that myself, but he feels like he NEEDS the prision to protect his new family. he's not going to compromise that. he'll be more than willing to get into a shootout, but the tank is more of a show of force than anything else. it won't be used unless his family is already gone/there is no hope they are going to win.

side note: in any situation like this, you should always target the leader for the first shot, so they don't have a chance to use their last ditch maneuver. That's why I'd headshot the governor before he finished talking, and wouldn't stop shooting until everyone was dead. (guy standing on /in the tank would be second, while he was still stunned by what just happened)

So we spend the entire last season on a storyline with the Governor against Rick, now the new mid-season finale is the exact same plot but with a different group under the Governor. Man I'm giving the show chances but it's just been letting me down. The only thing that has me still is the possibility of a third group, hopefully it will make its impact soon. Otherwise I just felt like I re-watched Season 3 all over again.

EDIT: It was so predictable that the Governor would kill the people he did. I was just anticipating it, and guess what, it happened. Spend an entire episode and a half to develop this side of the Governor only to destroy it within seconds. What is the purpose of the whole family/reclaiming identity if the Governor has not changed and is still the power-hungry, reckless man he was in Woodbury? How predictable again that the Governor will once again have another confrontation with Rick?

To keep the show you relevant and fresh you have to add new elements and new scenarios, but after a season and a half it's still the same old Rick vs Governor with a little dose of diseases on Rick's end. A changed Governor would have changed the entire dynamic of the show. Also very far-fetched that, like someone said, the girls would have no experience in the ZA and how the Governor would be accepted into the camp and be allowed a gun or such without proving loyalty or trustworthy considering his background. Show's on a downhill.

Yeah. Would've been better to see the Governor actually turn 'good', or at least take the middle ground.

Still a good show to watch, but this last episode was disappointing.

What if the people who killed the group in the forest was Carol and her new crew. I have feeling they will come and help Rick just because of the kids/Daryl.

That whole thing was so ridiculous... like that group got gunned down by god knows who in such a short period of time and The Governor's crew didn't hear anything in the area.

Oh yeah....

Um, the Governor story was incomplete and his return marked the highnote of this season so far. You don't have to be a genius to figure out that a revenge act was inevitable, as it was well-advertised. And nothing in his recent background story was all that far-fetched, just sped up. So what's the problem? If they just put back in the Governor with his new crew and no explanation at all, THAT would've been a problem.

I'm looking forward to seeing who gets knocked off next episode. Thinking Rick lives, but gets 'an eye for an eye' injury, so to speak.

Um, the Governor story was incomplete and his return marked the highnote of this season so far. You don't have to be a genius to figure out that a revenge act was inevitable, as it was well-advertised. And nothing in his recent background story was all that far-fetched, just sped up. So what's the problem? If they just put back in the Governor with his new crew and no explanation at all, THAT would've been a problem.

I'm looking forward to seeing who gets knocked off next episode. Thinking Rick lives, but gets 'an eye for an eye' injury, so to speak.

rick didn't do anything to the governor's eye though...

Archived