The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Music of 2013

coleman26

yeah, the new Kurt Vile is truly good after one listen. remember liking the second song quite a bit.

gave the new James Blake a once-over, way more accessible than s/t, some great stuff on there and some weird stuff like a few hip-hop verses.

new Wavves was listenable and kinda interesting, but overall pretty mediocre. and i really liked some of King of the Beach.

oh, and i know most of the regulars here hate odd future but tyler, earl and domo were on Letterman last night and actually gave (i thought) a really good performance. and Tyler's new album, though it still has tons of the usual annoying stupidity, has some interesting jazz bits and some really pleasant songs. Answer, Jamba, and Rusty are all quite good.

Tyga's Hotel California came out yesterday, pretty solid album.

My favorites include,

MOE

Molly Ft. Wiz Khalifa(Was released as a single)

500 Degrees Ft. Lil Wayne

and Drive Fast, Live young.

A solid party album, with tonnes of bass. Tyga's producers are hands down the sickest in the game. And 3-4 of the songs are pretty serious, so its a solid mix that any general hiphop fan would appreciate.

Tyga's Hotel California came out yesterday, pretty solid album.

My favorites include,

MOE

Molly Ft. Wiz Khalifa(Was released as a single)

500 Degrees Ft. Lil Wayne

and Drive Fast, Live young.

A solid party album, with tonnes of bass. Tyga's producers are hands down the sickest in the game. And 3-4 of the songs are pretty serious, so its a solid mix that any general hiphop fan would appreciate.

Summer is nearly here and it is looking to be a fantastic one for music. Going to be skint come October.

The 1975s

Bastille

Everything Everything

qotsa

iron maiden

killswitch engage

daft punk

children of bodem

and a lot more. exited.

Been watching the Coachella stream all weekend, and man, Vampire Weekend absolutely killed it. Their version of their new song, Step, had that deep vocal effect throughout, and it sounded great. Wish it was used more in studio version

the only livestream shows i watched were VW and Tame Impala.

Tame Impala were good and entertaining, but very flawed. Vampire Weekend were nearly flawless, the new songs sound terrific and I've ever heard Ezra sing that well.

I watched that Tame Impala set as well, I thought they sounded great. Managed to snag some tickets for the show, too. I did notice there was a lot of interaction between band members and the sound crew on the side, some issues there maybe?

Nick Cave was the highlight for me, but I was totally impressed by Vampire Weekend--super psyched for that album now

Archived