The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Next Gen Console News - XBOX 720, PS4

PlayStation

Lol it's all good kent I know where you're going with this and I completely agree.

I use to be a fanboy of the 360. Then I grew up and realized I missed out on some pretty good games... Lol

It's amusing and frustrating at the same time to see people think they know how specific hardware works. Then to actually argue their point.

Let me just make this statement, the PS4 trumps the XB1 in all aspects. That about sums it up.

^

This for example, I just find funny :lol:

I use to be a fanboy of the 360. Then I grew up and realized I missed out on some pretty good games... Lol

It's amusing and frustrating at the same time to see people think they know how specific hardware works. Then to actually argue their point.

^

This for example, I just find funny :lol:

One has to be an idiot to deny that the PS4 hardware is superior. It's amusing that you say they are basically the same without giving any facts.

One has to be an idiot to deny that the PS4 hardware is superior. It's amusing that you say they are basically the same without giving any facts.

I'm not saying it's not superior, but people tend to think it's on a whole different level.

When in reality, the difference is minuscule when comparing hardware. It won't make that much difference is what I'm saying.

One has to be an idiot to think that they can say there's a dramatic difference between 720p and 1080p. Numbers are put there to sell. It's like the difference between 60 fps and 100 fps. Our eyes cannot tell the difference.

One has to be an idiot to think that they can say there's a dramatic difference between 720p and 1080p. Numbers are put there to sell. It's like the difference between 60 fps and 100 fps. Our eyes cannot tell the difference.

Speak for yourself. I can certainly tell the difference between 720p and 1080p, I'm sure others can too. It's definitely not dramatic but significant enough.

The difference is not extremely dramatic, but it's still visible, and speaks volumes about the capabilities of a game, or the system running it.

Would hope it has everything to do with the developer not being able to optimize a game, vs. the console not being able to run it altogether. I have to assume it's the former here, because the latter is unrealistic, even with the lower overall specs vs. the PS4.

I know, but don't dwell on that aspect alone. There are more. Read up. It's all over the internet. The truth will set you free. Enjoy the inferior XB1!

I'd rather not read biased reviews on the Internet. I consider myself pretty tech savvy. So ill take the information given to me by the companies and make my own opinions.

Does anyone believe this guy is 33? :lol:

Edit:

In an interview with IGN today, Rubin talked more about the difference.

“You know, it’s easy to be comparative when you’re looking at both systems," said Rubin. "When you see one out of context from the other I don’t think it’s a big concern. We did our best to make the best looking game on each console, and making sure we nailed down 60 frames per second. That was a key pillar for us."

He went on to explain that there's no agenda or definite reason for the difference. “There’s no maliciousness, there’s no specific reason why one’s 720p, one’s 1080p," he said. "That’s just the way the optimisation came out to. To keep a smooth frame rate we needed to be 720p on Xbox One. That being said, it is being upscaled to 1080p, so it is outputting 1080p on your TV, and for the most part the game does look really good. Some people actually think the textures look a little bit nicer maybe on Xbox than they do on PS4.

I looked on the Internet like you asked, by the way. This isn't me saying the Xbox1 is better. They're both great consoles.

All I'm saying is people should stop making assumptions without doing some research or learning about the product their spending 400+ on.

I'd rather not read biased reviews on the Internet. I consider myself pretty tech savvy. So ill take the information given to me by the companies and make my own opinions.

Does anyone believe this guy is 33? :lol:

OK. So where is this info that each company has given you? show me if they show that XB1 is better. Who's 33? Oh that, LOL. It may have been exaggerated. :)

To be fair, I'm going to buy both. XB1 because of Titanfall, but in my mind, from what I've read, they mention that PS4 is better. So it doesn't really matter to me. :)

Awesome man! Titanfall is going to be one hell of a game by the looks of it!

What are you getting for the ps4?

Yeah.... waiting for the Destiny/XB1 bundle... because 7 of my friends plan to get the exact same thing.

Honestly I couldn't care less about hardware/visuals etc. all that is gravy. For me what takes the cake is being able to play with my friends and what the game I'm playing is. So fortunately or unfortunately all of my friends are going XB1.

C'est La Vie.

Archived